Bloggers' Corner

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Monsoon Computing

A few basic tips to make sure the gadgets & computers are not adversely affected due to the monsoon.

Indyan

Here Since 2003
NetDocs- Story of a Missed Oppertunity​

The WallStreet Journal has published a fabulous article on the dynamics between Bill Gates. It reveals how a clash between Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer laid the foundation for the current transition of power. But for me the most interesting aspect of the article was the revelation that Microsoft had come up with the idea of Web based alternative to Microsoft Word as far back as 2001 - that’s four years before the launch of Writely. Google later took over Writely (in 2006) and relaunched it as Google Docs. So, if Microsoft had gone through with their plans then they would have been ahead of their competition by quite a margin and possibly be market leaders today even in online Office Solutions...........

Also
5 Alternate Ways to Browse Flickr
With it’s rich and diverse set of photographs from all over the world Flickr in itself is a fascinating service. Now add a captivating interface for browsing the spellbinding images hosted to flickr and you get a truely enchanting service. Here are some alternate interfaces which make Flickr more enjoyable.

Featured services are : CoverFlow, FlickrVision, retrievr, Color Pickr and Tag Galaxy.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^^ Are you some kind of freaking genius?
Jaane do bhai mazzak kyon karte ho :D

Anywayz, if you are really serious, thanks for your compliment :)

Heres a new post:

Turn off spell check by default in Firefox for form fields

Will AJAX form submissions help to combat spam?

Last edited:

blackpearl

The Devil
Display fireworks effect on your website using Javascript

Celebrations are often accompanied by fireworks. Whether it's New Year's eve or World Cup final or something personal like a wedding or birthday. Why should then, your website not have any? Before you continue this article, I want you to first have a glimpse of the effect in this demo.

:)

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Tiny Utilities : Small is Good

This is a series I am doing on my blog. In each part I take a look at 3 tiny but useful freewares (smaller than 1.5 MB). This time I have covered QT Addressbar (gives you vista like addressbar with breadcrumbs navigation), My Lockbox (folder locking software), SUMo and FileHippo Update Checker (both check if your software installations are out of date).​

DigitDonz

Broken In
Here's Mine...

This Post is related to how to make an animated favicon for your website.....

And the Link is *hackingdonz.blogspot.com/2008/06/hack-new-googles-favicon-with-new-one.html

Run Windows Server 2008 free for 240 days

Last edited:

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Six Premium Antivirus Software for Free
Describes legit way to get extended trial license for Kaspersky Internet Security 2009, Avira Antivir, Normal Virus Control, CA Antivirus, eScan and F-Secure. Also compares the performances of these AV softwares.

New

Padawan
Power Saving Tips for your PC
*ganeshpbhat.blogspot.com/2008/06/must-readhow-to-save-power.html

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Whoa nice posts there!
By looking at you guys i also started blogging a week back.
need to decide on theme,logo and lots of admin work needs to be done
Till now i am experimenting with content, most of the posts are junk.

If you guys have time, have a look
Top 8: Online Photo Printing Sites in INDIA

Feedback(mostly would be negative, i know) is welcome

Last edited:
Tutorial: Configuring a standard BSNL modem to allow DHCP Protocol for Direct Internet Access

Debian: The Sidux Install

Debian: Updating Sidux - Kick My Ass if I ever choose tw.debian.org again

Tutorial: How To Have Categories in Blogger

goobimama

 Macboy
Whoa nice posts there!
By looking at you guys i also started blogging a week back.
need to decide on theme,logo and lots of admin work needs to be done
Till now i am experimenting with content, most of the posts are junk.

If you guys have time, have a look
Top 8: Online Photo Printing Sites in INDIA

Feedback(mostly would be negative, i know) is welcome
Nice blog you got there :). My only complaint is your formatting, while not entirely wrong, isn't right either. Otherwise its good :)

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Nice blog you got there :). My only complaint is your formatting, while not entirely wrong, isn't right either. Otherwise its good :)
Can you Please say what wrong with formatting, so can i can correct it.
and what you think of the site layout & theme?

Thanks for your feedback, appreciated :)

goobimama

 Macboy
Just a few examples:
Here are a many sites(there are many but i am giving the major ones in INDIAN context):
No space between the parenthesis?

Firefox is now Trying to make a Guinness World Record for most number of downloads on release date 17,June. and everyone is invited to be a part of it. PLEDGE NOW!!
Trying is with a capital T. No capitalisation for "And everyone". 17,June: there's no space between 17, and june.

Stuff like that. I see a lot of words capitalised for no reason at all. Missing periods here and there. Extra spacing between some paragraphs, no spacing among others.

Your profile itself is written with lots of such errors. And too much use of the word 'he'.

I love what you've done with the banner. Looks awesome.

Top Bottom