The Windows 8 Thread

Sujeet

Undead!!!
The Next "Big Thing" in Windows Line Up of OS is Here-Windows 8.

Windows 8

Microsoft is calling it as a rebirth of their Existence, with inception of Windows 8.

Windows 8 is first Windows OS which has been designed to run on both ARM and X86 Machines.

Windows-On-Arm aka Windows RT
is meant for Low Power and Portable devices like Tablets, Netbooks and Tablet-Netbook/Notebook Hybrids.

Windows 8 major Attraction is the Simple and intuitive Metro UI with hosts of Live Functionality like those of Tiles on Windows Phone.

Release Versions
The Developer Preview was released on September 13 2011.
It was targeted at Developer Audience and comes bundled with all essential Tools read 'Microsoft Windows SDK', to build and Test the Metro Style Live Apps for Upcoming Windows 8.

The Consumer Preview was released on 29 February 2012.
Its the first Public Beta Release out for try.

The Release Preview was launched on 1 June 2012.
This will be the Release Candidate.
Minimum System requirements
1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor

1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)

16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

Taking advantage of touch input requires a screen that supports multi-touch

Windows 8 wont require hardware higher than Windows 7.

Installation.

Grab The Consumer Preview ISO from Here.

Grab The Windows USB DVD/ISO Tool From Here.

Write the ISO to USB Flash Drive~Min.4GB Required.

Boot into USB and Follown On-Screen Instructions.

Watch-Links.
Official Windows 8 Twitter Stream.

Neowin -Windows 8 Channel

Addictivetips-Windows 8 Covergae.

Further Reading
Here’s a list of 300+ Windows 8 features that Microsoft didn’t show | WinRumors

10 Key Features in Windows 8: Tablets, Touch and More

Use This Thread for any further Discussion/Feedback associated with Windows 8.

Last edited:

audiophilic

Journeyman
re: Windows 8 Thread.

I think the only downside to w8 may be the ugly looking interface. Other than that, it sounds and look great :)

OP
Sujeet

Sujeet

Undead!!!
re: Windows 8 Thread.

^^Windows 8 RT -on Tablet wont even feature WindowsAERO Interface due to performance and battery concerns.
Thats called icing on the cake.!:p

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Re: Windows 8 Thread.

Windows 8 is not that bad, it does need to improve. I would disagree big time that it sucks

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

I'd disagree that W8 sucks. But truth be told its hardly revolutionary like MS claims it is. Its mainly just the integration of their metro styling over the current W7.

Personally i found the metro to be a bit of a bother to use on a laptop. And the faster bootup is, i believe, due to a kind of hibernation. There is no real reason to switch to W8 for normal windows users as I see it. There is nothing revolutionary.

masterkd

Padawan

^^Windows 8 RT -on Tablet wont even feature WindowsAERO Interface due to performance and battery concerns.
Thats called icing on the cake.!:p

Not only in Win 8 RT..Aero will not be there in any version of Windows 8 final release!!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

I wont upgrade to Win 8 when it comes out. There is a huge probability it might fail like Vista.
Windows on a Tab? If one sees a BSOD somehow, things will turn ugly :|

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Yeah. It's right. As long as Microsoft doesn't give back our beloved "Start Menu" how the heck do we "Start" anything! :D

btw, here's a screencast I made when I installed Windows 8 on my Pen 4 :oops:
Just putting here for the reference! ;)

[YOUTUBE]LZMQIVPntgE[/YOUTUBE]

Windows 8 sucks as of now.

Gimme a break! For you Windows X sucks. Where X is any integer! :?
Am I right? Or, am I right?

Any reason why a normal user should upgrade to win8 ?

Yeah. If he wants to be a douche! :)) Kidding. If he has a touch screen, then he may try. (... try it to have a pain in his arm :p).

OP
Sujeet

Sujeet

Undead!!!

Not only in Win 8 RT..Aero will not be there in any version of Windows 8 final release!!

Windows Aero As We Know Now in Windows 7/Vista=
Aero Flip+Aero Snap+Aero Transparent UI+Enhanced Taskabr+AeroSneek.

Windows Aero Metro UI as we will see in Windows 8 X86
Windows Charms+Windows SideSnap+Transparency.

Anyway Dated Aero is almost Dead now.

Metro UI is the Name Game now.

BTW Take a look at Windows 8 Lock Screen and Picture Lock.

*cloud.addictivetips.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/lock-screen-1.jpg

*cloud.addictivetips.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/control-panel-lockscreen.jpg

Lock Screen is Ideal One IMO for Tabs.

Gimme a break! For you Windows X sucks. Where X is any integer! :?
Am I right? Or, am I right?

Yeah. If he wants to be a douche! :)) Kidding. If he has a touch screen, then he may try. (... try it to have a pain in his arm :p).
:lol:

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

Worst part is that Win 8 will son be forced on new laptops, and you wont have option. That's how they are going to sell it.

OP
Sujeet

Sujeet

Undead!!!

Worst part is that Win 8 will son be forced on new laptops, and you wont have option. That's how they are going to sell it.

Thats how they always sell it.:wink:

BTW a new league of Windows Tab is all set to come up.

Anyone Following Leaked Windows 8 Dell Tab?????

BTW MS has suspended Zune Branded Services and It will Be Re-equiped with XBOx ENTERTAINMENT Tag.

Earlier MS announced that Windows Live Name will be defunct soon and its Live and Cloud Services will be Unified for seamless Access and Connectivity across Windows Platform-Desktop Windows 7/8 + Windows Phone+ Cloud Services like Skydrive,Skype etc.

Last edited:

noob

Cyborg Agent

I don't see why business entities will upgrade to Windows 8 (on PC) or why even they would buy a Windows Tablets (WOA) esp when windows 7 was released in 2009 and now in 2013 windows 8 might go gold... Even as a home user , i wont purchase a brand new OS once again.

Also WOA wont run your normal x86 apps.

*www.thumpweb.com/Z1/img/aolmetro11.jpg

OP
Sujeet

Sujeet

Undead!!!

I don't see why business entities will upgrade to Windows 8 (on PC) or why even they would buy a Windows Tablets (WOA) esp when windows 7 was released in 2009 and now in 2013 windows 8 might go gold... Even as a home user , i wont purchase a brand new OS once again.

*www.thumpweb.com/Z1/img/aolmetro11.jpg

"The distinction between the past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."

----Albert Einstein

Thats Obvious Stuff IMO.
Did anyone expect to run X86 Apps on ARM as it is.!!?
:|

rider

as Kratos

@sujeet what is different in the Windows USB DVD/ISO Tool ?
I have an old core2duo desktop with windows7 home premium installed and I want to enjoy the new windows 8 in that, but there is no dvd writer in working condition and I have 4GB pendrive. How to do this?

Minion

Conversation Architect

windows 7 is more than enough windows 8 will be epic fail just like windows vista no body will ever need any more than win 7... mobile,table like interface is ugly.

Alok

Adventurer

@rider as he explained you can install it via your usb drive. Download iso and use usb tool.

As for my opinion about win8, i don't like it due to bad interface with mouse. It seems a touch mobile os.

Top Bottom