Yamaha FZ16 : Picotrial + Review(Not now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
torque is gr8 with a pillion upto 70 and upto 90~95 w/o pillion.
and the bike is oober stable even at 110. but gear is pulling back..the rpm is around 8k even at 95kmph in 5th gear in normal straight road. that means it wont go to much higher speeds. maybe max of 115, will have to use declutching heavily for ny more than that.
but one thing..the bike is very stable, nd absolutely no vibrations. It wud have been gr6 if there was a 6th gear :(

btw that flowerbed is 101% natural :)

Last edited:

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
^^ya he is true, even in the 5th gear u can feel the engine grip, could hav been gud if there was a 6th gear. but they hav designed in this way for its muscle nature. above all these things, the gr8 thing abt it is its stability at higher speeds. But I must say FZ16 and R15 r designed for single passenger. God only knows how I'm sitting in the back of this bike when domi is riding:( comfort is gud, but u will feel like the bike is ejecting u forward.

OP
harryneopotter

harryneopotter

Padawan
till now i havent driven the bike more than 4.5k RPM (35-55 KMPH depending on the gear ) as it is in running in period .... but i need the right tips on handling the bike before the first service ... its my first bike .. so i knw nuthing bout the basics of Bike riding.

@dominator : buddy if u can then please tell me all the things that i should take care of to ensure long engine life and efficiency ... like how much should i use the clutch ... wats the safe limit in running in period ... can i have pillion in running in period ...and all the other general stufff. it will of great help for me ....

thnx to all other guys :)

here are the dashboard/ Dial/ Meter pics ...

*i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww224/harryneopotter/Image187.jpg

*i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww224/harryneopotter/Image188.jpg

*i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww224/harryneopotter/Image189.jpg

*i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww224/harryneopotter/Image191.jpg

*i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww224/harryneopotter/Image190.jpg

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
its gud to maintain the rpm below 4.5k, but dont let the engine run at same rpm continuously for more than 10min [orelse the cylinder walls will start to cut threads on its walls]. also raise thr rpm to bout 8k once in a while at 3rd gear maybe.
and dont use power/speed petrols for atleast first 3000KM/2 services. such fuels with higher octanes will produce more heat which is not gud during run in time.

also occasionally use the engine gripage as break. say break the bike only using engine from bout 60, by down shifting to 4th, then to 3rd and so on and finally to first. The front disc may be producing some kinda sound now, which is normal. It has to rd bout 1000~1500Km for that to be smooth.

and btw, i havnt kept ny of those tips i mentioned on my bike. always drives 65~75 from rite beginning. also before 1st service, had to take the bike to 100+ some 6~7 times, sometimes with a pillion. Also sometimes had to give the throttle like hell, and rpm meter almost touching red. has to heavy declutch many times to go above 108 with a pillion. Had to sudden brake from 85 and draged 5~6meters before i stopped. :)
all said, the bike is in normal condition, and i see no change in performance/quality in ride compared to other fresh new FZs that ive ridden.
i think yamaha built the bike to rip off!!!!!

im waiting for second service to get over, and will ve to ripoff like hell, coz my clg buddies rips their bikes, and on some trips inorder to keep up with them, me too ll ve to rip my fz:(
and another point is: while ripping, my mileage is around 30kmpl :( :( :(

Last edited:

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
don't rev up in the lower gears too much. u hav to learn the correct shifting rpms for each gear. dats abt 30kmph u hav to be in 4th gear from a stand still 0kmph...and as domi has said, u hav to raise the rpm once in a while

Last edited:

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I've been riding bikes since class 8th and now I'm in my final year of Engg. so if u want some advice related to ur new under-@r$e-r0cket, u know where to contact me. ;)

OP
harryneopotter

harryneopotter

Padawan
thnx for the valuable inputs dominator and jon .... i will keep the points in mind .... and in delhi traffic its impossible to maintain constant RPM for more than 2-3 mins :D:D ..so it will help also ....

I've been riding bikes since class 8th and now I'm in my final year of Engg. so if u want some advice related to ur new under-@r$e-r0cket, u know where to contact me. ;)

sure dude .... any input is welcome ... :)

bajaj scooters are better than anything tbh.Jump off the fker even at the slightest hint of something going wrong.
:confused::confused:
:confused:

upendra_gp

In the zone
rpm is rotations/revolutions per minute i.e how much times the tire spins in a minute.
torque is the tangential force on the tire for rotating it the higher the greater pick up.
please post fuel economy and top speed. i am very much interested in this bike may be will get this next yaer if any other gud bike doesn't come up. but since i don't know how to drive it i might have a problem i guess as torque is high.

OP
harryneopotter

harryneopotter

Padawan
..............and dont use power/speed petrols for atleast first 3000KM/2 services. such fuels with higher octanes will produce more heat which is not gud during run in time..............................
but the showroom guys told me to use only Extra premium/power petrols ..... i am confused .... can u confirm it .....plz ..??

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Speed is what u shud not use and Xtra Premium is what u shud use.
Extra premium has high octane content and also anti-knocking agent. Whilst the Octane content value of Xtra Premium lies between 87-89, Speed's 91 and above. i always use Xtra Premium and even after 3years of rugged biking my Honda unicorn still gives mr 60+ mileage.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
@upendra_gp

FZ16 is not designed of top speed. as I told its a torque master or a muscle bike, hav high acceleration than any other 150cc bike. I think the top speed won't go above 115kmph...if u want top speed go for R15, ZMA or P220.

and the best thing for u is that the FZ16 is gud for beginners :) once u r on top of it, u will feel confident than on any other bike. its handling is the best at all conditions.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
bajaj scooters are better than anything tbh.Jump off the fker even at the slightest hint of something going wrong.

haha
very true, but it wont work if there is a truck comin for u from behind.:)

btw, rpm is the rotations per minute the engine operates, not the wheel rotation. wheel rotation speed depends on the gear on which its running, engine rpm and the load on the vehicle.

and today ive started to train stunts in ma bike...did bout 10 wheelies on 1 and 2nd gear.
lifted front wheel bout 3 feets and rode bout 5Meters on 2nd gear at bout 25kmph. hmmm. its my first try, and feeling pretty confident, and bike is still oober stable.
1st gear wheelie is ver easy, but hard to maintain, and front will come down within 1~2 sec.
hhmm, now gotta try better wheelies, and maybe some stoppies.....my dream is to do wheelie at bout 30KMph for more than 10~12 meters and a rolling stoppie with a 180 turn..:)

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
and today ive started to train stunts in ma bike...did bout 10 wheelies on 1 and 2nd gear.
lifted front wheel bout 3 feets and rode bout 5Meters on 2nd gear at bout 25kmph. hmmm. its my first try, and feeling pretty confident, and bike is still oober stable.
1st gear wheelie is ver easy, but hard to maintain, and front will come down within 1~2 sec.
hhmm, now gotta try better wheelies, and maybe some stoppies.....my dream is to do wheelie at bout 30KMph for more than 10~12 meters and a rolling stoppie with a 180 turn..:)
I hope u do know that doing wheelies will eat up ur bike's chainset like DMP to edge contact stationary bundle. Anyways, its ur bike and ur money, as u like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom