the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

aniket.cain

Padawan
My battery's wear level is at 7 %.is it normal?

U'r fully charged capacity is even higher than designed capacity.My batterys wear level is 7%.Whats u'r usage pattern?I usually charge it fully and use the laptop.also at times i use it while its being charged.

I was also quite surprised to see that the design capacity of my battery(55080mAh) was higher than yours (5060mAh). A wear level of 7-8% in this early stage is quite high. I remember that my last Thinkpad had a wear level of only 28% after 4 years of usage (yes, that is quite unbelievable).

My laptop is turned on for more than 10 hours per day. It is much more on weekends. However, it is on mains supply most of the time and I seldom run the laptop on batteries. There might be chances of overcharging, but it is good so far. Like I posted previously, I was able to watch 2 movies back to back one night, totaling 4 hours 10 minutes, with 16% of charge still left.

evil_maverick

Journeyman
Hey every1,m having a little problem with my 6017tx,
i have been trying to copy avi files from dvds to my hdd but it takes a lot of time to do so...on an average am getting copy speeds of around 6 MBPS and max of around 11 MBPS..some dvds wont even copy at speeds more than 2!! but the same dvd when copied on my desktop goes upto around 15 to 19 MBPS!! plz help!!
:(

I want to buy Hp pavilion fv6-6017tx....

But it is not available in my city anywhere...

They say the company has discontinued this product...

I cant buy 6121tx (its out of my budget)

Plss help

cosmocranium

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys! This is my first post on this forum. I am kinda confused between Hp DV6 -6017tx and Vaio VPC CB15. I love everything about the beast from HP lineup but only thing i dont know about it is the screen. The one in Vaio is 1080p. Is the screen on the hp(i know its not FHD) good enough? I mean the sharpness, saturation of colors etc. I also miss the backlit keyboard on DV6!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
cosmocranium said:
Hey guys! This is my first post on this forum. I am kinda confused between Hp DV6 -6017tx and Vaio VPC CB15. I love everything about the beast from HP lineup but only thing i dont know about it is the screen. The one in Vaio is 1080p. Is the screen on the hp(i know its not FHD) good enough? I mean the sharpness, saturation of colors etc. I also miss the backlit keyboard on DV6!

Hello. Welcome to Think Digit Forum

The Dell XPS is a great laptop for 50k. You can even customise it and add a backlit keyboard.

BTW, whats your MAX budget?

cosmocranium

Hello. Welcome to Think Digit Forum

The Dell XPS is a great laptop for 50k. You can even customise it and add a backlit keyboard.

BTW, whats your MAX budget?

My maximum budget is 55k. But it would be nice to get a deal around 53 as i would be able to save some for a Cowon j3 that i am also planning to buy. Dell is not an option as with the standard screen, dell cant stand up to the DV6 in terms of specs. And adding the HD screen will set me back by 6k. So i am just considering the vaio cb15 and the HP beast(DV6:smile:) Thanks for the response bro!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I wasnt able to find exact config of Dv6 you mentioned. can you post it?

Here is the Xps config :D

XPS 15 with gt 540m 2 gb vRAM

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (English)
2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2410M processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz
McAfee(R) Security Center - 30 Days Trial Version
15.6" (39.6cm) HD (1366x768) WLED display with TrueLife™
6GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (1 x 2GB + 1 x 4GB)
500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
Tray Load 8X DVD+/-RW Drive with DVD+R double layer write capability
2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M graphics with Optimus
6 Cell Primary Battery
Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 with Bluetooth v3.0+HS
Dell™ Standard Keyboard (English)

costs- Rs54,605
The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

This laptop is in stock at this site

Hp Pavilion Dv6 Series Dv6-6017tx (bronze Metal) | Hp Pavilion Dv6 Series Dv6-6017tx (bronze Metal) Price in India | Hp Pavilion Dv6 Series Dv6-6017tx (bronze Metal) Review | Buy Hp Pavilion Dv6 Series Dv6-6017tx (bronze Metal) | ShopDekho.com

Should I buy this online???(I dont do that normally)

How will be the after sale service given ??

How will they give warranty/guaranty ???

Pls help

cosmocranium

I wasnt able to find exact config of Dv6 you mentioned. can you post it?

Here is the Xps config :D

XPS 15 with gt 540m 2 gb vRAM

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (English)
2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2410M processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz
McAfee(R) Security Center - 30 Days Trial Version
15.6" (39.6cm) HD (1366x768) WLED display with TrueLife™
6GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (1 x 2GB + 1 x 4GB)
500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
Tray Load 8X DVD+/-RW Drive with DVD+R double layer write capability
2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M graphics with Optimus
6 Cell Primary Battery
Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 with Bluetooth v3.0+HS
Dell™ Standard Keyboard (English)

costs- Rs54,605
The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

I was referring to the DV6 6017tx which the thread is about. The dell u suggested at that price doesnt come with the i7 processor and the Radeon hd 6770m which make the 6017tx unbeatable. I just wanna make sure that the screen is colorful and bright enough. Can u tell how does it compare to the standard dell screen which isnt good as per what i've read about it so far?

cyanide911

Broken In
What color is your laptop OP? HP Laptop says the 6017tx is available only in"Dark Umber Metal Finish" but many websites are selling a "Bronze Metal" color.
Any idea if these two colors are the same? Which one is yours?

Last edited:

Hp Pavilion Dv6 Series Dv6-6017tx (bronze Metal) | Hp Pavilion Dv6 Series Dv6-6017tx (bronze Metal) Price in India | Hp Pavilion Dv6 Series Dv6-6017tx (bronze Metal) Review | Buy Hp Pavilion Dv6 Series Dv6-6017tx (bronze Metal) | ShopDekho.com

Pls help

Why does HP indian site does'nt give an option to customize Laptops? How much is the cost of HP Dv6t QE(Quad Edition) in local market? Is it even launched? It has got the following specifications

1) CPU: Intel Core i7 QC2630 (Quad Core)
2) Display: 1920 X 1080 resolution

evil_maverick

Journeyman
Hey every1,m having a little problem with my 6017tx,
i have been trying to copy avi files from dvds to my hdd but it takes a lot of time to do so...on an average am getting copy speeds of around 6 MBPS and max of around 11 MBPS..some dvds wont even copy at speeds more than 2!! but the same dvd when copied on my desktop goes upto around 15 to 19 MBPS!! plz help!!
:(

plzz a lil help!!
:???:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
but since I have a Belkin cooling pad mine was a bit better...

how much does this cost?

.does it shutdown on heating?

please answer this

My friend is trying to make a decision between a 66k XPS 15 with GT540 and i7 and a FHD screen, and HP DV6 for 52k.

Pls help

Help me here

cyanide911

Broken In
Help me here

I've bought mine online too.

They'll give you a proper bill, don't worry. The warranty will be handled by the company (HP) not the person who sells it to you. So as long as you have the original bill with you, HP will provide you the warranty. Same with after sales service.
Just like when you buy it from a normal physical shop

Thanks Cyanide911 ....
If there is a problem with my laptop then where Should I go ??

Sorry for asking such questions ...but I am afraid

Ruthra kumar

Broken In
just bought dv6 6121 tx a few hours back:smile:
this is my first ever laptop so i might ask some novice questions:cool:
should i download any drivers for 6770 graphics?..im not familiar with these hotfix stuffs so please enlighten :grin:

Top Bottom