the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Congrats for your new Laptop :D
The drivers should be in laptop or come as a Dvd. Try running a game to see if it lags

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
just bought dv6 6121 tx a few hours back:smile:
this is my first ever laptop so i might ask some novice questions:cool:
should i download any drivers for 6770 graphics?..im not familiar with these hotfix stuffs so please enlighten :grin:

Drivers are already pre-installed so dont install them unless you are very sure about it.
If you play a game and it lags then there might be a need to install a hotfix

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Quick question.

I intend to format my laptop. Don't want to use HP's recovery disks as they will install crapware. How can I install vanilla Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit using my OEM key?

Edit: all right found the answer. I can use retail Windows 7 DVD and activate it with my OEM key. I might have to use phone activation though.

Last edited:

Samyukth

Broken In
hello everyone:smile:
just saw this discussion few days ago and so i signed up and thought of asking a few queries abt the dv6 machine...

what would be *approx* price of 6121tx?
does 6121tx include 8gig of ram initially?
what's its hard disk capacity?

and

can i customize 6017tx to atleast 750GB of space instead of 500GB?;-)

sachin99

Broken In
hello everyone:smile:
just saw this discussion few days ago and so i signed up and thought of asking a few queries abt the dv6 machine...

what would be *approx* price of 6121tx?
does 6121tx include 8gig of ram initially?
what's its hard disk capacity?

and

can i customize 6017tx to atleast 750GB of space instead of 500GB?;-)

approximate price is around 53k..
The configuration of 6121tx is exactly same as 6017tx.The difference is it has 640gb hard disk. 2gb 6770M graphics card.. And 612tx does not have 4gb ram.. But you can add another 4gb ram easily..
and about customisation atleast for now customization is not available in india..

cyanide911

Broken In
How well can it run Crysis (the first one) at 1080p? At highest settings. Playable FPS?
With an external FHD Display of course.

Last edited:

aniket.cain

Padawan
Hello everyone,

I'd like to raise the issue of GPU performance once again. I have been playing Assassin's Creed : Brotherhood, FEAR 3, Resident Evil 5, Battlefield Bad Company 2 and others, and I'm getting around 20-25 FPS in all of them at all settings at maximum. Crysis 1 crashes if I set AA to 8X. Crysis 2 was running better though. But the scores should be much better according to notebookcheck.net. Is everyone of you, specially the 6017TX owners, getting the same performance from their cards?

Thanks.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Try at slightly lower resolution like 1024x768 which should give you a performance boost :)

Its always better to run games in laptops lower than Native resolution :)

aniket.cain

Padawan
My query is different. It should berform much better according to all the sites I have seen. I just want to know if everybody is getting the same or not. Because it seems that there is some problem with some 6770M cards as reported on many forums. I have posted this problem before.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Which site have you seen?
Also use this software during gaming. It disable unnecessary services, etc
Game Booster 2.0 Free Download, Speed Up PC for Top Gaming Performance

CLick boost then open the game :D

aniket.cain

Padawan
It is some problem with the card's memory clock itself. It goes to a maximum of 216MHz even while running most GPU intensive tasks. And this problem is with almost eveyone having 6100 series laptops with 2GB 6770M. Those laptops which came with an option of manual switching of GPUs, could use an overclock utility to set the clock at default 800MHZ and then they saw quite a boost in the performance. But since we don't have that option of manual switching, we can't set the clock right. I have posted the problem a few pages back.
That's why I am asking the 6017 users about the frame rates they are getting.

Check this: *forum.notebookreview.com/hp-pavilion-notebooks/582641-gaming-oc-vs-stock-comparison-5.html#post7568629

And this: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks-tablets/140870-initial-impressions-hp-dv6-6017tx-9.html#post1426216

Last edited:

siddharth290

Broken In
Hello everyone,

I'd like to raise the issue of GPU performance once again. I have been playing Assassin's Creed : Brotherhood, FEAR 3, Resident Evil 5, Battlefield Bad Company 2 and others, and I'm getting around 20-25 FPS in all of them at all settings at maximum. Crysis 1 crashes if I set AA to 8X. Crysis 2 was running better though. But the scores should be much better according to notebookcheck.net. Is everyone of you, specially the 6017TX owners, getting the same performance from their cards?

Thanks.

I have been running crysis warhead which has the same game engine as crysis 1 at extreme settings with 8x anti aliasing at 25 fps on my hp dv6-6017tx(native resolution). All the other games run at much better fps.

Hello everyone,

Thanks.

I have been running crysis warhead which has the same game engine as crysis 1 at extreme settings with 8x anti aliasing at 25 fps on my hp dv6-6017tx(native resolution). All the other games run at much better fps.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Can anyone tell me the exact model of the wifi adapter in this notebook?
Can be found in device manager.

aniket.cain

Padawan
Ok. But what about other games? Eg, BF:BC2 gives me only 20-22 fps at all settings at max. CoD:Modern Warfare gave only 25-30 fps at max settings. Far Cry 2 gives 32 fps in the benchmark. And even an old game like CS:Source gives around 38fps in the benchmark test. Certainly it should perform much better.

siddharth290

Broken In
Ok. But what about other games? Eg, BF:BC2 gives me only 20-22 fps at all settings at max. CoD:Modern Warfare gave only 25-30 fps at max settings. Far Cry 2 gives 32 fps in the benchmark. And even an old game like CS:Source gives around 38fps in the benchmark test. Certainly it should perform much better.

Something is certainly wrong with your card.I play Team fortress 2 (which has the same game engine as that of cs source) at 120 fps with all the settings at max.

Do one thing..check if your HP cool sense is in Performance mode and not in the coolest mode.

Plus go to catalyst center and select high performance for the card during battery as well as during Plug-in.

aniket.cain

Padawan
Something is certainly wrong with your card.I play Team fortress 2 (which has the same game engine as that of cs source) at 120 fps with all the settings at max.

Do one thing..check if your HP cool sense is in Performance mode and not in the coolest mode.

Plus go to catalyst center and select high performance for the card during battery as well as during Plug-in.

I've tried everything and the problem still remains the same. Like I said, something is wrong with the card's memory clock. And the problem is not only mine. It is very prevalent among the HP DV6 laptops having 6770M GPU. Perhaps only with the 2GB version.

siddharth290

Broken In
Initial impressions - HP DV6-6017tx

I've tried everything and the problem still remains the same. Like I said, something is wrong with the card's memory clock. And the problem is not only mine. It is very prevalent among the HP DV6 laptops having 6770M GPU. Perhaps only with the 2GB version.

Well yeah maybe.cos I heard that the 2gb version is underpowered.

Reinstall Bios and try out.That might help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom