Hardware price list/spec sheet

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
Well, doing my bit for the community, I integrated your price-sheet into a PHP-JScript framework which can help newbies in building their own PC & know the cost.
Please see that currently I'm just starting out with this & will be complete in a week or so.
The Web service takes its data from the given price-sheet. Any change in the sheet will be reflected here.
Note that those entries that do not have a price are omitted (for obvious reasons).
Also having a unified format will help me code the service in a better & easier way.
Eg: Col1 - Name, Col2 Price, etc....

Here's the link, currently on my website.
Visit

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can take care of the specs of all tabs. Done with most intel chipset and AMD boards. Need to do few touch ups on AMD processor lists.

if I post the model names and prices can you post the rest of the specs ??

then it will be even more easier to update the list.

Thanks topgear. I think I'll soon add Buffalo storage drives.

I think a tab for internal HDD should be added as well.

BTW, updated some cpu and graphics card prices.

Last edited:

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, doing my bit for the community, I integrated your price-sheet into a PHP-JScript framework which can help newbies in building their own PC & know the cost.
Please see that currently I'm just starting out with this & will be complete in a week or so.
The Web service takes its data from the given price-sheet. Any change in the sheet will be reflected here.
Note that those entries that do not have a price are omitted (for obvious reasons).
Also having a unified format will help me code the service in a better & easier way.

Visit
Thank you. :)

Let us know when it's complete. I'll add it to the first post. :)

nbaztec

Master KOD3R

Always glad to be appreciated. I'll do this over the weekend. It should be done pretty quickly. However I think the RAM section is a bit messy & non-informative while not following the required format. It doesn't include the Corsair or Kingston Rams.
The usual format I see is:
Brand | Model | Type | Cost
Brand | Model | Cost | Type

Please keep the format intact, as any rearrangement will render the script buggy for that particular sheet. If however you do change it, please PM me pointing out the change. Change is only a few fixes away.
New rows can be added without any change & so can the existing data be edited.

monkey

Padawan
Got Some price updates from .:: Yantra Online ::. (all prices include shipping):

PCIe VGA Cards:
1. Sapphire HD5670 (512MB): 4,650/-
2. Sapphire HD5670 (1GB): 5,800/-
3. Sapphire HD5850: 15,300/-
4. Sapphire HD5770: 8,650/-

Corsair SSD:
1. Force 40GB: 6,125/-
2. Force 60GB: 8,014/-
3. Force 80GB: 10,480/-
4. Force 120GB: 13,100/-
5. Force 160GB: 21,500/-
6. Force 240GB: 30,750/-
7. Nova 32GB: 4,400/-
8. Nova 64GB: 6,965/-
9. Nova 128GB: 12,840/-

Hope it is useful input.

itisbasi

Right off the assembly line
hey... ive got an old processor... amd anthlon x2 4600+
and i am wishing to buy a new processor 4 my old mobo...it supports am2+ socket....
i need an am2+ pin processor around 5k.... pls suggest me the procc.. nd whercan i gat it..???

(all the listed amd processors her are am3 compaitable.. i need am2+ proceesor)

I have the same problem. my processor is amd x2 4600+ mobo is ASUS m2nmxse plus, which supports only socket AM2+ CPUs and I am struggling to find them in Bangalore. I have found a processor on anythingit dot com for 6.5K, but i would prefer buying it from a store . I am now thinking I shouild've made a better mobo choice 2 years ago. What did you do? Did you change mobo and CPU??

vwad

In the zone
I have the same problem. my processor is amd x2 4600+ mobo is ASUS m2nmxse plus, which supports only socket AM2+ CPUs and I am struggling to find them in Bangalore. I have found a processor on anythingit dot com for 6.5K, but i would prefer buying it from a store . I am now thinking I shouild've made a better mobo choice 2 years ago. What did you do? Did you change mobo and CPU??

I think you should save some money and go for AM3 format since AM2 is quite older one now. I myself have AM2 and desperately saving money to buy new rig and get rid of this one. :)

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
nbaztec said:

Visit

Phew Finally, it's done: Build Your Rig!. Everything you need, to build a cost effective PC.

And for Updating the prices, a simple Update Form.
The responses can be viewed on This Page.

P.S. Kindly pin this to first post. This may be helpful for many people.

It's my way of paying back you guys! :)

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer
I think you should save some money and go for AM3 format since AM2 is quite older one now. I myself have AM2 and desperately saving money to buy new rig and get rid of this one. :)

:+1:..I had the same board(sans plus i.e M2N MX SE)..got busted a lil over month back!But the procc(X2 4400+) was fine..went for a new CPU+MoBo+RAM!!Happy now!!There is no point in going for AM2+ now as new 1s(AM3+) will b launched soon!!

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Phew Finally, it's done: Build Your Rig!. Everything you need, to build a cost effective PC.

And for Updating the prices, a simple Update Form.
The responses can be viewed on This Page.

P.S. Kindly pin this to first post. This may be helpful for many people.

It's my way of paying back you guys! :)

Edit: Does the update form updates The Sorcerer's spreadsheet or a different one? I hope it is different to avoid redundancies. :) Yea, I guess it is a different one.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I think Build Your Rig uses the updates from The Sorcerer's spreadsheet as the source as every bit of price exactly same but the idea of drop box selection is very good and innovative I must say.

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
@ico
It uses the data from The Sorcerer's Spreadsheet. If I had to create another sheet it would be a waste, after all why re-invent the wheel. It uses the published sheet as source. You change the data - You see it change @Build Your Rig

The form is just to help you guys stay update on prices, since people post here & it becomes kinda random so I thought a form would be helpful & I gave you the link to see the form, If you provided me with the email IDs I can add you to the list of "authorized users" so that you can delete the entries that you have processed.

Just by clicking on the view form you can see the submissions people have posted all at one place & make changes to The Sorcerer's sheet.

P.S. I see you have misunderstood the concept:
1) Build Your Rig!
It uses The Sorcerer's list as the source. Any changes he or any of the "authorized users" make will be updated likewise. No need to update anything on my part.
You can add any number of rows/entries or update previous ones. However adding/deleting any column b/w the first & that containing the Prices will need me to change the script.

2) Price Update Form
Users inform you about the prices here @ TDF in the from of random posts, instead they can just fill out the form & submit it. This does not change any data. It's upto the mods to decided whether the update is a valid one or not & include it in The Sorcerer's list.

3) Price Update Form Responses
The responses to the form can be seen here. Here you decide to include the price updates a valid one or not & make the necessary changes in the main list.

Hope I'm clear :)

Last edited:

Tathaga

Best Mind****er
amd radeon 6850 : 180$
amd radeon 6870 : 240$

Wen wil dey hit indian shores n wat wil b da price here ??

drools

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
2) Price Update Form
Users inform you about the prices here @ TDF in the from of random posts, instead they can just fill out the form & submit it. This does not change any data. It's upto the mods to decided whether the update is a valid one or not & include it in The Sorcerer's list.

Hope I'm clear :)
Yup. Thanks. This was my doubt. :) I actually thought that the Update Form updates The Sorcerer's spreadsheet straightaway and changes in the cell formatting will create problems.

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
^^ I think Build Your Rig uses the updates from The Sorcerer's spreadsheet as the source as every bit of price exactly same but the idea of drop box selection is very good and innovative I must say.

I surely like the idea of drop-down boxes, but if I understand them correctly (I'm not sure), I don't think it is wise to offer internal HDD, external HDD and USB pendrive in the same drop-down box. What if I want both an internal HDD and a USB pendrive/an external HDD? In any case, nobody would want to build a new rig with a pendrive as the only storage option, right? In my opinion, therefore, internal HDD, external HDD and USB pendrive each should be on a different drop-down box.

Last edited:
Top Bottom