My recent attempts

Gmail Labs: New features for your Gmail / Google Apps account

Blogger Backup utility: Create offline backup copy of your Blogspot-hosted blog

Write and edit any PDF files for free

Rule 49-O: Vote for NO ONE!! (India)

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Firefox and Opera Downloaded more than 5 Million Times

Firefox and Opera have both managed to clock five million downloads since release. Firefox achieved this in less than a day compared to five days taken by Opera. But, even then its a major achievement for Opera which has about 1/10th Firefox’s marketshare. In fact number of Opera users have doubled since release of v9. According to internal estimates Opera browser is being used by 20 million people on the desktop. Add this to 12 million Opera mini users and a significant number of users using it on high end mobile handsets (Opera Mobile), NintendoDS, Nintendo Wii etc and it would mean total number of Opera users is actually a lot more than you would expect.

But today is Firefox’s day and lets get back to firefox. Firefox v3 has already been downloaded more than 8 million times and the download counter is still ticking at an unbelievable rate. Earlier today Microsoft sent the Firefox team a cake (with prominent IE logo) congratulating them on the successful launch. Of course this is nothing new. Microsoft had sent over a similar when when Firefox v2 was launched. And more infamously had dropped a huge IE logo in Netscape’s lawn after Internet Explorer v4 was released (but this is definitely a lot friendlier). Here’s the cake Internet Explorer Team sent to Firefox :

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3077/2588746706_e393a221d9.jpg

My latest theme and set of updates:

*thesmallerbang.blogspot.com/

Please comment on the theme and on the top most post :D

The design is very simplistic and easy on the eyes. But looks very much like a website from 1998. It's web 1.0ish.

Last edited:
Yeah, but mostly people share personal details by being anonymous
This does not show any personal details like location, place of work, etc. Its just a something about how I did such and such a thing and how I handle it.

I think I will post it anyway, since so far its comming out rather fine.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
yeah blog were actually meant to be a personal diary kinda thing but then people exploited them as a source of $$ and other things

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Must have Application for Windows mobile phones like HTC touch

If you own a HTC touch or any other windows mobile phone it is for you:)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
I need some advice from experienced bloggers here:

Is it OK to write something quite personal (but still sharable) in a blog ?
Dude the blog is meant to be personal, depending on what you are focussing on. My blog is everything me, I have shared quite a lot things about my Life's Happenings. It depends on what you are focussing on. If it's a generic blog then why not.

slugger

Banned
MozBackup : Create backup of your Mozilla-based software [Firefox, Thunderbird, Flock

MozBackup : Create backup of your Mozilla-based software [Firefox, Thunderbird, Flock etc]

MozBackup is a useful Windows-based freeware tool that can be used for backing up the settings and add-ons installed in Firefox, Thunderbird, Flock etc with just a few mouse clicks. It currently supports backing up of Firefox, Thunderbird, Sunbird, Flock, SeaMonkey, Mozilla suite, Spicebird and Netscape settings and profiles.
Read the full post....

yeah blog were actually meant to be a personal diary kinda thing but then people exploited them as a source of $$ and other things

Dude the blog is meant to be personal, depending on what you are focussing on. My blog is everything me, I have shared quite a lot things about my Life's Happenings. It depends on what you are focussing on. If it's a generic blog then why not.
Thanks for the support guys. :D

Here is the thing I was talking about:

*thesmallerbang.blogspot.com/2008/06/swordsman-who-fights-with-paper-sword.html

Its about how I lived with the PC I have.:|

narangz

Web developer
Browser Shootout:
With the release of Opera 9.5 & Firefox 3 in the past few days, the browser war has once again begun. Apple released Safari 3.1 for Windows with big claims which started ‘who’s the fastest’ war & now all three claiming to be the fastest browser.

I am going to test Internet Explorer 7 (as Internet Explorer 8 is in beta stage), Firefox 3, Opera 9.5 and Safari 3.1.

What I’ve used in the test:
Operating System- Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 x64
Processor-AMD Turion X2 64bit 1.70 GHz
Memory (RAM)- 1.50 GB
Internet connection-128 Kbps broadband
Stop Watch- Casio (Digital)

Digg it

*techiesrealm.com/blog/2008/06/browsers-shootout/

Why Vista's memory management is better than XP:

We all have heard a lot about Windows Vista being a resource hog & it using almost every single bit of RAM installed in our system. The task manager ‘proves’ this by showing very less Free RAM. Most of the people panic when they have a look at current system resources.

Don’t worry! This is how Windows Vista works & it’s better than Windows XP. To understand how it is better, I’ve written the internal working in simple language which, even a newbie can understand.

*techiesrealm.com/blog/2008/06/vista-memory-managemet-system/

Last edited:

karmanya

Journeyman
Hey guys, I was wondering, all of you on blogger how do you make your blogs look so good? The themes- are they taken from somewhere or do you make them from scratch? and when you post, do you post directly into the blogger space or format it through somewhere first? and lastly how do I make my own themes?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^take a free theme from author's site then customize it to your will

almost all blog applications provide a web interface for formatting and publishing posts.

Though you can make your custom theme too, but making whole thing from scratch is a PITA

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Tiny Utilities : Small is Good - VI

Time for another edition of Tiny Utilities : Small is Good. In each edition I review 3 tiny but extremely useful freeware.

In this edition -

XNeat Windows Manager : Allows you to re-arrange the taskbar buttons, pin a window, send any taskbar button to the system tray, make any window transparent and more.

Startup Delayer : Startup Delayer attempts to prevent the customary slowdown experienced immediately after login into your account. When Windows loads its startup files, it attempts to load every application at the same time. This creates a resource crunch and make your system lag. With Startup Delayer you can fix this.

Xentient Thumbnails : Instead of displaying generic icons display content of the image file as the icon.

My new Blog: ClearPixels :)
super duper ultra dude :D
Keep up the good work ;)

BTW Guys, I am shifting my blog to wordpress.com
Reasons quite obvious - I need better looks and I need pages.

Shift Will be complete in a few more hours.

Address still *thesmallerbang.wordpress.com
Instead of *thesmallerbang.blogspot.com

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ Dude! Why not your own domain? It doesn't cost anything these days. Also, I'm not sure how much you can customise themes on WP.com. Also, there will be plugin restrictions (I might be wrong in this though).

Still, get your own domain...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
you can't save css changes for any theme in free wordpress hosted blog, that sucks

Top Bottom