AMD Bulldozer News and Discussion

Cilus

laborare est orare
Well MSI has shown the AMD's latest Scorpius platform or 9XX series chipset for the upcoming AM3+ CPUs.
Check here
For detail information regarding the upcoming motherboards, check here

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Nice piece of info. cilus. So they will support upcoming bulldozer and llano cores?

Piyush

Lanaya
i wish they launch something like:
"change ur old AM3 mobo and cpu and get x% discount on AM3+ stuff"

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
So 9xx and Zambezi is going to compete with x78 and LGA 2011.

This is just great for us that the AM3+ mobos will be backward compatible with AM3 cpus.

@ cilus - thanks for sharing the news.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^Zambezi will compete not only with socket 2011 but also 1155 sandybridge processors. Some more powerful 1155 cpu's are also due for launch and might show up in more than 4 cores avatar.

Zambezi has to be really good because it has two tough competitions to beat.

Early previews show 8 cores zambezi to be some 50% powerful than i7 950.
Source - This and This

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
Any news on the motherboard specification for am3+ because a lot has been talked about the zambezi processors but no critical detail about the motherboards such as
1.will it support pci-e 3.0(in the future,they are still supporting 2.0 duh)
2.will it have a usb 3.0 native support
3.overclocking potential
4.form factor
5.i hope the mobo/proccy combination doesnt cost a bomb.(price point)

as when intel was about to launch sb they had all the configs ready 3~4 months back.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
One thing is certain this time around though. Am3+ boards + bulldozer cpu's won't be competing for value and definitely won't be cheap. They will fight with intel right through the top end.

Zambezi processors are going to be expensive.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
If this time amd is able to bring the price point to current ph ii x6 top end level(12~15K) then the zambezi will be killer processor this year.
i'll get one right away if the price is right.
lets see at what price point mobos for am3+ are launched...a long wait(>3months).

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Thats highly unlikely dude. Zambezi will be much more expensive than current x6. Maybe more than 20k for the slowest processor and top end will exceed 30k or maybe more.

Amd themselves had said that this time around they will eye the top end market and wont play the value game anymore.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
^^^ lets see dude amd has till now not mentioned the price point of zambezi lineup..they are first launching desktop processors in Q2 so lets hope for the best!
previously u mentioned they are competing against lga 2011 & lga 1155. so they will keep that in mind when selecting the price range.
then too if they are able keep below 18k price range wats the problem have fun.
still its too early to speculate.

blademast3r

In the zone
Cool.. good thing about amd is that buyers can be sure that these mobos will support proccys for atleast another 3 yrs! unlike intel who believe in changing the processor sockets for breakfast lunch and dinner!

Top Bottom