CPU/Chipset News

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Very nice news, but its a very bad time to introduce 2700K considering the present deteriorating condition of dollar. :-(

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
For Intel, this should be the perfect time. As for US/Europe this should be better. ;)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ It was expected as their top-end CPUs are being replaced by latest LGA 2011 socket based CPUs. But we can't expect price drop of 990x, right? :-(

Cilus

laborare est orare
They also stopped the Lynfiled based dual core and Pentium G processors too. Only Nehalem based processor they will be shipping is i5 7XX series.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Intel Atom Cedar Trail Processors
Intel Atom Cedar Trail processors revealed due - Online Best Latest Price Reviews | Features in India

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
This might be an interesteing link: IBM Quietly Starts to Make Chips for AMD - X-bit labs <--IBM Quietly Starts to Make Chips for AMD

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pretty interesting:-

Engineers Show Way to Improve Performance of AMD, Intel Hybrid Chips by 20% - X-bit labs

In the proposed CPU-assisted GPGPU, after the CPU launches a GPU program, it executes a pre-execution program, which is generated automatically from the GPU kernel using the proposed compiler algorithms and contains memory access instructions of the GPU kernel for multiple threadblocks. The CPU pre-execution program runs ahead of GPU threads because (1) the CPU pre-execution thread only contains memory fetch instructions from GPU kernels and not floating-point computations, and (2) the CPU runs at higher frequencies and exploits higher degrees of instruction-level parallelism than GPU scalar cores. The researchers also leverage the prefetcher at the L2-cache on the CPU side to increase the memory traffic from CPU. As a result, the memory accesses of GPU threads hit in the L3 cache and their latency can be drastically reduced. Since the pre-execution is directly controlled by user-level applications, it enjoys both high accuracy and flexibility. Engineers' experiments on a set of benchmarks show that our proposed pre-execution improves the performance by up to 113% and 21.4% on average.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Intel Confirms Ivy Bridge Specifications:
Intel Presentation Confirms Ivy Bridge Specifications

MSI Z77A-GD65 'Ivy Bridge' Motherboard Preview :
MSI Z77A-GD65 'Ivy Bridge' Motherboard Preview - MSI Z77A-GD65 'Ivy Bridge' Motherboard - Legit Reviews

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
New AMD FX processors sighted in MSI support list

Intel Core i3 Ivy Bridge CPUs Detailed, Will Sell Starting Q3 - Softpedia

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
CPU-Z Validator 3.1

New world record eith FX8150.
Thanks to Sumon for letting me know of this link.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Asus Maximus V Formula & Extreme is now available.
Newegg.com - ASUS Maximus V FORMULA LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard
Newegg.com - ASUS Maximus V EXTREME LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard

Considering all the spaces, Formula looks like a better choice to me.

Top Bottom