Hardware price list/spec sheet

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
In my opinion, therefore, internal HDD, external HDD and USB pendrive each should be on a different drop-down box.
Logically speaking, you're all correct. Though the issue is that the spec sheet does *not* have many Internal HDDs. For sure if the data were vast I'd seprate them out.
In any case the individual prices are listed as well, so it won't be a *big* problem. However point duly noted.

TODO: 1) Separate Storage Devices; 2) Add Multipliers

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Sorcerer spreadsheet does not contain internal* ( if you omit the ssd prices ) HDD prices ( as of now ).

Will try to add it in next couple of days though.

Gollum

Collector
Have you guys checked out computerwarehousepricelist.com ?
An ex-retailer in my town told me that he used to get things directly from them. And the prices are not very high either.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
^^^^
is it just me
the spreadsheet on the first page looks a bit odd :(
i mean no offense to Sorcerer and his initiative
but i think the default PriceList made by Comp@ddict was much more easier to navigate
Since Comp@ddict is busy in his Preps for JEE,
people can chip in and do their bit to keep the previous pricelist updated(the section MOD will have to verify the info first)
in my honest opinion Simple Is Beautiful, no need to make Complex:-D

p.s.
these are just my humble and frank observations
i appreciate people trying to chip in and do their bit
but all of this seems a little too Complex for Newbie users

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ the original format didn't changed much. the simple price list still exist. for those that wants some deep info can seek help in the spreadsheet rather than searching in product homepage or pile up queries in forums :smile:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Okay so this is the people that we have:
From chip, for now there's CPG, Erif and anant_xinix. From Digit, we have topgear, ico, krow and nbaztec. From techenclave, we have Gannu and xtech maniac.
There's always me.

3-4 people from each forum is adequate for now to keep this list updated. For now, this is displayed on TDF and chip. No word/post from TE mods (yet) even though I pitched this idea (a working idea) 8 days ago. All I request is that they implement that google spreadsheet display code. There's nothing much as I want to say because no1 from the mod team showing any signs of interest. At the end of the day its for everybody's benefit.

In any case, this list is maintained by the members and will always be taken care by the members. I am sure with equal dedication from time to time this list will be constantly updated. Other forum admins are free to display this on their tech forum, provided they let one of the contributors know and give a little credit.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ The Sorcerer - thanks for letting us about all the members of all forums who are involved in updating/managing the price list.

Yesterday morning for some odd reason I was not able to see the Internal HDD tab so added all seagate internal HDD prices into Storage-external, SSD & flash tab - so now it's time to remove them and will update them on the internal HDD price list.

@ nbaztec - thanks for adding speakers.

tkin

Back to school!!
Hey anyone add this to the front page, XFX GTX460 for 13.8k+tax.

This is legit and only sold in Asian markets, i couldn't get a picture but anyone in kolkata can verify this, just call up any shop, MD Comps has one in its shelf. Reference stuff.

Here's an image I found online:

*img827.imageshack.us/img827/7656/50166444.jpg

*img404.imageshack.us/img404/1562/78590715.jpg

This has reference cooler so will cool properly unlike palit cards, but xfx has poor build quality.

tkin

Back to school!!
XFX has poor built quality? I am using them for over 4 years, I found them the best.
Don't take personally, you see my sig???

You see the 'finger crossed' emoticon beside my XFX HD5850?? Well, it put me through hell, xfx was good before, I admit, the alpha dog 8800GT were some of the best around, but my HD5850 broke after first run(furmark), my friend's 5770 broke after 3 months(normal use), his card took 2 months to replace, so not just poor build quality but poor cust support as well.

PS: My card was a parallel import, mine got replaced in a month, my friend's 5770 was imported by rashi, the official distro, and took 2 months to replace, i'm sorry to say but xfx as you knew it is dead.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Oh god, I liked them the most. My 9800GT is running well though, 11 months and so on...So what's it's replacement brand? Was thinking of buying a GTX 460 in Jan...

tkin

Back to school!!
Oh god, I liked them the most. My 9800GT is running well though, 11 months and so on...So what's it's replacement brand? Was thinking of buying a GTX 460 in Jan...
I'll say MSI GTX460 HAWK for 13.5k looks most promising, don't buy palit, I bought a Palit GTX460 that had a load temp of 100c+, something was wrong with the card's cooling and it overheated like hell, and tirupati(palit distro) said it won't replace until the card breaks down, in the meantime my HDD temps reached 49c:twisted: due that palit card. Also the cooling on that palit card looked like it was made out of iron(ie crap).

So I'd say MSI GTX460 HAWK or Cyclone model, msi looks promising, nice temperatures and good oc capabilities(with hawk model).

My XFX HD5850 is running fine after the rma though, but since xfx is not allowed to sell GTX460 outside of asia if you buy it then in future if you need rma you might end up waiting for months.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Ya i saw many Complaints raised for Palit GTX 460 cooler but still many buy it !! i dono y !! techpowerup has recommend for good VLM & good product though ! hmmm Some of them feel the cooler is good

Even i was using GTX 260 sonic which is non reference model more than a year gr8 hardware not even a bit of complaints !!

tkin

Back to school!!
Ya i saw many Complaints raised for Palit GTX 460 cooler but still many buy it !! i dono y !! techpowerup has recommend for good VLM & good product though ! hmmm Some of them feel the cooler is good

Even i was using GTX 260 sonic which is non reference model more than a year gr8 hardware not even a bit of complaints !!
I don't know about techpowerup but the GTX460 palit sells(sonic, not the platinum) has no heatpipe in its cooler, just a chunk of anodized metal and its not copper, the stuff you see in passively cooled gfx cards.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I'll say MSI GTX460 HAWK for 13.5k looks most promising, don't buy palit, I bought a Palit GTX460 that had a load temp of 100c+, something was wrong with the card's cooling and it overheated like hell, and tirupati(palit distro) said it won't replace until the card breaks down, in the meantime my HDD temps reached 49c:twisted: due that palit card. Also the cooling on that palit card looked like it was made out of iron(ie crap).

So I'd say MSI GTX460 HAWK or Cyclone model, msi looks promising, nice temperatures and good oc capabilities(with hawk model).

My XFX HD5850 is running fine after the rma though, but since xfx is not allowed to sell GTX460 outside of asia if you buy it then in future if you need rma you might end up waiting for months.

Thanks for your valuable input. It was helpful. BTW- How did you find out your HDD temp? I could only see my CPU and Internal temp in BIOS !! Pardon my stupidity.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

maybe Palit send hand picked cards to review sites. and the ones sold are just manufactured like any ordinary card even if it cost close to 200$or maybe more.

Top Bottom