CPU/Chipset News

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I still remember the heated arguments in this forum where people suggested Haswell will be available after a month or two after international launch!!

Its better and wise for new buyers to get the new chips.

BombayBoy

Journeyman
1000-2000 difference with which model .. are you indicating i7 4770K comapred to i7 3770K ??

I am not indicating or suggesting the pricing, just telling what I got from Prime (asked him pricing as compared to Ivy Bridge)
There are a whole lot of articles/rumours/some pre orders out there.

Just shared so that people who are buying now and can wait will know about the availability.

I still remember the heated arguments in this forum where people suggested Haswell will be available after a month or two after international launch!!

Its better and wise for new buyers to get the new chips.

One small retailer and a few members also of the same opinion, availability after a month or two.
Yes. I agree with you. If the new chips ain't in their budget. They can go back to their configurations.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
here's a thread dedicated for haswell cpu discussion :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-motherboards/163571-intel-haswell-discussion-thread.html

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
ARM unveils Cortex-A12 and Mali-622 mid-range CPU and GPU

ARM has a problem – Cortex-A9 is old and the new Cortex-A15 cores just can't seem to make it to the market (the Exynos 5 Octa and Tegra 4 both have issues getting on shipping devices). The company just announced an interim solution, the Cortex-A12.

It offers a 40% performance increase over the A9 and should bring some power saving to the table too. It supports big.LITTLE configurations so it can be paired with Cortex-A7 to improve power efficiency even further (whether it will work or not is another matter, the A15/A7 pairing doesn’t do too well).

ARM's GPU line is in a similar spot – the new Mali-600 series really only shipped on the Google Nexus 10, most current chipsets rely either on a PowerVR GPU or an Adreno. So, here comes the Mali-622, a mid-range GPU to go with Cortex-A12.

It's an OpenGL ES 3.0, DirectX 11 and OpenCL 1.1 enabled GPU that promises 50% power-saving over the 604.

A new video core was also introduced, the Mali-V500 can encode 1080p video at 60fps and decode 4K at 120fps given enough cores.

Devices using the new generation mid-range chipsets using the Cortex-A12 and Mali-622 are expected in mid-2014.

ARM unveils Cortex-A12 and Mali-622 mid-range CPU and GPU - GSMArena.com news

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ great .. I'm smelling a 5 Ghz cpu down on the line ( base clock ) .. may be the next higher version of FX 9000 will sport with 5 Ghz base clock or it's the FX 9000 itself with 5 Ghz turbo ? but I'm more interesting to see what kind of cooler they provides to keep a 220W cpu cool and how much power such cpus are going to consume.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
^ some sort of water cooling maybe or hybrid system. But if they include water coolers then their packaging & transport cost will be a huge problem for AMD.

AMD APU architecture movie style

if you cant understand: 4 CPU cores supported by Radeon Cores

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
AMD has shipped cpus with WCs ( made by Asetek ) before so it's not going to be a big issue for them as these cpus might have a hefty price tag with some big packaging.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Haswell cpu (i5 4430) now available at SMC. Its 12.1k.

Intel Core i5-4430 Processor(6M Cache, up to 3.20 GHz)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
at 19.6K core i7 4770K is a much better deal IMO :
*smcinternational.in/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1574

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ could be but the most funny things is SMC still has not listed any socket 1150 mobo on their website.

Tachyon1986

In the zone
^^ could be but the most funny things is SMC still has not listed any socket 1150 mobo on their website.

Seems like SMC has them now

Search

TheITDepot had the MSI Z87-GD65 mobo as well

Buy Online MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING 64GB DDR3 Intel Motherboard in india

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
very nice .. in the upcoming days we will see more and more quality socket LGA 1150 mobos but I'm specially thinking about all those ROG products from Asus ;-)

Cilus

laborare est orare
AMD's flagship A10-6800K APU breaks 8.00GHz! - CCL Computers
verfication url: The Stilt`s CPU Frequency score: 8000 mhz with a A10-6800K

Top Bottom