the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

anoopjb

search engine..
hey guys has anyone tried out unofficial modded drivers from leshcat.blogspot.com
through it i can run opengl games through amd graphics card in dynamic switching mode also and this package updates both your intel and amd drivers :mrgreen:
and for dv6 through these drivers you can toggle fixed and dynamic mode of switching in catalyst control centre itself .
so all in all very good but before installing these drivers do wipe out your old amd drivers through driver sweeper

Is it safe to use modded drivers??

Anyway Im gonna give it a try..was dying to play counter Strike and other openGL games..

I think I should sue HP for what they did to me.:wwe:
I brought this Hp 6155tx lappie by keeping 2X USB3.0 ports in my mind.[Which is clearly given in Hp website, I double checked it on d day i brought it]
Damn hp .. recently they edited website and marked it as 4X USB2.0:shock:
And at last I found the nasty truth.. ma lappie doesnt have any...:hissyfit:

wat shud i do nw??

Last edited:

aniket.cain

Padawan
^ Counter Strike runs without any kind of problem. You don't need any modded drivers for that...

Hi Everyone,

I have bought a DV6121tx yesterday :)

I an wondering why the windows system sound control showing stereo speaker not quad speaker...how to chk all 4 speaker are working ??

Even if there are 4 speakers, it doesn't mean it will give you 4 channel output. These are only stereo speakers, and each channel is duplicated for 2 speakers each.

iamshaazz

Broken In
The fingerprint recognition takes a helluva time to load during the windows start-up. Any way to speed this up?

Same problem here. It takes like 20 to 30 seconds to load with windows start up. At first it was fine, then i disabled it for a few days. Now after activating it again, there is this delay.

Any solutions for this guys?

arindam

Right off the assembly line
^ Counter Strike runs without any kind of problem. You don't need any modded drivers for that...

Even if there are 4 speakers, it doesn't mean it will give you 4 channel output. These are only stereo speakers, and each channel is duplicated for 2 speakers each.

Thanks for the info. I had a bit doubt about the sound quality. It was fine when I tested the same in showroom but looking place and without bass in ma room. :-o

Maybe its just psychological issue :))

mayankgautam

Right off the assembly line
Hey Guys! I am a newbie here. I have 6121tx. Just wanted to know which mode is better dynamic or switchable?? And what are the necessary updates for my laptop?

sarathsnair

Journeyman
i just bought WD my passport Essential SE 1 TB USB3.0
i connected it to my dv6 6121tx usb3 port. but it say that your device can perform faster. What is this ??? :-o
i copied some files to and from my new hdd. But the speed is only around 35 MBPS (both read and write). What should i do ?? :cry:
i updated all the drivers and formated all the contents in the hdd preloaded
but still the speed is same. i got the same speed when i connected to usb2 port. so no difference in the speed of usb 2 and usb 3 port ..:shock: tell me a suggetion. i came to know that this hdd can read more than 80MBPS and write at 60MBPS.. but i did not get this :cry:

sumansherlock

Broken In
hi everyone....just i was created a thread regarding to buy a laptop but don't know why thinkdigit is not showing it....

guys i am going to buy lappy last weak of this month!!
is this good time to buy HP dv6-6121tx or dv6-6165tx???
or is there any other laptop that can match dv6 laptop?

hi everyone....just i was created a thread regarding to buy a laptop but don't know why thinkdigit is not showing it....

guys i am going to buy lappy last weak of this month!!
is this good time to buy HP dv6-6121tx or dv6-6165tx???
or is there any other laptop that can match dv6 laptop?

plz reply anbody?? aniket , prashant where are you guys?
i have completed reading the whole thread in 2 days......should i go for hp now?

house?

Broken In
hey, i just uninstalled the amd drivers on my 6121 now while reinstalling with both the auto detect app and manual download it gives me 'amd catalyst mobility cannot be downloaded due to incompatible hardware software on your computer', any fixes appreciated :D

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
hey, i just uninstalled the amd drivers on my 6121 now while reinstalling with both the auto detect app and manual download it gives me 'amd catalyst mobility cannot be downloaded due to incompatible hardware software on your computer', any fixes appreciated :D

Install drivers from C:/SwSetup or HP website. Then you'll be able to update manually. Autodetect does not work because drivers by HP are installed in a different directory and not in default location

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@sumansherlock:

//MOD:
Please refrain from submitting the same post over and over again. You posted the above mentioned 7 times. Your posts will NOT BE immediately visible till you reach a post of 10. Reason being, they are moderated and need to be 'approved'.

sumansherlock

Broken In
@sumansherlock:

//MOD:
Please refrain from submitting the same post over and over again. You posted the above mentioned 7 times. Your posts will NOT BE immediately visible till you reach a post of 10. Reason being, they are moderated and need to be 'approved'.

okay...i didn't know that...

house?

Broken In
incredibly low fps rate in witcher 2...like 5-20 range in low spec ? fixes appreciated :D

installed 11.11 drivers and my laptop is fried with BSODs, any suggestions ? will try 11.11c performance upgrade and 11.6b hotfix 2mrw(google results) in safe mode or something....anyone else facing this issue?

sumansherlock

Broken In
guys please answer my questions

1.i am confused between dv6 and asus K53SV-SX520D!!! as i know there is huge difference in price....

can anybody tell me which one has better display and good viewing angle by comparing to your dv6???
see these videos
especially watch at 6th minute(playing a movie)
Asus K53S review - powerful 15.6 inch laptop - YouTube

and this at night
ASUS K53SV | i7 2670QM | GT540M | 4 GB Screen viewing angles + screen flexibility - YouTube

how's the sound
ASUS K53SV | i7 2670QM | GT540M | 4 GB Sound system test - YouTube

about hp dv6
2. i heard that HP is going to close their pc production:evil: is that true?? and is it worth to buy a HP now??

3. i will be buying at end of this month and also i can wait till march....should i wait ?? or get this in christmas....

4.can it run C programming and CAD??

5.how many years i can play all latest games with this laptop??(mid-high settings)

Last edited:
Top Bottom