the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

sarathsnair

Journeyman
Open the BIOS Setup(F10)>System Configuration>Switchable graphics mode
and then Toggle to FIXED MODE , Save and Exit
After reboot Plugin the laptop to Charger and right click to open Switchable graphics config and select High performance GPU and now rerun the WEI assessment then u will be getting 6.9 and with a bit of overclocking can get 7.0 :)

how can we overclock the graphics card ?
i cant move the bar in MSI after burner...:cry: the maximum value is fixed for me. cant change

vishu22

Broken In
how can we overclock the graphics card ?
i cant move the bar in MSI after burner...:cry: the maximum value is fixed for me. cant change

i also hav dat problem with msi afterburner ..... use SAPPHIRE TRIXX .... instal the lastest version , then in overclocking tab move the core clock from 725 to 825 & memory clock from 800 to 900 (don't touch d voltage section) .....i m using these clocks & now my WEI is 7.0 :))in both d gfx.. u can also set ur gpu fan speed :wink: ... some guys even using core clock at 850 & memory clock at 950 .... bt i didn't (want to b on d safe side)
here is the link for SAPPHIRE TRIXX
*www.sapphireselectclub.com/ssc/TriXX/TriXX.aspx

Last edited:

aniket.cain

Padawan
^^ I had been using Afterburner and speeds of 850/950. It was running stable. After I formatted the computer, didn't try that again, as I don't think overcloking is needed much as of now.

amirtaraj

Broken In
^^ Yes actually that is not required I just did it for experimental purpose and reverted back to stock clock speed as 6770 is just an awesome card

rider

as Kratos
But i can't play games like Mafia II in fixed mode.. why??
also I tried to play Dirt 3.. it runs in a window not running in full screen... i also tried alt+enter but doesn't work.. what to do??

sarathsnair

Journeyman
also I tried to play Dirt 3.. it runs in a window not running in full screen... i also tried alt+enter but doesn't work.. what to do??

when i tried to play test drive unlimited 2 it was in window mode. but now i can play it in fullscreen by alt+enter

amirtaraj

Broken In

Change the resolution in the game to 1366x768 and then Alt+Enter
Will be trying Dirt 3 tomorrow (maybe) :)

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
@rider : If you are using a cracked version of the games, you might need to change some file configs etc for full screen. I had the same problem with Mafia 2. I used 1360*768 windowed mode + ShiftWindow to run the game. It ran perfectly at all high settings. Got 40+ fps in Mafia 2 benchmark

themohit

Broken In
hey guys has anyone tried out unofficial modded drivers from leshcat.blogspot.com
through it i can run opengl games through amd graphics card in dynamic switching mode also and this package updates both your intel and amd drivers :mrgreen:
and for dv6 through these drivers you can toggle fixed and dynamic mode of switching in catalyst control centre itself .
so all in all very good but before installing these drivers do wipe out your old amd drivers through driver sweeper

arindam

Right off the assembly line
Hi Everyone,

I have bought a DV6121tx yesterday :)

I an wondering why the windows system sound control showing stereo speaker not quad speaker...how to chk all 4 speaker are working ??

akhilfree

Broken In
Hi Everyone,

I have bought a DV6121tx yesterday :)

I an wondering why the windows system sound control showing stereo speaker not quad speaker...how to chk all 4 speaker are working ??

Do the following

1. open the lid of laptop,
2. push the button on the upper left corner.
3. wait for windows to start up, it may take a min so don't panic.
4. push f12 key, if it turns white wifi of laptop is on.
5. connect to the internet
6. type piratebay.org
7. type ''sheela ki jawani''
8. click the link with most no of indicated seeders.
9. close the browser, it's illegal to download music that way.
10. buy tees markha music cd from any retailer.
11. open the cd tray and put it on the tray.
12. play ''sheela ki jawani'' from the indicated list of songs on wmp.
13. as soon as song start playing, bring your ear near the front of laptop.
14. repeat the process for every sound oulet on laptop.
15. enjoy quadrophonic sheela ki jawani.

arindam

Right off the assembly line
Do the following

1. open the lid of laptop,
2. push the button on the upper left corner.
3. wait for windows to start up, it may take a min so don't panic.
4. push f12 key, if it turns white wifi of laptop is on.
5. connect to the internet
6. type piratebay.org
7. type ''sheela ki jawani''
8. click the link with most no of indicated seeders.
9. close the browser, it's illegal to download music that way.
10. buy tees markha music cd from any retailer.
11. open the cd tray and put it on the tray.
12. play ''sheela ki jawani'' from the indicated list of songs on wmp.
13. as soon as song start playing, bring your ear near the front of laptop.
14. repeat the process for every sound oulet on laptop.
15. enjoy quadrophonic sheela ki jawani.

Hi,

Nice to see people getting serious about buying music but I have not asked for such smartass solution...A simple technical one would be much appreciated.

However, don't comment when you don't know, better keep your fingers busy when watching Sheila Ki Jawani :D

vgr

Broken In
hasn't anyone tried out eh 11.11 catalyst drivers yet?

Change the resolution in the game to 1366x768 and then Alt+Enter
Will be trying Dirt 3 tomorrow (maybe) :)

Dirt doesn't go to full screen on the fixed mode ... I used the 11.8 drivers when I played the game[switchable mode]..... ++ hey the game gets pertty boring after a while... try Driver sanfrancisco... it's at an entirely different level :)

Top Bottom