the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

aniket.cain

Padawan
Still cant find the option to switch GPU :sad::sad: . When I click on 'Configure Switchable Graphics'. I get the following screen:

*www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/232b0f96a2.png

Please help guys!!

Yes, that is what you should get. There is no option of manual switching. You can only select the mode in which an application is to be run, and the CCC will automatically use the GPU required for that program.

Shashank_PEC

Right off the assembly line
Yes, that is what you should get. There is no option of manual switching. You can only select the mode in which an application is to be run, and the CCC will automatically use the GPU required for that program.

Thanks Aniket. I have another question guys. Is there a way to check which GPU is active ??

amirtaraj

Broken In
No difference between the two except for the HDD size, and the increased VRAM. The colour is deep chocolate brown, almost like the colour of coffee beans (check the pics posted on the beginning pages of this thread). I believe the 6017tx is no longer available at most stores, at least not at stores i checked.

Thank you for clearing my doubt will enquire in shop about exact pricing and planning to get one next month..........:razz:

Any idea about when or will they launch the 1080p screen dv6 in India.....? also in US site there is a new steel (grey silver colour) available so will they get here.....?also bluray? why dont we get all these here they should have bring in a varient with all these and a i7 2820 processor.......may be i am spoilt after visiting US site.....:)

vinwins

Pics uploaded on second page...
Just brought HP DV6-6017tx a few hours back, initial impressions -

1. Haven't installed any games 'YET', so cant comment on the heating issues, but still for those still anxious, till now the heat up has been acceptable considering an i7 machine...

2. It looks really sexy, compact and slim compared to XPS15 as i had both of them in front of me while deciding...

3. Best part was that i did not have to wait 13-15 days for delivery like in the case of XPS15, was ready in stalk so got it instantly !

4. The display is good if not the best but still the best sub 1080p i have seen.

5. The sound quality is good but not in the league of XPS15, but still if XPS has the best sound, DV6 is only in the second spot !

6. Got it for 53K while the same config for XPS was going 60k+, so defiantly a great deal.

Thats it for now i guess, bak to my new love ;)

Here is a list of all the proud owners of HP Pavilion DV6-6017TX:
1. Rachit Mahule(rachitboom2)
2. Prashant Gupta(marvelousprashant)
3. evil_maverick
4. Junaid

PS :- DEFIANTLY WORTH THE MONEY AND RECOMMENDED !!!

PS2 :- Guys please go through this whole thread before mailing me with your queries, I am happy that I am helping, but its just that I have answered all those questions here already so its a bit frustrating answering them again and again...

i wanna buy hp dv6-6121tx. Is it available in hp shops???
and by the way, i have read igyaan review on it. It says that it shows heating problem in non-ac room.
Link:HP Pavilion DV6 6017tx Core i7 Laptop Full Review, Price, Specifications, Benchmark

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
nishanth1234 said:
hey i tried dirt 3 runs fine on high settings with average of 22fps on 6121tx ( 8 gb ram)
What resolution? Anti-aliasing on?
vinwins said:
i wanna buy hp dv6-6121tx. Is it available in hp shops???
and by the way, i have read igyaan review on it. It says that it shows heating problem in non-ac room.
Link:HP Pavilion DV6 6017tx Core i7 Laptop Full Review, Price, Specifications, Benchmark
It should be availabe of leading HP showrooms.
BTW, you want to buy a 6121 tx, but the link you gave is for 6017 TX....??
:confused:

devilsalive

Broken In
bought this one (dv6-6121tx) yesterday from ranchi at 53.8k , got a titan voucher worth 2k free with it. :smile:
a bit of flex in the keyboard else no problem.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
^^
can you please let me know about the dealer??i am also from ranchi and planning to get this laptop.also please elaborate what you mean by flex in keyboard.
P.S.-kindly ignore my silly query on keyboard as I have been a desktop user till date.

Last edited:

devilsalive

Broken In
^^
can you please let me know about the dealer??i am also from ranchi and planning to get this laptop.also please elaborate what you mean by flex in keyboard.
P.S.-kindly ignore my silly query on keyboard as I have been a desktop user till date.

got it from lavision (sainik market). its a bit of creeking sound that comes when i press the direction key (> )and numpad key (0). else the keyboard is fine.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
heartiest congratulations for the device!!
did the dealer offer you that scheme and price himself or did you bargain hard??i'm asking this because other dealers are quoting 54k for 6017tx and 56k for 6121tx without any such offer...didnt give la vision a chance though.!!

vehlaman1

Hey people. Been following this thread for some time now, some good discussion going on here.
I've been wanting to buy this laptop (first 6017tx but now have to go for 6121tx) but couldn't buy it because the dealers say that extended warranty is not available which is really important to convince my parents.
So could anyone please tell me if they bought it with extended warranty or that the warranty will become available in the future?
Thanks anyway to all the people who posted in this thread.

sachin99

Broken In
Hey people. Been following this thread for some time now, some good discussion going on here.
I've been wanting to buy this laptop (first 6017tx but now have to go for 6121tx) but couldn't buy it because the dealers say that extended warranty is not available which is really important to convince my parents.
So could anyone please tell me if they bought it with extended warranty or that the warranty will become available in the future?
Thanks anyway to all the people who posted in this thread.

All of us have got one year warranty.. Actually in india the extended warranty is not available with hp laptops till now.. In US its available.. If you want a laptop with extended warranty go for dell.. Or if you want vfm then buy hp..

naveen.raptor

Broken In
My dv6 6121TX battery maximum charge is dropping day by day,as shown in battery meter.At first,when i bought it,it was 5060mAh.Now its 4782 mAh.Is it normal?Can other owners post their battery ratings?And what is the battery life you all get?

devilsalive

Broken In
heartiest congratulations for the device!!
did the dealer offer you that scheme and price himself or did you bargain hard??i'm asking this because other dealers are quoting 54k for 6017tx and 56k for 6121tx without any such offer...didnt give la vision a chance though.!!

yeah he initially quoted me the price of 56k,but then agreed on 53.8.

@ forum members.
how to get fullscreen in games that hv lower or non native resolution.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
My dv6 6121TX battery maximum charge is dropping day by day,as shown in battery meter.At first,when i bought it,it was 5060mAh.Now its 4782 mAh.Is it normal?Can other owners post their battery ratings?And what is the battery life you all get?

I have a similar problem. My battery wear is 8% although I have never overcharged it

aniket.cain

Padawan
How do you check your battery status? I just checked mine using CPUID and HWInfo, and the results are as follows:

*farm6.static.flickr.com/5188/5885677940_400e81bf89_z.jpg

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6033/5885678114_8d666946cd_b.jpg

naveen.raptor

Broken In
My battery's wear level is at 7 %.is it normal?

How do you check your battery status? I just checked mine using CPUID and HWInfo, and the results are as follows:

*farm6.static.flickr.com/5188/5885677940_400e81bf89_z.jpg

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6033/5885678114_8d666946cd_b.jpg

U'r fully charged capacity is even higher than designed capacity.My batterys wear level is 7%.Whats u'r usage pattern?I usually charge it fully and use the laptop.also at times i use it while its being charged.

shankyj

Guys, I bought HP 6017tx 2 days back only and got few things along with it
-> HP Optical Mouse
-> HP Headphone
-> Cleaning Kit
-> HP Laptop Bag (Its different that back pack)
-> Key guard
@53K

Till now I have used it for movies and entertainment (not for games yet) but I didn't find any heating problem with it.

Top Bottom