the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do one thing..tell your problem in crystal clear words to @CatalystCreator on Twitter. :)

aniket.cain

Padawan
It might be worth trying to downgrade to v11.5 that allows manual switching option

I tried formatting the system and installed 11.5 but manual switching option is not available even there. Something they changed in the hardware which makes it impossible (according to some forum I read).

siddharth290

Broken In
What about the DV6-6017TX? It is 6000 series, but it still has got no option of manual switching. And anyhow, I hope AMD fix this issue real soon, coz i am very pissed off at this laptop which struggles to touch a playable 30fps in all the games.

EDIT: Anybody interested in buying this model, please read THIS first.

I have the 6017tx model and it has manual switching in it. I can change the gpu to the 6770 or intel depending upon my need unlike the one in 6121tx..

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
I tried formatting the system and installed 11.5 but manual switching option is not available even there. Something they changed in the hardware which makes it impossible (according to some forum I read).

What if you uninstall all the AMD drivers and then try installing 6017tx drivers? Also remember that windows may automatically be downloading the drivers so download 6017tx drivers then disconnect from the internet. Uninstall the original drivers and install the 6017tx ones.

aniket.cain

Padawan
What if you uninstall all the AMD drivers and then try installing 6017tx drivers? Also remember that windows may automatically be downloading the drivers so download 6017tx drivers then disconnect from the internet. Uninstall the original drivers and install the 6017tx ones.

People have tried doing that. But it doesn't work. CCC still gives only the option of automatic switching.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Gone through all the discussions here. One simple question, Shall I go ahead with 61xx or stick to 6017?
I am from Bangalore and going to purchase tomorrow. Any idea where I can get any of them?

Thanks

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Thanks Vicky. 6017 is available online at shopdekho or something portal. they have COD option too. shall I go for it? or try at SP Road first tomorrow? if none is available then go to the online portal?

Let the owners of 6017 confirm you once again !

I say go to S P Road and try in some HP retail shops in Garuda Mall and try finding it there and then if not go for COD .

PS :- When you receive the package verify it before giving the money !

aniket.cain

Padawan
Get 6017TX without doubt. 6121 offers nothing for the premium it demands. And comes with its own share of problems, specially this GPU one. I would recommend you try to avoid 6121TX at all costs. 1GB of extra VRAM is just a gimmick and 140GB of extra HDD space is simply not worth the trouble and the heftier price tag.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Thanks Vicky and Aniket. Will go out tomorrow to search. Hope to find one.
By the way, do any of you have any contact number for stores at SP Road? I do not have any. And I am unable to find contact number of any HP World in Bangalore.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Call HP in any of these numbers-

1800 42 54 999 (From MTNL/ BSNL within India) OR 3030 4499 (Prefix city code when calling from mobile phone) and ask bout dealer location :)

HP - India | Contact HP - Phone assistance

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
At kormangla croma, i found one model, 6140tx with identical configuration as well as price as 6017tx - 1gb ddr5 6770 also.
Now this one is 61** series. So dont know if the problems of 6121 will be there or not. Are they common to any 61** series or with 2gb ddr5 6770?
Guys, any idea/suggestions?

Searched the whole of sp road for 6017 and it is not available.
So i have ordered from shopdekho.com with COD option.
Just that i will have to add another 4gb ram later.
By the way, has anybody ordered from them? Are they reliable as flipkart?

AhsanTheBest

Broken In
try installing old ati catalyst drivers....may be they have manual switching options....or maybe the new drivers are not compatible with 6121s gpu...

nishanth1234

Broken In
hey aniket just installed battle field bad company 2 on my 6121tx ( 8 gb ram) just like yours... on high settings i get 25-40fps and on medium about 40's-70's.
i thik your problem is that ur active power plan is "power saving" mode..try to change to "high performance".this worked for me in power saving i got horrible fps..but when i switched to high performance it worked fine..

The amd catalyst 11.7 drivers will hopefully fix these issues

aniket.cain

Padawan
hey aniket just installed battle field bad company 2 on my 6121tx ( 8 gb ram) just like yours... on high settings i get 25-40fps and on medium about 40's-70's.
i thik your problem is that ur active power plan is "power saving" mode..try to change to "high performance".this worked for me in power saving i got horrible fps..but when i switched to high performance it worked fine.
The amd catalyst 11.7 drivers will hopefully fix these issues

At "High", what do you set as AA, AF and HBAO? Any other gams of which you could provide fps?

Btw, my laptop is set to be at 'High Performance' all the time. Any other games that you play? And could you please post screenshots of GPU-Z on your system (while running some game on the background)?

Thanks...

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
Hi everyone. Coming to thinkdigit after a long time.

I am also looking for 6017tx but couldn't find it. Any suggestions from where to get it. I don't want to buy online. I live in bangalore.

Also should I consider 6121tx? I see it has some graphics problem. Also please tell me the price for 6121tx. I asked one HP seller he told me a price of 58k. And another one told mgr price of 56k. Guys please tell in wat price u all bought 6121tx.

I am living without a laptop. Old one got stolen and its really hard for me to live without o computer. :)

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Fun2sh, at sp road, 6121 was offered to me at 53k. Check once there.

what is power adapter coming with 6121? At flipkart it is mentioned at 65W !!!!

Machinehead

Broken In
At kormangla croma, i found one model, 6140tx with identical configuration as well as price as 6017tx - 1gb ddr5 6770 also.
Now this one is 61** series. So dont know if the problems of 6121 will be there or not. Are they common to any 61** series or with 2gb ddr5 6770?
Guys, any idea/suggestions?

Searched the whole of sp road for 6017 and it is not available.
So i have ordered from shopdekho.com with COD option.
Just that i will have to add another 4gb ram later.
By the way, has anybody ordered from them? Are they reliable as flipkart?

HEY Arsenal dude,
getting along with the forum quite a while now.

Ive ordered HP 6017 TX from shop dekho too..
guess we have to watch our backs now

when is your shipment due for?

FEED me when u get hold of the machine....

P>S I am GUNNER fan

Top Bottom