Tekfusion Twinwoofers - A Complete Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

trublu

Ta da !
I agree with you, these sound pretty average out-of-the-box, but once you burn them properly..their performance improves dramatically. My opinion- not the best, but not the worst either.

P.S I'm really pleased with how the vocals turn out in these IEMs.

tkin

Back to school!!
Those who claim that these are the best iem under 1.5k clearly never tried the soundmagic PL30 which costs 1.5k at smcinternational and local stores, fk has jacked up soundmagic prices to sell more twinwoofers.

aniketk

Right off the assembly line
Those who claim that these are the best iem under 1.5k clearly never tried the soundmagic PL30 which costs 1.5k at smcinternational and local stores, fk has jacked up soundmagic prices to sell more twinwoofers.

I just checked on smcinternational PL30 costs 1800 rs :(

Hrishi

I agree with you, these sound pretty average out-of-the-box, but once you burn them properly..their performance improves dramatically. My opinion- not the best, but not the worst either.

P.S I'm really pleased with how the vocals turn out in these IEMs.

I second what trublu said. Very much in agreement with that statement.

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
I don't know whether the earphones are good or bad(I postponed my purchase) but they sure as hell have created much confusion in all the tech community :-D

OP
audiophilic

audiophilic

Journeyman
Don't listen to haters. Haters can hate everything in this world, even the most outstanding things like in life, have been hated by so many people.

I just have one thing to say:

HATERS, PLEASE STOP SPAMMING THIS THREAD. GO HATE ELSEWHERE.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am planning to buy twinwoofers but I came across this :

Tekfusion - Twinwoofers In-Ear Headphones Scam ? - DesiDime, India's Shopping Community for Best Deals

Im totally confused! Also, its the only headphone on flipkart having 500 five star ratings in such a short time. How is that even possible? Many ppl claim that the reviews are fake.

Please enlighten me.
Personally speaking, I won't be trusting anyone WHO TYPES IN ALL CAPS (your link) and I won't be trusting Flipkart "reviews" either as people on Flipkart are stupid.

If you want to buy this IEM, you're free to ask questions. You've tried out the IEM and you didn't like it, you're free to mention your experience here.

But stuff like "SCAM" is a pretty serious allegation.

If you have experienced these, only then you can judge properly. From your posts, I don't think you've tried these out.

Ultimately - they might be bad / they might not be good / they might be okay / they might be great / or simply a great buy under Rs. 1500. Constructive and solid opinions after experience hold true weight.

Don't derail this thread any further.

Hrishi

Well unfortunately my Tekfusion TW's started malfunctioning today.
The left ear piece seems to be knocked out of voice. I can't hear anything from it.The right one is working fine. No physical damage , checked everything. In fact took utmost care of it.
Is there any replacement I can ask for from Flipkart ? and how much time will it take to get a new pair ? DO I have to manually ship the defected IEM ? Btw , is it mandatory to have all the box and packaging materials that I received from Flipkart originally.
:(

trublu

Ta da !
@Rishi : You need to call/email them mentioning the exact problem you are facing.

email : cs [@] flipkart.com ( verify this, I'm not 100% sure).

you will get a call from their cust. care. They should send you a replacement in 5-6 business days.

Regarding your query about box/materials, here's the thing : I kept everything carefully, even applied duct tape generously to make it look new, but when the flipkart guy came to give me the new set ( and take the old ones), he literally r*p*d the packaging of the old one :D

Hrishi

@Rishi : You need to call/email them mentioning the exact problem you are facing.

email : cs [@] flipkart.com ( verify this, I'm not 100% sure).

you will get a call from their cust. care. They should send you a replacement in 5-6 business days.

Regarding your query about box/materials, here's the thing : I kept everything carefully, even applied duct tape generously to make it look new, but when the flipkart guy came to give me the new set ( and take the old ones), he literally r*p*d the packaging of the old one :D

Thanks for the information trublu.

I called their 24x7 customer care and stated my issue to the guy handling my call. He assured me that it will be replaced and the defective unit will be picked up by them right at time of delivery.
He also said me that he has created a new order for it , and I might be getting a call from their technical dept. in next 24 hours. I hope they are willing to send a replacement soon , btw is there any way we can track down replacement order , somehow , just like the normal orders ??
Btw , I found all the boxes and flipkart package cover in good state.Have sealed packed them. But sad to hear that it will be ripped off.

DO you know what the worst part is , which is kinda hard to digest for me ?
Its the fact that I will have to burn them again at the specified frequencies for better output. :( Dam9.

cyanide911

Broken In
How are these comfort wise? I'll be running a lot while wearing these so comfort is pretty important. Are the E30s any better (again, comfort wise).

Hrishi

Cyanide911 , I dont thing it will be any good while running or doing anything sporty.For that purpose I would recommend for some earhook earphones.

//
I received the replacement pair yesterday.The new pair has driver flex issue in both side , right from beginning.
But anyways this time the quality seems to be better than previous one. IDK why , maybe previous one was defective.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I gifted a set to my father 4 months ago and he never used it :p he says its too loud :(..

I took these today to my office and used it for about 2 hrs.. Amazing clarity and "thump" .. from now on I am keeping it with me :p

I was using my stock samsung mobile earphones till now, and used the twinwoofers just today, I could hear every small details which I never heard before on my fav songs.. now wonder Twinwoofers is highly recommended here :)

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
I gifted a set to my father 4 months ago and he never used it :p he says its too loud :(..

I took these today to my office and used it for about 2 hrs.. Amazing clarity and "thump" .. from now on I am keeping it with me :p

I was using my stock samsung mobile earphones till now, and used the twinwoofers just today, I could hear every small details which I never heard before on my fav songs.. now wonder Twinwoofers is highly recommended here :)

could you let us know the estimated no. of hours for which the IEMs might've been burnt-in? some say that they really shine only after being properly burnt-in.

trublu

Ta da !
40-50 hours is what the general recommendation is. I burnt them for only 4-5 hours :p and I'm getting amazing results with that :D

Listen to "Yaarian - Cocktail" on these..the beginning "Thhump" is just awesome !

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
could you let us know the estimated no. of hours for which the IEMs might've been burnt-in? some say that they really shine only after being properly burnt-in.

im not sure, only recently I noticed my dad was not using it . :( may be he just used it for 10-20 hrs in the last 4 months :| ,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom