The Windows 8 Thread

Windows 8.1 will be free in windows store, so it will require a windows 8 installation no the system. You'll still need to purchase it if you dont have windows 8 installed.

Windows 8.1 will be free in windows store, so it will require a windows 8 installation no the system. You'll still need to purchase it if you dont have windows 8 installed.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
What happened

Too many issues... sound working/not working in mysterious ways... antivirus updated till date but shows its turned off...same with firewall....dont know what next!! and yeah the stupid interface...its a pure touch operating system... even if u insert a pen drive it says "Tap to select" ... How can i tap with my mouse?? :-D ... it took quite a while to find how to SHUT DOWN :-D .... only advantage is it runs fast than 7 but hey , whats the benefit when it won't play audio ??

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/software-q/173906-sound-stopped-working-windows-8-pro-x86.html

shreymittal

Being Human
Too many issues... sound working/not working in mysterious ways... antivirus updated till date but shows its turned off...same with firewall....dont know what next!! and yeah the stupid interface...its a pure touch operating system... even if u insert a pen drive it says "Tap to select" ... How can i tap with my mouse?? :-D ... it took quite a while to find how to SHUT DOWN :-D .... only advantage is it runs fast than 7 but hey , whats the benefit when it won't play audio ??

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/software-q/173906-sound-stopped-working-windows-8-pro-x86.html

LOL...me too reverted back to W7 when i got these issues on the 2nd day after installing W8
1. My printer was not working
2. That Sound and so on ..W7 is the best Windows OS till date.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
lol, with every new major version update windows drops support for some old hardware .. seen this happening before and even now the trend continues .. anyway, with the help of some 3rd party apps win 8 is at-least usable and OK for me .. granted, even I face some random issue like after 10/12 hours of usages and a hibernate and resume the taskbar won't show up, sometime I face some audio channeling issue - need to restart explorer or plug in/out audio jack several times to get everything fixed but apart from these minor issues so far my experience with this OS is positive ;-)

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
lol, with every new major version update windows drops support for some old hardware .. seen this happening before and even now the trend continues .. anyway, with the help of some 3rd party apps win 8 is at-least usable and OK for me .. granted, even I face some random issue like after 10/12 hours of usages and a hibernate and resume the taskbar won't show up, sometime I face some audio channeling issue - need to restart explorer or plug in/out audio jack several times to get everything fixed but apart from these minor issues so far my experience with this OS is positive ;-)

What?? There's a hibernate option too?? Where?? Mine only shows Sleep/Shutdown/Restart under Stupid Charms Bar-->>Settings-->>Power

you can use this :
How to enable Hibernate mode in Windows 8 | PCWorld
or just create batch file with this ;-)
Or by this command:

powercfg -h -on

If someone doesn't used hibernate feature, then thy can free 3 GB of disk space from C drive by deleting the hibernate file (completely safe). Use this command to do so:

powercfg -h -off

Last edited:

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
you can use this :
How to enable Hibernate mode in Windows 8 | PCWorld
or just create batch file with this ;-)

Or by this command:

Code:
powercfg -h -on[\code]

If someone doesn't used hibernate feature, then thy can free 3 GB of disk space from C drive by deleting the hibernate file (completely safe). Use this command to do so:

[code]powercfg -h -off[\off][/QUOTE]

Get a feeling Windows is following Linux in terms of making the user scratch his head over simple settings. :lol:

nick191

Journeyman
Hi guys, m having problem while making Wifi Hot-Spot from too many months no Solution till now...
I have tried making Wi-Fi HotSpot using Connectify-me , CMD , and in built-in samsung software Called "Setting" but it doesn't work, I connected my Mobile with it It shows connected but there is no internet access and next time when i try to connect it there is "not in Range" error :-(:-(

Any solution ?

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Hi guys, m having problem while making Wifi Hot-Spot from too many months no Solution till now...
I have tried making Wi-Fi HotSpot using Connectify-me , CMD , and in built-in samsung software Called "Setting" but it doesn't work, I connected my Mobile with it It shows connected but there is no internet access and next time when i try to connect it there is "not in Range" error :-(:-(

Any solution ?

You're trying to make your windows 8 machine an access point for your mobile devices, right?

riturajsharma19

Broken In
Guys, is there a way to list all users by default in the Win 8 login screen. On a multi-user system, if one of the users has a password-less account and he is the last one to use the PC, the OS automatically boots into his account. THis is a real nuisance and any way out will be appreciated.

Rituraj

theterminator

Wise Old Owl

I think the Internet Connection Sharing is turned Off on your Windows copy. Ensure its turned ON from Networking & Sharing Center-->>Change Adapter Settings-->>Right Click Your Active Adapter-->>Properties-->>Sharing Tab-->>Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection.

nick191

Journeyman
I think the Internet Connection Sharing is turned Off on your Windows copy. Ensure its turned ON from Networking & Sharing Center-->>Change Adapter Settings-->>Right Click Your Active Adapter-->>Properties-->>Sharing Tab-->>Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection.

Tried a lot some time ago also doesn't work...

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Tried a lot some time ago also doesn't work...

If your devices are connected to the wifi set up by laptop but you're not getting Internet access in your mobile then its a clear case of Internet Sharing disabled in your laptop otherwise it can also be that you're not setting up the connection right... what commands are you typing in when setting up through cmd?

nick191

Journeyman
If your devices are connected to the wifi set up by laptop but you're not getting Internet access in your mobile then its a clear case of Internet Sharing disabled in your laptop otherwise it can also be that you're not setting up the connection right... what commands are you typing in when setting up through cmd?

Nope right now m using Samsung's Given software to make it but i have tried using Connectify-me but doesn't works... It get connected from Mobile than it display connected in Laptop but after some time it doesn't show my Device connected but shows connected in my mobile... This is not a problem of mobile coz i have tried using another phone also...

Top Bottom