Tekfusion Twinwoofers - A Complete Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

trublu

Ta da !
Received the Twinwoofers today. The package is quite nice, and I was happy with everything... until I tried to change the flanges. The right earpiece split into two :x . Initially I thought I'll make do with what I've got, as the earphones sound (almost) good out of the package. But when I took the earphones out of my ear, the right earpiece again fell apart. :shock:

I have put the contents back into the package, and have written to Flipkart. Waiting for their reply.

First bitter experience with Flipkart. :-?

UPDATE : Got a call from Flipkart a while back. They said they'll send a replacement in 6-8 business days and will collect the defective one. But the guy asked me, " Are you using the twinwoofers with mobile phone or anything else. 'coz these are compatible with mobiles only." I was like, WT* does that have to do with a broken earpiece ????

Last edited:
OP
audiophilic

audiophilic

Journeyman
Received the Twinwoofers today. The package is quite nice, and I was happy with everything... until I tried to change the flanges. The right earpiece split into two :x . Initially I thought I'll make do with what I've got, as the earphones sound (almost) out of the package. But when I took the earphones out of my ear, the right earpiece again fell apart. :shock:

I have put the contents back into the package, and have written to Flipkart. Waiting for their reply.

First bitter experience with Flipkart. :-?

UPDATE : Got a call from Flipkart a while back. They said they'll send a replacement in 6-8 business days and will collect the defective one. But the guy asked me, " Are you using the twinwoofers with mobile phone or anything else. 'coz these are compatible with mobiles only." I was like, WT* does that have to do with a broken earpiece ????

hehe... this things do happen at times. This exact thing had happened to me one time with full metal jackets which i bought long ago. Hope you don't go to the gym too often, you might start handling the damn thing like a t-bar row and call it an accident :D :cool:

I think that Flipkart guy was drunk or somethin man! What does he mean by 'compatible with mobiles only'? Maybe he's watching too much of cartoon! hehe. But have to say one thing... Flipkart is always the best nomatter what they say!

Hrishi

Well , I read the overwhelming positive reviews at flipkart and thinkdigit , and bought it.

Had ordered on 18th june and received it on 21st june.
I had never used a pair of IEm before , so this was my first experience.

Burn-in thing seemed a joke to me , since I had done it earlier on my previous set of Middle range phillips and sony over the ear and earhook earphones noticing near zero shift in audio output.

Anyways , this time I was a little surprised after noticing a considerable improvement in sound quality after ~20 hours of music listening and burn-in.

I think the reviews are pretty much factual however , the build quality and comfort has really been an issue for me in concern with TW's.

One day ,By mistake I slept having this pair plugged into my ears for around 5-6 hours with medium level of sound output.

Yesterday , I noticed little bit of swelling in my right ear , along with a little malfunctioning of the right-side ear piece. It appears to produce a gushing sound while inserting into both side of my ears.Left side ear piece is absolutely perfect though.

I was wondering what is causing this sound , its pretty clean and tried with various ear buds.

Should I ask for replacement ?? Btw , when I ordered it , price was 1150INr and now it has bounced to 1350 INR.!! :p

OP
audiophilic

audiophilic

Journeyman
Well , I read the overwhelming positive reviews at flipkart and thinkdigit , and bought it.

Had ordered on 18th june and received it on 21st june.
I had never used a pair of IEm before , so this was my first experience.

Burn-in thing seemed a joke to me , since I had done it earlier on my previous set of Middle range phillips and sony over the ear and earhook earphones noticing near zero shift in audio output.

Anyways , this time I was a little surprised after noticing a considerable improvement in sound quality after ~20 hours of music listening and burn-in.

I think the reviews are pretty much factual however , the build quality and comfort has really been an issue for me in concern with TW's.

One day ,By mistake I slept having this pair plugged into my ears for around 5-6 hours with medium level of sound output.

Yesterday , I noticed little bit of swelling in my right ear , along with a little malfunctioning of the right-side ear piece. It appears to produce a gushing sound while inserting into both side of my ears.Left side ear piece is absolutely perfect though.

I was wondering what is causing this sound , its pretty clean and tried with various ear buds.

Should I ask for replacement ?? Btw , when I ordered it , price was 1150INr and now it has bounced to 1350 INR.!! :p

Come on man! Seems you got lost into the music until you slept! Hehe. This is obvious with TW. Thats why i prefer sleeping facing straight while listening to my music, you gotta be careful with your audio gear. Earphones are generally very fragile things btw :D

I prefer keeping this things very extremely carefully. The pouch given is so awesome, i like to wrap them round and put in the TW pouch. Cool for protection and stuff!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
that gushing sound might be driver flex, nothing to worry about. It varies with the tips you use.

Hrishi

Come on man! Seems you got lost into the music until you slept! Hehe. This is obvious with TW. Thats why i prefer sleeping facing straight while listening to my music, you gotta be careful with your audio gear. Earphones are generally very fragile things btw :D

I prefer keeping this things very extremely carefully. The pouch given is so awesome, i like to wrap them round and put in the TW pouch. Cool for protection and stuff!

Haha ......I can't resist sleeping with such pleasant music flowing through my ears.

Btw , Is it okay for new IEM users to feel a little uncomfotable wearing them ??
I think , I developed Zist/pimple just outside the ear canal , and now its really painful for me to use IEMs now.

Though the TW's are awesome for their price tag , and has a lot to offer.A little comfortable design would have added more to its worth.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
that gushing sound might be driver flex, nothing to worry about. It varies with the tips you use.

Oh , okay .
.Btw , are there any chances for them to go away in near future , cause they produce crackling sounds whenever they are touched ,moved or inserted into ear.
Although It doesnt' seems to happen when playing music.

aniketk

Right off the assembly line
I am planning to buy twinwoofers but I came across this :

Tekfusion - Twinwoofers In-Ear Headphones Scam ? - DesiDime, India's Shopping Community for Best Deals

Im totally confused! Also, its the only headphone on flipkart having 500 five star ratings in such a short time. How is that even possible? Many ppl claim that the reviews are fake.

Please enlighten me.

Apocalyp5e

Broken In
I am planning to buy twinwoofers but I came across this :

Tekfusion - Twinwoofers In-Ear Headphones Scam ? - DesiDime, India's Shopping Community for Best Deals

Im totally confused! Also, its the only headphone on flipkart having 500 five star ratings in such a short time. How is that even possible? Many ppl claim that the reviews are fake.

Please enlighten me.

yeah even I am confused....

really no offense to audiophilic but following stats makes this review a bit unreliable

Total Posts

specially after reading tekfusion-twinwoofers-in-ear-headphones-scam

red dragon

Master troll
I bought one from flipkart after reading those reviews,and boy!!they are terrible!!
No offence to op,but there is absolutely nothing special in them.
Agreed they are dirt cheap,but God knows why exactly it is so popular!
The mid range is recessed like hell,highs are okayish at best,bass is absolutely garbage.Even crappy iem like Klipsch S4/Bose iems have more refined bass.
The soundstage is not only narrow but damn claustrophobic!
I know it should not compared with TF10 ,IE7 or SM3,but those rave reviews made me do that and I am thoroughly disappointed.

Last edited:

Apocalyp5e

Broken In
I bought one from flipkart after reading those reviews,and boy!!they are terrible!!
The mid range is recessed like hell,highs are okayish at best,bass is absolutely garbage.Even crappy iem like Klipsch S4/Bose iems have more refined bass.
I know it should not compared with TF10 ,IE7 or SM3,but those rave reviews made me do that and I am thoroughly disappointed.

Thanks a lot for clearing this up!!!

aniketk

@Red Dragon: I completely trust what you're saying by looking at your profile if you know what I mean.

Thanks a lot! Think I finally know what to do now. NOT TO BUY these!

After a lot of research, I noticed that tekfusion, a recently launched company is putting efforts in creating a hype about their ONLY product in the market. This is called viral marketing done to fool people.

really no offense to audiophilic but following stats makes this review a bit unreliable

Total Posts

Exactly what I thought after reading the review.

C'mon ppl! Just think a bit, a recently launched Bangalore company having a single product.. Suddenly 100s of ppl claim that it beats bigger brands like sony and even sennheiser?!

This is pure viral marketing and fake reviews on flipkart and many other sites. Dont fall for this.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker

red dragon, it was only after your recommendation that i didn't buy an M50 and bought a D1100 instead, and i was glad to do so (although i haven't listened to M50 ever)! i was on the verge of buying these IEMs, but now won't, unless i have surplus cash to be burnt for testing these :D
and anyway am gradually losing my interest in IEMs and headphones (going to sell off the D1100 soon).

aniketk

Have you gone through couple of posts made above ???

Exactly. He made a mistake. If he finds the headphones awesome, then its only because he thinks they are but actually they are crap. Its all because of the fake reviews. Today itself I checked them out as my friend bought them out of curiosity. Now he regrets it. They suck! Even the 300-500 rs headphones from brands like Panasonic and Philips are way too good compared to the twinwoofers.. Hope this makes it clear.

PS: Dont buy them people! Its a trap!!

aniketk

Btw, you can cancel your order from flipkart and have the amount transferred to your flipkart wallet.

trublu

Ta da !
@aniketk : I don't understand why you are so hell-bent on persuading people not to buy the Twinwoofers. I ordered these after reading the review, and frankly speaking, although they are not out-of-the-world, they are not so bad either. The quality has definitely improved a lot after I did the burn-in ( albeit for 4 hours only :D ). And after reading all your posts, it seems as if it's your job to contradict what the person above you has posted.

And let me make it clear, I'm not supporting audiophillic (or anyone else who sings praises for the Twinwoofers).

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
today i had a conversation with a forum-member, who said he has listened to these IEMs purchased by a friend of his, and which are properly burnt-in for more than 100 hrs. the FM is of the view that the bass is very good, vocals are not muddy, and the SQ is very clear, and he could say that these are one of the best IEMs under INR 1500, and these DO require a good burn-in period.

now here's more confusion for prospective buyers :-?

aniketk

@aniketk : I don't understand why you are so hell-bent on persuading people not to buy the Twinwoofers. I ordered these after reading the review, and frankly speaking, although they are not out-of-the-world, they are not so bad either. The quality has definitely improved a lot after I did the burn-in ( albeit for 4 hours only :D ). And after reading all your posts, it seems as if it's your job to contradict what the person above you has posted.

And let me make it clear, I'm not supporting audiophillic (or anyone else who sings praises for the Twinwoofers).

It seems that way coz I was expecting a lot better than they are after reading this review and all the reviews, just like red dragon was. They are just like any other normal headphones. And I assure you that im not hired for any kind of job :).

Its just that I dont want people to buy it and waste their money. Its upto them afterall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom