The Windows 8 Thread

Well I can understand. But I really don't want to format. As all of my development environment is setup and I have go through all the hassles again :(

UPDATE : I guess I have found the problem. The thing is, I had enabled traces for KIS. And that's what was eating my space on C Drive under Program Data.
And what does that do?

Guys need help...my specs...
Intel c2d e7500...gigabyte ga41m combo rev 1.3...4gb ram...hd6570 1gb ddr3..

I want to try win8...but checked gigabyte website but no driver support ...so can I install the drivers of win7 on 8...will it work...?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Small_town_boy - I don't thnk you won't face any issue .. at-least not from non compatible drivers. You can download Intel chipset software install utility for mobo, audio driver for VIA is available and what's more - you may not need to install any driver at all apart from the gpu driver.

@ Small_town_boy - I don't thnk you won't face any issue .. at-least not from non compatible drivers. You can download Intel chipset software install utility for mobo, audio driver for VIA is available and what's more - you may not need to install any driver at all apart from the gpu driver.

Thanks mate...:)
You mean this...
*downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=20775

VIA drivers ...? Can you please provide me the link?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks mate...:)
You mean this...
*downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=20775

VIA drivers ...? Can you please provide me the link?

right and for VIA driver download HD audio driver v. 10.1200A ( www dot viaarena.com/Driver/v10_1200a.zip) and for LAN (www dot qca.qualcomm.com/download.php?type=driver&id=74

kunalht

In the zone
how to stop auto-update in windows 8?
when i connect my laptop to internet, it start to auto-update in news,sports,weather etc.,( in main menu)
as i have limited internet plan how do i stop this???

when i connect my laptop to internet, it start to auto-update in news,sports,weather etc.,( in main menu)
Control Panel > Windows update > Change Setting (in the left pane) > Set to "Never check for updates".

Vignesh B

Youngling
You can't turn off all the live tiles at once. You have to individually right click on the app and then select turn off live tiles.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Is there a "Basic" setting for the theme in windows 8? My GPU has some problems running Windows Aero. So it smoothly runs Windows 7 in the Basic theme setting.

Vignesh B

Youngling
Is there a "Basic" setting for the theme in windows 8? My GPU has some problems running Windows Aero. So it smoothly runs Windows 7 in the Basic theme setting.
By default, Windows 8 doesn't contain Aero.
Still you may de-select certain visual effects under the advanced tab of system properties.

Top Bottom