AMD Bulldozer News and Discussion

OP
Cilus

Cilus

laborare est orare
MSI and Asus have made announcement of the Am3+ CPU support in their all AM3 boards and already have released BIOS for it. That is the reason I've purchased 890GXM-G65 in the 1st place. With the version 1.A0, it is already ready for Bulldozer.:smile:
But other companies like ECS, Gigabyte, Asrock have not confirmed it yet and only some of the selected models from them are currently officially announced for AM33+ CPU support. That is the reason I've suggested the GIGABYTE GA-880GA-UD3H mobo in the PC Buying guide as it it officially announced to support AM3+

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
^^ hey cilus i have question for regarding the am3+ socket(am3b socket as we call it),
mobo companies are saying that older mobos like 8xx chipset are supported but they are 941 pins and amd bd are 942 pins..... 1-pin more so do we have to cut that pin form the processor or what?
Or the companies are misleading with info.,,,they are saying about the old chipset with new socket. and ppl are confusing them with old chipset with old am3 socket.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^
discussing amd vs sb-e is one thing and thrashing amd is other,intels gonna kick amd's ass...this that,is more like fighting
and that too on the processors that havent been released or their true potential known.
if intel is reasonable it is surely gonna win....im seeing trend for the last 4~5 years,it hasnt been reasonable as compared to other countries.
they have their R&D setup,get their designs cleared here still they sell costly products in India.
competitive pricing is one thing and monopoly is other.
im not taking side of any other company,but wrong business practice is wrong.

I totally agree with comp@ddict here. We actually didn't do any comparison cause non of the aforementioned products are launched. Besides speculating on an upcoming product's performance is not wrong.

And nobody said intel will thrash amd or any such comments. Check thoroughly and post properly instead of cooked up things that you think someone actually said so.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
^^
u read the whole thread first throughly...i'm following this thread since start...i havent seen any post regarding intel...but from last few weeks this thread is only inclined towards the intel side that pisses me off...if want to discuss then do for the amd side only on this thread not intel. make new thread for intel sandy -e.
i finished it earlier and stopped it but u any way want to dig up skeletons from the grave..
and u always like to increase your posts by fighting off with anybody.
thats good thing to do but at some point of time it gets childish.
"Peace Bro" ;-)

Last edited:

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Eight core Bulldozer overclocked to 4.63GHz

found this

and sandy-e is ivybridge , i.e 2011 is the die shrink of 1155.

new architectures are rockwell and haswell ( is told to be coming march 2013)

OP
Cilus

Cilus

laborare est orare
Probably AM3+ CPUs will be designed in such a way that the extra 2 pins won't interfere with the current AM3 sockets, having 938 pin. As a result issue might be the use of the sideband temperature sensor interface for reading the temperature from the CPU. Also, certain power-saving features may not work, due to lack of support for rapid VCore switching.
Another probability is there will be several versions of Bulldozer with different type of sockets.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
hey Cilus u mean that we are gonna get BD in two versions one with 942 for am3+ and other for am3 only...then this will be cool thing thing for old chipset users,double the power in same package thing then
BTW as for the end user(read naive) temp sensor,power saver thing doesnt matter much they just need general computing with more efficiency.
till now no exact date is confirmed its just q3 of this year,amd wanted to revise the version of proccys because there was some problem with its performance.
the prices are though confirmed from low end($190) to high end($320).

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
That was the original plan, but it looks like BD will come for AM3+ only, and with AMD in a hurry to Phase out their 45nm processors and AM3 socket, I think BD will be AM3+ exclusive.

Plus, it's delayed. If it doesn't perform, AMD will have to hide behind another few years of"budget" priced CPUs.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
^^ AMD hasnt shine in performance since the athlon64 days
bulldozer is the only chance they have got so they are extra carefull with it...so thats why the delay.
it has also slipped the market share somewhat compared to 2009. In 2010 it was just above 10% of the world. so thats why they dont want to leave any stone unturned.they are trying to make it first time right for bulldozer
lets see how it performs...tired of waiting and bluffed benchmarks of bulldozer!!!!!!!

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^
u read the whole thread first throughly...i'm following this thread since start...i havent seen any post regarding intel...but from last few weeks this thread is only inclined towards the intel side that pisses me off...if want to discuss then do for the amd side only on this thread not intel. make new thread for intel sandy -e.
i finished it earlier and stopped it but u any way want to dig up skeletons from the grave..
and u always like to increase your posts by fighting off with anybody.
thats good thing to do but at some point of time it gets childish.
"Peace Bro" ;-)

Could you please point me when did i fight in this thread and really dug up any skeletons? Does it really matter if it pi$$es you or not?

The discussions will go on and intel will come to the picture if needed for comparison irrespective of your personal desires.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
*mod edit for personal attack*

@ICO oh just wrote it the wrong way,read about the Q1 of 2011 posted as 2010
heres the link for that article:
Intel takes CPU market share from AMD in Q1 • The Register

Last edited by a moderator:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
5.1 Ghz on air for an ES sample looks good but that's not a stock cooler for sure - now coming to the real question - can we manage to get 5.5 on Air and 6 Ghz with H2O cooling with the final product ;-)

comp@ddict

ES and 5.1GHz, finally, things are looking up.

Hoping to see final retail chips hit 5.4GHz ish on stock cooler(we can dream right? :D )

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
More important question is: are we going to see the first retail CPU clocked over 4 GHz?

comp@ddict

are we going to see the first retail CPU clocked over 4 GHz?

Well, the first line of CPUs will have the highest clocked part at 3.8GHz base, 4 modules, 8 cores, and a TURBO of 4.2GHz.

So 4GHz stock is pretty much 1 quarter away after launch.

Top Bottom