The Windows 8 Thread

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
Where I can buy physical media (DVD/cd) of windows 8 with license and at what price.

I dont want upgrade thing that is available at flipkart.

Vignesh B

Youngling
Where I can buy physical media (DVD/cd) of windows 8 with license and at what price.

I dont want upgrade thing that is available at flipkart.
Check out locally.
Only method from where you can buy DVD(AFAIK) is through Windows 8 Upgrade assistant. There's an option to order a DVD(it will charge Rs. 1060 extra).
Btw any specific reason, why you don't want the soft copy?

Last edited:

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Just upgraded to Windows 8 Pro from Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. Took more than an hour to just 'upgrade' and not a fresh install. I am giving Windows 8 another shot only because I immediately switched back last time.Though this time also , the initial impressions aren't too mindblowing.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
How can I bring Windows 7 "Basic" theme on Win8? Aero theme seems to be the default one & there is no "Basic" theme in "Personalization" option. Aero doesn't run on my GPU for long so uninstalling Win8 will be inevitable :-D if there's no solution.

amjath

Human Spambot
Windows Blue aka Windows 8.1 is free!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome move IMO, love the boot to desktop and adjustable split screen

Windows Blue is officially dubbed Windows 8.1, to be free on the Windows Store - GSMArena Blog

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"

Windows Blue is officially dubbed Windows 8.1, to be free on the Windows Store - GSMArena Blog

What?
No licence required??? Yipeee

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

for me it's just a must have / get necessary SP update for windows 8 ;-)

Top Bottom