Bloggers' Corner

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Just a few examples:

No space between the parenthesis?

Trying is with a capital T. No capitalisation for "And everyone". 17,June: there's no space between 17, and june.

Stuff like that. I see a lot of words capitalised for no reason at all. Missing periods here and there. Extra spacing between some paragraphs, no spacing among others.

Your profile itself is written with lots of such errors. And too much use of the word 'he'.

I love what you've done with the banner. Looks awesome.
yeah, my writing style suck big times, need to improve it.
any tips?
btw, corrected all the errors you have pointed out:)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Read. Read like it’s the end of the world. Read novels, newspapers, articles, comics… anything you prefer, just read.

And when you write, wherever you do, write like it’s an English examination and whatever you write is under scrutiny. For example, your post above should have been written like this:

“Yes, my writing skills are not up to the mark and I need to improve upon them. Do you have any tips you can share?

I’ve already corrected all the errors you pointed out, by the way.”

If you start reading and writing properly (with proper punctuation, grammar and spelling), you’ll be writing like a pro within six months from now. You might want to read this post (from me) if you’re interesting in honing your writing skills. :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
yeah, my writing style suck big times, need to improve it.
any tips?
btw, corrected all the errors you have pointed out:)
teh best way is teh l337 sp3ak :D

Yeah try to listen to few english songs, they will be an inspiration for creating cool post headings and some one liners.

Watch movies, especial content rich. Use subtitles where necessary.

Read if you feel like, though i dont read anything apart from few blog posts and reviews.Hate the news paper, mags and all other kinda gimmicks .

When u write , do not repeat a word or phrase too often. change the narration style within lines, you don't want your readers to be a one goer, add twist, ask questions, answer then by your point of view and don't impose your choices.

last but not least be intriguing, at least girls like that :D Write less (nobody wants to read an essay, of course unless he is paid for that or a fanboy/critic) but with quality and make your post encompass the whole world, include every topic that entices you and you think your readers must know and appreciate.

Proofread everything you posted.

Lastly never expect something, be happy.

Few things about UI, make it blended, your logo stands out of the current theme. Visit some other blogs ans sites to know what is the current trend of UI, amend ur CSS as required.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Welcome to the blogosphere Gary :) btw arya already linked the post I was going to.

Sorry my post should have been written like this:

Hey Gary, hearty congratulations on your blog. Welcome to the Blogosphere. I was going to link you to a post by Aayush on his blog, but I see that he has already done so.

:D

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
You might want to read this post (from me) if you’re interesting in honing your writing skills. :)

Speaking of that link, I can see a comment by me at the end in the comments section, trying to add a couple more pointers to improve one's English. Only thing is that there is an enormous grammatical mistake by me in that comment. :D I wonder, if Aayush you can edit the post to rectify it. It makes me look like a rather large dumbass. :oops:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Great Article arya, I agree on points you spoke about but i don't think we need Mac OS X to be proficient with English.

It was geared towards publicity of Mac. But i can ignore that point, since other points overpower it:)

Thanks You All, Digit Bloggers!

I just re did the theme, and chose a theme that covers the entire screen instead of one which leaves borders.

This one looks neat, organised and has an asthetic feel about it.

But its black

so please tell me how it feels.

praka123

left this forum longback
^you should use your verbal skills to attract "window$ dead" ppl to make them alive by showing Linux and FLOSS :)

^you should use your verbal skills to attract "window$ dead" ppl to make them alive by showing Linux and FLOSS :)
I prefer a more enthusiast oriented Linux aritcle format for advanced distros. I shall do what you say if I find time to (finish) write(ing) my review on Linux Mint 5 Elyssa, which is designed to actually compete with that doors thingy. What I am currently writing is for fellow advanced linux users and intermediate users only, and they need no paragraphs about doors thingy to find the post attractive.

and why no comments there from you of all people ?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Great Article arya
Thank you! :)

I agree on points you spoke about but i don't think we need Mac OS X to be proficient with English.
No, you absolutely do not, and I never suggested that either. However, Mac OS X does have some really neat built-in tools and applications geared towards the language conscious, so I thought I should point that out (because most of my blog’s readers happen to be Mac users).

It was geared towards publicity of Mac.
Absolutely not. If it was, I would’ve had no qualms in specifically stating that fact. I genuinely feel that Mac OS X has vastly improved my writing skills (specially with the on-call Dictionary (one keyboard shortcut can show you the meaning of any word in any application), systemwide spellcheck and Thesaurus widget), so it deserved a mention there.

Anyway, I’m glad you liked it.

Speaking of that link, I can see a comment by me at the end in the comments section, trying to add a couple more pointers to improve one's English. Only thing is that there is an enormous grammatical mistake by me in that comment. :D I wonder, if Aayush you can edit the post to rectify it. It makes me look like a rather large dumbass. :oops:
LOL! I proofread that article five times to ensure that I hadn’t missed anything. You don’t want to make mistakes in an article where you’re asking people to correct theirs.

I’ll fix your mess. :p

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I’ll fix your mess. :p

Thank you for saving me from further embarrassment. I did reread that thing a few times but somehow I missed that portion. It is easy to miss out on small errors while typing from a mobile phone. I'll be more careful next time. :)

narangz

Web developer
Six Premium Antivirus Software for Free
Describes legit way to get extended trial license for Kaspersky Internet Security 2009, Avira Antivir, Normal Virus Control, CA Antivirus, eScan and F-Secure. Also compares the performances of these AV softwares.

I got just 1 month Avira Premium license :(

Indyan

Here Since 2003
6+1 Totally Useless Products
They say “necessity is the mother of all invention”. I am not sure though what led people to create the following products. Not only are they totally useless they are almost always weird and funny and sometimes even dangerous.
  • Sree Yantra
  • Automated Ice Cream Cone
  • Earthbound Dog Tag
  • Duster Cat Slippers
  • Reserve A Spot In Heaven/Hell
  • Japanese Face Slimmer
  • Back Scratcher’s T-Shirt

Neuview Media Player - Breathtaking Quality
The Media Player market is already very crowded with competent free softwares like WMP,iTunes,The KMPlayer, The GOM Player and so on. Amongst this crows premium products like NeuView stand out. So, does it have enough in it to justify it’s price tag? Let’s find out.
*img3.glowfoto.com/images/2008/06/15-1420191560T.jpg
With VLC
*img5.glowfoto.com/images/2008/06/15-1423083269T.jpg
With NeuView

Last edited:

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Enable Explorer Thumbnails for Custom File Types

By default Windows Explorer recognizes and generates thumbnails for a few pre-defined formats. It doesn’t generate thumbnails for many common file formats - which includes FLV, RM, RMVB, MOV, MP4, MKV. Luckily, there is a very simple fix for this. Follow these steps -
Open Note pad and paste the following text :
REGEDIT4
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.EXT\ShellEx\{BB2E617C-0920-11d1-9A0B-00C04FC2D6C1}]
@=”{c5a40261-cd64-4ccf-84cb-c394da41d590}”
Replace .EXT with the desired extension (e.g. flv).
If you want to enable thumbnails for multiple file types you can do so by adding the appropriate registry entries as demonstrated below :
REGEDIT4
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.flv\ShellEx\{BB2E617C-0920-11d1-9A0B-00C04FC2D6C1}]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mov\ShellEx\{BB2E617C-0920-11d1-9A0B-00C04FC2D6C1}]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mp4\ShellEx\{BB2E617C-0920-11d1-9A0B-00C04FC2D6C1}]
This file would enable thumbnails for flv, mov and mp4.
Save the file with extension .reg (make sure save as type is “All Files” and not “Text Documents”).

New

Padawan
How to place your desired drives in the Save As option
*ganeshpbhat.blogspot.com/2008/06/how-to-place-your-desired-drives-in.html

Tips to buy an assembled PC
*ganeshpbhat.blogspot.com/2008/06/buying-guide-new-assembled-pc.html

Top Bottom