CPU/Chipset News

hot zubs

live life king like...
*www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/03/100322-sixcoreamd-02.jpg

The gang at DigiTimes have always struck us as processor obsessives -- constantly out on the streets, roughing up mobo manufacturers, getting them to spill their secrets (they probably look like Gene Hackman in Night Moves). And they've sure been busy, this time digging up some dirt on AMD's six-core Phenom II line. Hitting shelves as soon as the second quarter this year, the X6 1035T will clock in at 2.6GHz, the 1005T at 2.8GHz, and the 1075T at 3GHz. There is also a Phenom II X6 1095T possibly coming to fruition in the fourth quarter of the year, but we don't have any data on that one yet. According to Alien Babel Tech (where we did our undergrad, by the way) the 1055T is will retail for $199, while the as-of-yet unknown 1090T black edition will retail $295. As always, we recommend that in lieu of an official announcement you take all this with a grain of salt.

Source - *www.engadget.com/2010/03/22/amd-six-core-cpu-prices-and-clock-speeds-unearthed/

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Phenom II X6 prices leaked

check this out - *www.techreport.com/discussions.x/18648

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8GHz BENCHMARKS

*img145.imageshack.us/img145/2087/126933995747.th.jpg

REST HERE:-

*www.amdzone.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=137523

Mod edit:
Uploading a thumbnail is very difficult, aye?

Last edited by a moderator:

mavihs

Techie By Heart
Intel P67 motherboard spotted at Computex 2010

ASRock P67 Extreme 3, based on LGA 1155

Our friends from bit-tech recently published a story from Computex 2010 indicating that at least one motherboard hardware manufacturer has produced a design based on Intel’s upcoming P67 mainstream chipset.

According to the report, that manufacturer is ASRock, and the name of the board is P67 Extreme 3. Intel’s P67 chipset will pair with the upcoming LGA 1155 desktop platform based on first-generation Sandy Bridge 32nm architecture. The company has been able to confirm that there is no USB 3.0 integration with this second-generation PCH chipset, however, but it did mention that two of the six native SATA II ports have been upgraded to SATA III 6Gbps.

The ASRock P67 Extreme 3 features three PCI-E 2.0 slots, with the top slot providing x16 bandwidth, the middle slot providing x8 bandwidth, and the bottom slot providing x4 bandwidth. By utilizing all three available slots, the board will be able to support Nvidia Tri-SLI and ATI Tri-CrossFireX (as well as Quad-SLI and Quad-CrossFireX with two dual-GPU solutions), although bandwidth may be severely limited for more high-performance enthusiast GPUs on the market.

As far as memory is concerned, the board features four slots with support for DDR3 2600MHz+ speeds in dual-channel mode. In other words, Sandy Bridge motherboard designs like the P67 Extreme 3 should significantly raise the bar for achievable overclocking limits of what is capable on a mainstream platform.

The board also features a 12 + 2 “advanced” power phase design, sporting ASRock DuraCap high-quality conductive polymer capacitors that offer 2.5x longer lifetime than conventional capacitors. It has also been noted that the upcoming P67 second-generation PCH requires no more cooling than the current P55 chipset, and bit-tech believes the “7” in P67 denotes support for native SATA 6Gbps and RAID.

While the successor to the P55 platform isn’t due to release until Q1 2011, we are appreciative of ASRock’s unveiling of an early prototype design based on Sandy Bridge and hope to uncover more details as Computex 2010 progresses over the next few days.

Source: *www.fudzilla.com/content/view/19014/37/

mavihs

Techie By Heart
Intel delays USB 3.0 chipset until 2012

Intel has this week angered PC vendors and manufacturers by deciding to delay the release of its USB 3.0 chipset to 2012. The chip giant has given no reason for the delay, but some are speculating that it may be in a bid to give its alternative high speed data transfer technology Light Peak a chance of grabbing market share.
The delay poses a problem for vendors who need standard in order to provide peripheral components such as case accessories that work with all boards. With that not in place from Intel, it is up to those vendors to react and even guess what is going to be the standard. TechEye believes manufacturers may even be banding together to create their own standard going forward.
For the moment, anyone wanting USB 3.0 will need to purchase a motherboard from manufacturers who have already integrated a chipset. They include Asus, Gigabyte, and Asrock.

Read more: *www.geek.com/articles/chips/intel-delays-usb-3-0-chipset-until-2012-2010063/#ixzz0pshaJjIc

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
AMD has released its 'Nile' Platform and laptops with it are now available for retail. Check my signature for more details

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Also check Toshiba Satellite® T235D-S1345 Laptops

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Sandy Bridges based i3 limited to 2 threads only. means 1 core = 1 thread, whereas current i3's have 2 thread per core. either Intel found some tech to increase the performance of the i3 with single thread or will have to price them at or below 100$ to make any sense.

Update: according to Sandy Bridges, Core i3 will have 2 threads per core. Fudzilla reported that SB based Core i3 will have 1 thread per 1 core. i feel Fudzilla's news is wrong. for time being, going as Anand written.

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
peek-a-boo at bobcat

*blogs.amd.com/fusion/2010/09/06/direct-from-berlin-and-ifa-2010-guten-tag-kleine-fusion/

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
Hey Guys check this out, Gigabyte's upcoming range of Mobo's:-
GIGABYTE 6 Series Motherboards (Sandy Bridge) Sneak Peak | Unbiased Computer Hardware Reviews - ThinkComputers.org

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Intel set to release socket 2011 cpu's in Q4 2011 as opposed to Q3 2011 earlier. See this and this.

Intel will also ship revised B3 boards of socket 1155 from next week. Check this.

ANKIT7540

Right off the assembly line
CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME THE SOCKET TYPE FOR MY PROCESSOR,,,

THE PROCESSOR IS - INTEL PENTIUM 4(2.66ghz), AND WHAT ARE THE GOOS PROCESSORS FOR THAT SOCKET WITH PRICES,, ????? HELP .....:lol:
;-) :!:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ good? Those price cuts sounds funny to me. Its a joke revealed by Intel by those 3-5% price cuts.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
hey guys !
i want to buy a motherboard and a graphic card for my pc .
AMD 5600 X2
2GB DDR2
i was using Asus m2n series of motherboard with nvidia chipset . but i got fried .
i dont want to spend too much . anything under 8k-9k would be best .
Thanks in advance.

This is the wrong thread and section for posting this. Post all related queries and sections here:
PC Components / Configurations - Digit Technology Discussion Forum

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
MSI board: 790GX chipset > 785G. MSI board is better overclocker. ASUS board supports CF in x4 mode :duh: :lol:, whereas the obviously better MSI board supports it in x8 mode. Also, ASUS is RMA'ed (after sales service) by Rashi Peripherals, which has given problems to many. MSI RMA is handled by Digilink, which is not excellent, but nowhere as bad as ASUS's Rashi. Now poof!

x4 mode is not much slower than the x8 mode, it should do fine.

Top Bottom