the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

siddharth290

Broken In
Hi guys i successfully overclocked the graphics card to 800/900 on my hp dv6 6017tx.

CHECK OUT MY WEI SCORE FOR GRAPHICS IN THE ENCLOSED ATTACHEMENT.
:cool::mrgreen::)):cool:

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
Hey, ishu is the GPU problem on 6121tx a hardware problem? or can it be solved with future driver upgrades?

siddharth290

Broken In
Can you tell us , How did you do that.. And also tell which software you used to overclock.?

I used MSI afterburner software and gradually increased the core clock and memory clock till it became stable.

check this site for more info
HOW TO: Enable UNOFFICIAL overclocking mode in MSI AfterBurner - Guru3D.com Forums

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
GPU problem is not going to affect all. And yes it can be solved via future driver upgrades. When - nobody knows. What is putting me off is I can not overclock the GPU in 6121, that is bad.

naveen.raptor

Broken In
Has anyone tried reinstalling win 7? I wud like to partition my hard disk.Shoud i download Win 7 and use my key or can i make the recovery disks and use them to reinstall with partitions?
And can someone suggest a good laptop cooler for gaming on my laptop.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Hii all!!
Finally my parents have decided to buy a new laptop.Initially I was blindly bent of 6017/6121TX .But it was out of stock and will arrive next week. But at dell store, a dell XPS 17 3D @ 85K caught my fancy and is well within my budget( 1 LACS if features justify).
Here are some queries:-
1.Which one has a better graphics card??HD 6770 vs GT555M?
2.How is the battery life of Dell??and does it get heated easily??
Is the price justified??I mean 30k for just a powerful processor and screen??

Thanks for the reply in advance. :)

siddharth290

Broken In
How is the in-game performance? What fps are you getting in crysis2 after overclocking

And you wont believe it, Witcher 2 plays at 30ish fps with everything turned on except for Ubersampling(with which I get only 15 fps though :p).

These numbers are stable and the temperature hardly crosses 75 degrees.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Hii all!!
Finally my parents have decided to buy a new laptop.Initially I was blindly bent of 6017/6121TX .But it was out of stock and will arrive next week. But at dell store, a dell XPS 17 3D @ 85K caught my fancy and is well within my budget( 1 LACS if features justify).

555M = 6770M

Dell has much better screen and speakers. Backlit KB, slightly better build quality, optionally a 7200rpm drive etc.
HP has i7 2630QM and you shouldn't get anything above that.

Battery life is similar and depends on your usage. Upto 5 hrs on a new laptop with a 6cell battery.

clinton

Blu For Life Hail Chelsea
Hii all!!

If u have a budget of a lac,try inquiring about the ASUS Gseries(G53/73) by calling them.My frnd got a G73 and its a great laptop,it has ATI 5870 gfx card,but the newer models come with the GTX 460M cards.

ashh

Broken In
i have 6121tx...

@aniket

i have used fraps, hp cool sense was on all the time(no turbo boost), have run all these games at 1366x768 and ran the benchmark for more than 30 mins.
all are avg fps at 8xAA ,16xAF,vsync on and max gfx
1.cod MW 2(4x AA)-57fps
2.cod Bops-50-60fps
3.Resident Evil 5-46fps
4.just cause 2(4x AA, 16xAF,default settings)-37fps
5.Red Faction Armaggeddon-26fps
6.crysis 2(hardcore settings,vsync on)-25fps

@6017tx owner
are these fps same as in 6017tx??

and i have a problem?? whenever i run games that use DX10 and 11 i dont get fullscreen(there is black strip along right hand hight & and alt+enter gives windowed mode) but same games run in fullscreen in DX9 exe.(eg dirt3,ResidentEvil5,just cause 2, RFarmaggeddon)

does anybody else have a similar problem??
is there any solution??
any help is appreciated...

apoorv1in

Right off the assembly line
inally HP admits that there is a problem
Official HP statement on Switchable Graphics and Open GL Fun... - HP Support Forum

AhsanTheBest

Broken In
hey in my 6121, nfs most wanted does not run in full grfx. shadow detail is disabled....what is wrong...in pc i have an nvidia 6200 card. shadow details are enabled in my pc... pls help

Last edited:
Top Bottom