All Metalheads here

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Slayer always have silly solos. But the riffing is great.

Listen to Spirit In Black. It has a decent solo.

Look what I bought.

*i.imgur.com/xfQWDUz.jpg

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
I just don't get metal/heavy rock. I listened to stairway to heaven and found it to be a nice song. However, how can it be compared to say a Yanni piece like One Man's dream or Indian classic melodies like Pehla Nasha/Tujhe Dekha . Yanni's songs i feel border on the spiritual.

heidi2521

Padawan
Nobody is comparing them. They are different kinds of music, with different demographics. You wouldn't compare this

and

for example. Both of them are good in their own ways. It is completely fine for you to not understand how awesome metal is. Not everyone enjoys everything.

Unless you just want to shitpost and say that Metal is not as good as Yanni or Indian classic melodies, in which case please [REDACTED].

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Im more curious as to why this genre is so popular. Can anyone recommend any good metal songs? I need to listen some more before drawing a conclusion. I dint care abt Rap at first, but then my opinion changed after listening to Eminem and then i heard one of the best rap songs of all time - Happy Birthday. I couldn't believe a rap song could make me cry.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
Im more curious as to why this genre is so popular. Can anyone recommend any good metal songs? I need to listen some more before drawing a conclusion. I dint care abt Rap at first, but then my opinion changed after listening to Eminem and then i heard one of the best rap songs of all time - Happy Birthday. I couldn't believe a rap song could make me cry.

Not so popular I guess. Anyway, the general perception of Metal is noise and shout. If I started with, say, Amon Amarth few years ago, I would have stayed away from metal, so stay away from those for now! I started out with Metallica and Iron Maiden. Even if you are not into metal, you will appreciate their Music and will most probably love them. So I will recommend the same to you. Add Black Sabbath to that as well. These bands have tons of awesome songs not hard to dig for. If you realize you have a taste for it, you will eventually delve into other parts of Metal.

Liking or not liking any genre is just a thing of taste. So, you need not force yourself. (However, I must admit most of hate towards metal is due to the closed minded mentality blinded by the **** some part of the music industry is producing).

-------------------

Ronnie James Dio vs. Rob Halford - Greatest Metal Frontman, Final Round

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
I just don't get metal/heavy rock. I listened to stairway to heaven and found it to be a nice song. However, how can it be compared to say a Yanni piece like One Man's dream or Indian classic melodies like Pehla Nasha/Tujhe Dekha . Yanni's songs i feel border on the spiritual.

no offence, but you need to get out of this thread asap..

i completely understand your different taste for music, but saying Pehla Nasha/Tujhe Dekha as classic melodies is A-grade crap. go listen to some indian classicals. whatever part of india you come from, you will have some classical music in your culture. listen to them. learn to praise them.

even metal greats like James Hetfield and Bruce Dickinson were trained in classical music before they moved onto metal.

if you cant praise classical music, then these are not suitable for you brother.

Peace.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Slayer always have silly solos. But the riffing is great.

Listen to Spirit In Black. It has a decent solo.

Look what I bought.

*i.imgur.com/xfQWDUz.jpg

wow congrats..what genre is it?

you are slowly transforming in to a metal head:p.Start with some classic rock.Led zep is a great band to start with.Since you like stairway to heaven you may like to check their other songs like...

Immigrant song

Kashmir(sounds like a metal song)

Ten years gone

Friends

Black dog

Babe Im gonna leave you

Dazed and Confused:p

Achilles last stand

I also listened to eminem when i started.You may also try
Some rap infused rock/Alternative:

Rage Against The Machine
Limpbizkit
Korn
Linkinpark.

After listening land on Metallica/Megadeth.

Cheers..

no offence, but you need to get out of this thread asap..

i completely understand your different taste for music, but saying Pehla Nasha/Tujhe Dekha as classic melodies is A-grade crap. go listen to some indian classicals. whatever part of india you come from, you will have some classical music in your culture. listen to them. learn to praise them.

even metal greats like James Hetfield and Bruce Dickinson were trained in classical music before they moved onto metal.

if you cant praise classical music, then these are not suitable for you brother.

Peace.

I understand your concern,but if you were in his shoes,you could have possibly asked the same naive questions:)

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Listen to this, its a band from Delhi.

[YOUTUBE]z-UJoY5WP5s[/YOUTUBE]

wow congrats..what genre is it?

Progressive metal/Djent. It features guest appearances by Marty Friedman and Anup Sastry on drums. I had seen them live when they opened for Lamb Of God in Bangalore. Apparently they are one of Chris Adler's favorite bands.

Actually its not very popular, decent but not as much as mass market music like bollywood. But those who love metal will bleed for it if they have to. Metalheads are very passionate about the music and don't care about the trends of popular music. As fads in music come and go, we can be the last man standing because metal never gets old.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
yeah,but some people treat it as something unique/irrelevant to rock.
Led Zeppelin,Melbourne 1972:cool:
*m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-a.ak/hphotos-ak-prn2/1451539_648815375139434_1630804699_n.jpg
inbefore Led Zep is not metal:D

I wouldn't say Led Zeppelin is not metal. It's a very classic form, but it's not quintessential.

When you first start consuming alcohol, do you jump right into vodka and rum?

heidi2521

Padawan
After Led Zepplin I'd say go for Black Sabbath and Judas Priest, then Iron Maiden, Metallica and Pantera.

You may want to try out some hard rock like AC/DC before getting into metal.

------------

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
I understand your concern,but if you were in his shoes,you could have possibly asked the same naive questions:)

please.. this is not about being naive... ignorance aint naivety.

terming those songs as Classical Melodies?? Seriously?

this is really a concern for music lovers.

if someone really is a music lover, he would have researched something about his fav songs/music.

again, i am not criticising anybody, but information is free.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
please.. this is not about being naive... ignorance aint naivety.

terming those songs as Classical Melodies?? Seriously?

this is really a concern for music lovers.

if someone really is a music lover, he would have researched something about his fav songs/music.

again, i am not criticising anybody, but information is free.

I dint mean classical in terms of indian classical music. My point was 1990s music is now considered old and can be termed 'classic' in a way and these songs were the most popular and melodious at that time. About me being a music lover, i sing, play keyboard and flute. One demonstration - Abhi Mujhme Kahin - YouTube

:D

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
I dint mean classical in terms of indian classical music. My point was 1990s music is now considered old and can be termed 'classic' in a way and these songs were the most popular and melodious at that time. About me being a music lover, i sing, play keyboard and flute. One demonstration - Abhi Mujhme Kahin - YouTube

Wow nice singing,i like it.you have skills.you can post your stuff in musicians thread:)

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

No offense intended srkmish, but your piano skills are way better than your singing skills. Your singing just felt a little out of tune.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
No offense intended srkmish, but your piano skills are way better than your singing skills. Your singing just felt a little out of tune.

None taken. Actually the song itself is one of the most difficult to sing and i attempted something outside my comfort zone. My singing genre includes rafi/kishore/ udit/abhijeet songs and i love singing these songs and am well appreciated for it ( will be uploading a song from dosti movie soon- meri dosti mera pyaar,). Secondly, im recording these videos directly using a digicam and im no expert at sound science, but the impact a digicam recorded video has is half of listening live to the person singing. Lastly i have no delusions that i am an indian idol level singer. There are far better singers than me. I am happy singing and try to improve a little each day

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

i will watch that video once i go back to my free wifi place. :p

btw, i see you too own a Sansa Clip. did you rockbox it??

~~~ My singing genre includes rafi/kishore/ ~~

now those i can say are quite near to being classical. especially Md. Rafi.

anyway, this is a Metal thread and we are going off topic :p

Top Bottom