the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

vishu22

Broken In
hp dv6 6165tx
how can i update my graphic card from where should i update it?i tried at the amd website,when i enter my specs it gives a list of updates ,n i when i see the release notes for these softwares amd raedon hd 6770 isnt supported in it.
my ccc version is 2011.0315.958....
my graphic driver is 8.882.2.3000..
there is no scaling option available also im ccc

here is d link for latest gfx drivers .....i.e- 11.12 (93.2 mb)
ATI Catalystâ„¢ Mobility Display Driver

my current bios version is f.18 dated 08/07/2011,from where do i get the bios update,can u give me a link?hp dv6 6165tx

here is d link for bios update rev.- F.1A .......dwnld dis update ...then run it ...it will restart ur lappy & then it will update ur bios , when d update is completed ...restart ur lappy .. at d startup screen press ESC (when u see d hp logo) then press F10 , in the bios setup ... some tabs were der at d top ....choose d tab in which there is graphics mode option .... change d dynamic mode to fixed mode ..... exit d bios setup by saving changes .... right click on d desktop choose configure switchable graphics & then choose high performance i.e ati gpu...:wink:
*h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwa...dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&product=5117934&sw_lang=

sumansherlock

Broken In
if hp does it, its an insta-buy for many.

7690m is slightly faster than 6770m.

7690m xt is slightly faster than 6850m as reports from new envy 15 and 17 linup configs.

hp envy 15 3000 is now available @ $1100 i.e rs 55000.it has backlit keyboard and 1 gb ati 7670 gpu!!!!!!!!rest specs are same as dv6 series.Also hd display upgrade option is there.

someone is saying dv6 and some envy series.....can you guys tell me exact which series are going to release first???

and balkeet i don't think they will be available under 65000inr in india...

sriram_15_93

Right off the assembly line
Hi! I'm new to this forum, and I've seriously been considering buying a 6140 or a 6165 after having gone through all the posts in this thread, till date. I'd like to know if there are any major advantages that the 6165 has over the 6140.
I'd also like some advice as to whether I should get either one of these laptops, or wait for a few more months for newer laptops to be released in India.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
someone is saying dv6 and some envy series.....can you guys tell me exact which series are going to release first???

and balkeet i don't think they will be available under 65000inr in india...

it's envy 15 and 17 models that are refreshed with many build and hardware changes.
they aren't released in india yet and i don't think the price would be less than 70k in india.

only two models of dv6 are introduces with 7690m and xt models and only available in singapore.

febyphilabr

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys,

I'm planning to get a new laptop as my 4 year old Desktop is nearing its demise!!

After looking around the net, I've decided to go ahead with HP. Actually I'll be getting the lap from abroad (UAE).

I have almost decided to go ahead with this model (HP Pavilion dv6-6120se Entertainment Notebook PC Product Specifications - HP Customer Care (United States - English)), HP DV6-6120SE.

But it offers only the lower end ATI 6490M GPU compared to the ATI 6770M in DV6-6017/6121tx.

Will this affect the performance??

Ohh... I forgot to mention, I won't be using it for gaming. It will be used for running 3D modelling and analysis softwares like Pro/E, Ansys, NX etc. So is it okay if I go ahead with the 6490M GPU. Or should I go ahead with the more expensive (I'm a student, so on a tight budget!:-|) HP DV6-6170SE (HP Pavilion dv6-6170se Entertainment Notebook PC Product Specifications - HP Customer Care (United States - English))

Please Help!!

Hi Friends,
I m facing big problem in my 6121tx. Please see attached image.
My PC does not shut down properly and shows DEATH SCREEN or BLUE SCREEN when I try to shut down it.
I tried to format my system but it didn't helped. Please suggest what should I do.

ntomer

Broken In
Hi,

I will be buying the 6165TX today from a HP store in Shipra Mall. I have been quoted 59K for it (with an upgrade to 8GB), plus a backpack thrown in. How is the deal?

And has anybody taken extended warranty from HP? What is the cost for 2 years' extended warranty and is it worth it?

Regards

Nitin

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
2 years would cost you approx 4800 + tax. I had inquired for my 6121tx few days ago. You can buy it later within 90 days of purchase.

59k is higher than the average prices in which its available. With the 8GB upgrade, it should cost you no more than 56-57K (max).

swooosh32

Broken In
2 years would cost you approx 4800 + tax. I had inquired for my 6121tx few days ago. You can buy it later within 90 days of purchase.

59k is higher than the average prices in which its available. With the 8GB upgrade, it should cost you no more than 56-57K (max).

Where is it available for 57k with 8GB Ram? I checked it out in the HP shop in Nehru place and was quoted 57k with 4GB RAM?

What are the good shops in Nehru Place incidentally, if anyone knows?

ntomer

Broken In
Where is it available for 57k with 8GB Ram? I checked it out in the HP shop in Nehru place and was quoted 57k with 4GB RAM?

What are the good shops in Nehru Place incidentally, if anyone knows?

I went to buy it yesterday at Gadgets and Gizmos, Shipra Mall. They didn't have it in stocks, neither did their other outlet in Great India Place :-(

From where you are buying it? Maybe we will get a better deal if we buy it together...

\N

ntomer

Broken In
Hi,

I bought the 6165TX yesterday for 59K. I have a couple of questions - a. The finger-print reader doesn't work properly - it's able to scan the finger print correctly only after 8-10 attempts. Is this normal?
d. How does the multi-touch work on touch-pad? I am just not able to figure it out. Sometime the scrolling works, most of the time it doesn't.

Please help.

Thanks

Nitin

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Congrats on your purchase.
The finger print reader seems to be faulty. Or, remove your existing fingerprint data and try enrolling again. Mine recognizes in the first attempt.
The multitouch in the HP, Dell, Asus seems to be a joke. Never worked fine for me. Feel it very cumbersome to stress the fingers to make it work.
These can never match the fluidity of multitouch on a MacBook.
Bought a logitech M310 full sized wireless mouse and never cared to use the touch pad again.

swooosh32

Broken In
Sorry Nitin, I missed your post earlier. I am hoping to buy it this weekend from somewhere in Nehru Place. Once again if anyone knows of any good shops there to buy it from it would be appreciated. I was quoted 57k for it (with 4GB RAM), can I bring it down any further?

What is the laptop like otherwise, how is it's performance etc?

ntomer

Broken In
Congrats on your purchase.
The finger print reader seems to be faulty. Or, remove your existing fingerprint data and try enrolling again. Mine recognizes in the first attempt.
The multitouch in the HP, Dell, Asus seems to be a joke. Never worked fine for me. Feel it very cumbersome to stress the fingers to make it work.
These can never match the fluidity of multitouch on a MacBook.
Bought a logitech M310 full sized wireless mouse and never cared to use the touch pad again.

Thanks. I will try enrolling the fingerprint again.

I too have a Sony Vaio wireless laser mouse lying around somewhere. Gotta find and use it :)

Sorry Nitin, I missed your post earlier. I am hoping to buy it this weekend from somewhere in Nehru Place. Once again if anyone knows of any good shops there to buy it from it would be appreciated. I was quoted 57k for it (with 4GB RAM), can I bring it down any further?

What is the laptop like otherwise, how is it's performance etc?

I bought it for 59K (RAM upgraded to 8GB). Performance is very good, looks and feels solidly built, though is a bit on the heavier side.

\N

swooosh32

Broken In
It's now on Flipkart for about 55k. Should I take it at that price or is there the possibility of getting it at the same price from somewhere in Nehru Place cheaper or with extra RAM?

ntomer

Broken In
Urgent help needed...

I partitioned the hard disk to install Ubuntu on it, and it was all fine. But after I installed Ubuntu, though I would get Windows & option in Grub, it won't start. And even the recovery options (F11) won't work. And I haven't created the recovery disks :-(

I tried to install Windows 7 ultimate on it, but the installation won't recognize the hard drive; it asks for a SATA driver, and HP's web site don't have a sata driver.

So basically I am stuck with a new laptop which won't boot. Please help me out :-(

\N

Last edited:

swooosh32

Broken In
How easy is it to add RAM to this laptop? I am ordering it from Flipkart and wondering if I could just buy RAM from there and add it myself or do I have to take it to a HP showroom?

What type of RAM will I need as well, there seems to be quite a few options?

Top Bottom