Bloggers' Corner

goobimama

 Macboy
My latest Splog post. In case someone has some free time on their hands... :)
The obvious difference between Mac and Windows applications.
It is common knowledge that Apple pays close attention to design of their hardware as well as software. Mac OS X Leopard is by far a better designed OS than Vista ever will be. Apple’s iLife suite has no competition and the Mac desktops and laptops are the best designed in the world. And don’t mistake design to be ‘eye candy’.......

......Let’s take a look at some of the best apps in Windows and their mac counterparts. You be the judge (while I go on ranting). Mind you, I have not scourged the net finding the ugliest Windows apps and placed them against the pretty mac ones. I have googled my best to find the ‘best windows apps’ and compared them to what I feel are the best mac equivalents. Also, be sure to visit the respective websites. Mac app developers websites are 10 times cooler than their ugly cousins!......

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
That's the difference between a Windows & Mac user.

Windows user has so many things to blog about, life, bike, movie, computer, family, technology, girls.....

Mac user has Mac to blog about.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Goobi, you should have taken some screen shot of those Windows Application in customized state., Wanna see how uTorrent looks here?

*i26.tinypic.com/25itevt.jpg

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
goobimama's blog has an unmoderated comments feature. Just post your reply there if you have one. This thread is just to draw your attention to blog posts, not hear your nonsense about it.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
User Based Charity Initiatives By Microsoft

3 User Based Charity Initiatives by MS:
  1. The i'm Initiative
  2. The Smith Family Office Charity
  3. Carbon Reduction Reminder Service
GO through it, at the end there is another website which you guys might be interested, it is NOT affiliated to MS, choose the corerct meaning of the word, for every correct answer you donate 20 grains of rice.

5 n00b Softwares To Make You Look Pro
  1. Create personalized Windows installation disks.
  2. Improving your digital camera images & arrange your picture library.
  3. Re-size images within a few clicks for transferring and or uploading to sites like Facebook & Orkut.
  4. Take sexy screen shots.
  5. Organize your mp3s by quickly adding id3 tags & embedding Album Art in them.
[...] Continue Reading…

Last edited:

hullap

Cyborg Agent
Small part(thnx goobi :razz:)
www.hullap.com said:
Customization
In Urban Terror there are many ways to customize the look of your player
By /funred {item name} and /funblue {item name} respectively acording to your team
A full List of possible items is given here
And its even possible to wear 2 or 3 things together
like /funred(blue) item1,item2,item3
Urban Terror

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ Wouldn't it be nice if you could post an excerpt of what your post is about? Urban terror doesn't mean a lot by itself.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Speed Racer DS Surprisingly Lacking The Suck
Every so often, I entertain the thought of giving a licensed game a crazy whirl, preferably based on some popularly, hyped motion picture. The most common perception being that a game specifically made to use a movie brand as a backdrop will most likely reek of fungus bread drenched in spoiled-egg stew, and that the accompanying vice-versa (movie based on a game franchise) will also hold true. Which is what’s so weird about Speed Racer for the Nintendo DS; despite being tailored in mind for people interested in the current-running, heavily-stylized reinterpretation of the Japanese-animated show from the late 60s, the DS version doesn’t borrow many assets from it – especially when compared to its console-counterparts. There’s virtually no story-line to speak of, and signature facets such as the Mach 5’s many whacky gadgets are nowhere to be found (Well, except for the one that makes the car jump – but every car in this game has that!). Even more bewildering, is that it’s a capable, if somewhat derivative, arcade-racer to boot.

Fox Studios Turn Payne Killer
There just isn’t room for creativity in this world these days - at least not if you are a multi-billion dollar Jabba the Hutt like Fox Studios. With Fox’s own Max Payne movie just around the corner, starring Mark Wahlberg as the classy “nothing to lose” anti-hero cop who’s lost it all, the movie studio has decided to eliminate the competition in a move that would make Vladimir Lem real proud.

And who’s the competition, you ask? Why, it’s none other than Payne & Redemption, a non-profit fan film that got over a million fans foaming at the mouth and the stamp of approval from Max Payne’s creator, Sam Lake, himself. A movie that’s been over three years in the making and has burned a hole deep in the pockets of the producer, Luke Morgan-Rowe and the director Fergle Gibson, Payne & Redemption fell foul last month, just after the team released a spanking new trailer, with their MySpace page getting suddenly pulled down citing copyright infringement concerns.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Control What Starts When You Boot Into Windows

System Admin utility from Microsoft let's you control what process initializes when, the processes are categorized for better control.
Being Manan said:
You can do this by using the AutoRuns utility by Microsoft. This utility will allow you to view process categorized under:

Logon
IE
Sidebar (incase youare using Vista)
Print Monitors
Explorer
Scheduled Tasks
Drivers and many more
[...] Continue Reading…

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gee how come I've not noticed that little setting ! pardon me for that.
I was aout to start a thread regarding to this but I've discovered that setting today :D
Opened my blog for anonymous public commenting :D
*topgeartopspeed.wordpress.com/

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
FOSS Supporters Are Hypocrites

No excerpt needed, but please read the full post & the PS too.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
The Happiest Days of Our Lives

My monologue about my last two years at SBI .. Recalling some funny and some not so funny moments ..

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Six Beat-'em ups for 2008 and beyond

For me, fighting games continue to be a part of my everyday fundamental, button-mashing diet. It only seems like yesterday when I was able to execute my first Hadoken in Street Fighter II. The first time I managed a Fatality off Mortal Kombat’s Johnny Cage, ripping his pretty little head off in supreme satisfaction. The first time experiencing Kasumi’s bouncy-breasty radiance in her Rabbit swimsuit from Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball… Oh wait, that last one didn’t have any fighting it in, did it? Ok, more or less, it still had the bouncy-breasty radiance that DOA games are still known for. Upon further reflecting on perpetual conundrums, even cruddy fighting games still had a memorable gimmick or two, like how Primal Fury was essentially Mortal Kombat but with prehistoric animals. Or how Kakuto Chojin so hilariously ripped off Fight Club’s plot. Ah, how one mingles in the memories of the inconsequential!

Getting back to the point, there are still game companies which have stayed long with the fighting genre and continue to support it, despite knowing that the days of coin-op arcades have long passed (Japan notwithstanding). Newer entries continue to be pumped – and thanks to the advent of better net infrastructure, more and more franchises are taking the leap to online matchmaking. No longer content to just playing your homies from the hood or the local game cafe, you’ll now be given the opportunity to fool around with players from all sorts of regions. You haven’t played a real game of Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves until some random 15-year-old Asian munchkin promptly hands over your carcass in less than a minute.

Thusly, I solemnly declare that a brief rundown on potential, forthcoming Beat em’ Ups shall be in effective order. Heaven or Hell, let’s fight!

Continue reading

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
The IPL is over now, some articles on the same. Those who like to revisit those winning moments,speciallly for RR fans here. :D

First Semifinal : Royals did it again

Second Semifinal : Chennai whitewashes Punjab,enters IPL's final

Grand Final : Rajasthan Royals grab the Inaugural IPL

Top Bottom