Hardware price list/spec sheet

Death_Knight

True Evil Never Dies
@ topgear, Sam.Shab, insaneYLN
One should give a thought about the peak wattage rather than only the back-up time (home users usually shut down ASAP after a power failure that does not need more than 5min). If the machine is consuming higher wattage than the peak output provided by UPS at the time of power failure, it will trip & the machine restarts instantly. So, a higher rated UPS though a overkill for basic rig, is indispensable for power hungry ones. Else be prepared to lose half written discs or game saves. :-D

Also can anybody explain me the problem of ups-psu compatibility due to modularity of psu as mentioned by a member in one of my thread.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ That's the point - some people want as much as backup they can get from the ups with minimal system load usually who works with word and other such apps a lot.

Some people wants only around 5-6 mins of backup to properly save their game and work and to shutdown the pc properly.

Now insaneYLN has asked for a ups which can give him 30 mins of backup ( if I remember it correctly ) and I assume as he was going for dual gpu config in the future he has asked for properly save his game and shutdown his pc.

Now under heavy load a rig with dual gfx cards and a lcd monitor will consume around 450W-500W and that 1100VA ups will give him 5-8 mins backup and under idle condition it will give him 30-40 mins backup and will fulfill all his needs.

BTW, I also have no idea what modualar/non-modualr PSu has anything to do with ups.

@ insaneYLN - as you are going to get a new rig based on DDR3 I suggest you to get 2 GB DDR2 ram and it will be enough for your old rig.

deep92

Dare To Be Naive.
people can you help me please....
i am buying a new computer
i do not want any monitors,keyboard,mouse etc.
i have decided to buy the following parts:-
1.AMD 955BE
2.Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H(not available in nehru place so changed my mind to 890GX)
3.2GB DDR3
4.1 TB WD
already bought the coolermaster 335 case.

the problem is that gigabyte motherboard of both the models are not available in nehru place.they 890 GX model of MSI and don't have gigabyte 880gma but they have 880GM model.
i don't want to settle for 880GM.so i wanted to ask that whether i sud go with MSI or wait for the Gigabyte one to arrive in the market.due to commonwealth games their shipping is stopped.
PLEASE HELP..:|

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@topgear, yah. right. APC 1100VA UPS looks best for him. but i was wondering what will he do in the 20-30mins? surely not put the system in idle & count minutes as when to turn off his PC. if he plans to games (with dual GPU & a fast proccy), he better off with a 2000VA UPS from APC :grin: alternately asigh can comment on the APC 1100VA UPS as he have 2 highend card & a fast quadcore all backed by a APC 1100VA.

BTW, the UPS is using (550VA from APC) gives only 3-4min backup even when in idle (sometimes i let download be over, before turning PC off). am i getting a normal backup? also i should mention is, sometimes the UPS suddenly goes into battery mode (with a sound that comes when battery is totally drained) turning PC of illegally. this happens 1 or 2 times per week & usually happens late at night (1-3am).

@deep92, whats the use of the rig? well if you can start a new thread with the PC build questionnaire template. also you brought the 335 case. did you took the Cooler Master Extreme Power PSU usually bundled with it? if not what PSU are you having currently?

Death_Knight

True Evil Never Dies
Whats the bad thing I couldn't help but noticing about the APC RS 1100VA UPS is its poor power factor of only 0.6 (1100VA supplying 660W). The same goes for all UPS in the HS, RS & ES series (except RS 800VA gives 540W, a pf of 0.67, that too at a costly 5.5k). Their Smart-UPS line up seems to give good value, but they are heavily priced.
The Luminous 1000VA is rated at 720W (pf of 0.72), now thats efficiency.
The damn Microtek or Zebronics site don't give any ratings at all.
(Can anybody provide any input?)

I am looking to buy a 1000VA UPS. If this is the scenario then spending 1.5k on APC seems illogical compared to local players (Microtek 1000VA Twin Guard Plus with double battery comes at 3150+)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ what's the price of a Luminous 1000VA ups ?

@ Sam.Shab - even I'm wondering what insaneYLN will do with 30-40 mins backup time ?

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
@Sam.Shab, topgear and Death_Night: Thanks guys, finally I see some very good discussion on a topic that I have been myself searching for a long time without any success! I have a 6.5 yrs old APC Back-UPS RS-1000 (Rs. 7.6K in 2004) that has been serving me well without any problem, except for one instance of battery replacement so far. However, what makes me very uncomfortable is the fact that the spread-out kind of manual that it came with is very scanty on the specs, and even their web site did not say whether it is an in-line, line-interactive or plain off-line UPS. I vaguely remember that it claimed ~80% power factor, but I am not sure. I got it in 2004 with my P-4 2.8 GHz system with a 21 inch CRT monitor, but now that I have a more powerful system, albeit with an LCD monitor, it is still providing me up to 20 min back-up time under moderate loads. However, I dare not use it that long when any heavy duty process is running.
Now, seeing the power factor claimed by Luminous 1000, I am also interested in knowing its price and see how that compares with that of my UPS.

Last edited:

insaneYLN

In the zone
@ Sam.Shab & topgear

Sir, one of the reasons (perhaps a naive one :oops: ) why i require a 30-40 minutes of backup from a UPS is because i have 2 DVD writers on my system & i use both simultaneously to burn DVDs & each DVD takes quite some time to write at speeds of either 6x or 4x :-|

It would be fantastic if someone could make a guide/tutorial which will definitely assist a noob like me in understanding what to look for when purchasing a good UPS. :oops:

Thank you all once again.
:smile:

vwad

In the zone
@ Sam.Shab & topgear

Sir, one of the reasons (perhaps a naive one :oops: ) why i require a 30-40 minutes of backup from a UPS is because i have 2 DVD writers on my system & i use both simultaneously to burn DVDs & each DVD takes quite some time to write at speeds of either 6x or 4x :-|

It would be fantastic if someone could make a guide/tutorial which will definitely assist a noob like me in understanding what to look for when purchasing a good UPS. :oops:

Thank you all once again.
:smile:

I am sure supporters will guide you in this regard, until then do your homework with this link.

Buying UPS Systems- Choosing the Right UPS for your Computer - Device

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thinking of adding the Google Spreadsheet in the first post: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/community-discussions/132803-we-going-under-revamp.html

Need comp@ddict to confirm.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
BTW, I think this mobo should be added in the price list as many people are getting this for DDR2+DDR3 support : Gigabyte GA-G41M-Combo @ 2.6k

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Yeah, g31, 33 and g41 is still around as well. I will be taking care of the Intel motherboard spec sheet.

Allrighty people!!!

The admins put up a spreadsheet on the first page and comes with all the specs/price. If you want contribute, PM me and if you're someone I could trust (and not annoying), I'll add them.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
@topgear
Do u think Zotac 9600GT Eco Edition's price could be fall further after launch of new ATI 6XXX series card ?
I need a card for my bro but totally out of money.
I can spend 3.5K(all).....:(
Please inform me if u got any info about seller of this card in Kolkata.....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've some suggestions about the spec sheet/price update :

we should concentrate more on the prices rather than specs - updating those every bit of specs manually is really very time consuming - so we can just cut-off some specs which are not very necessary/or can be easily found on the manufacturers websites. This way the list can be updated more frequently in very less time and will relieve the work pressure of the volunteers as well.

if a user is confused what to buy by looking at the price sheet he can always visit the manufacturers website or ask in forums - this way he will get the most latest specs and the best buying advice.

From mobo tabs : Form Factor, CF/SLI, PCI-e Slots, Audio codec, Max Channel support, Spdif/Coaxial, Dimm Slots, Ram Freq. Support, Max memory support, Sata, USB, etata, Firewire, IDE,

From Processors Tabs : Codename, Core/Thread, Bus Speed, Cache, TDP

From Rams tab : Series, Size, Description, System, Voltage, Heatsink, Warranty,

PC-Chassis : Type, Dimension, Fans Included,

From Power Supply : PFC, 80 plus certification, Rail ( and all voltage ranges ),All connectors columns

From Graphic Cards : Core clock, DX support, Clock mem, output ports

From monitors : completely perfect.

From CPU cooler : Fan size, Weight,

storage : completely perfect.

Also we should remove the city name as we collect the prices from various online resources/websites and some time from local shops - so it's really hard to mention any city name always.

Guys share your opinion about these suggestions

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@topgear
Do u think Zotac 9600GT Eco Edition's price could be fall further after launch of new ATI 6XXX series card ?
I need a card for my bro but totally out of money.
I can spend 3.5K(all).....:(
Please inform me if u got any info about seller of this card in Kolkata.....

No I don't think so - it's price is already very low and perfect.
I've searched for this card on local shops at the end of the last month but found none.

Updated some HDD prices.

Nice updates :cool:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I can take care of the specs of all tabs. Done with most intel chipset and AMD boards. Need to do few touch ups on AMD processor lists.

Top Bottom