Tekfusion Twinwoofers - A Complete Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

audiophilic

Journeyman
HERE IS MY FULL REVIEW ON THE TEKFUSION TWINWOOFERS

Note: I'm not much of a reviewer, but i had to review these In-Ear Headphones because they are so special to me, and to my collection, so couldn't resist but give you guys some of my views. Hope you like it. Also, if you don't like my review, forgive me for taking your time but i think you won't :mrgreen:

INTRO

Tekfusion Twinwoofers is a brand new player in the world of Acoustics. Note that Tekfusion is an Indian Brand, and that it is a very serious & promising brand as such, and I’ll tell you in a moment the reasons why I would go for Tekfusion Twinwoofers, in comparison to most other IEMs in this price range, and why they have a sonic signature like no other Earphones I’ve heard.

Before I continue, I want to list the earphones I’ve experimented and heard:

1. Sennheiser CX series
2. iBeats
3. Klipsch s series
4. Bose IE series
5. Skullcandy
6. The apple In-Ear phones

I will be rating Twinwoofers on a scale of 5, in comparison to others.

Box Contents:

Twinwoofers In-Ear Hedphones
5 pair of Eartips - 3 pair regular S/M/L, and 2 pair Tripple flange – M/L
Clip & Cable Slider
Carry Pouch
Manual

Technical details (copied from tekfusiontechnologies.com):

Frequency Response : 19-21 KHz
Impedance : 16 Ohms
Pressure Level : 113 dB
Net Weight : 30g (1.06Oz)
Color : Black Chrome
Cable Length : 1.1m
Cable Type : Symmetric
1 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty

PICTURES (Some shots from Flickr - My Camera is Actually Broken) :-D

[IMG MISSING]

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7197/6846179584_d5870bd2a4.jpg

BUILD QUALITY

Okay, once you unbox a pair of these, the very first thing you’ll notice is their weight. They are not as heavy as claimed. They are pretty light-weight but pretty tough. They are fully metal made, and have partial gloss and partial matte finish – a thing of beauty :) . They are absolutely beautiful and well crafted. It is absolutely true; that they look breath taking.

Below each earpiece is a strain relief that separates the drivers from their cables. This protects them from breaking at the joints I guess. The Y splitter is compact, and surprisingly small in size. There is a cable slider and clip you can use from this point. Great stuff :D

Coming to the plug – they have 3.5mm gold coated connector, and the plug is not right angled. This may be a red flag for the right angle plug lovers :D
The cable is all rubber, and not tangle free which could a concern for some, but with me, the sound is more of a reason why I chose these. Anyway, the cable is pretty high quality when you feel it with your hands, you can very easily tell.

Build Quality Rating: 4.5/5

Cons for build quality - Non-tangle free cable & Non-right angle plug

COMFORT

Eartips

The silicon eartips provided are extremely comforting to the ear canals, and you can keep listening for hours without noticing something is in your ears. I personally find the smallest pairs of eartips my best pet. I would say I don’t use the others at all, mostly because I’m not used to triple flange, because they have to be deeply inserted and I find this uncomfortable. So, with enough eartips, you get definitely get some that fits you best! So, you get to choose from 5 pairs, which is pretty great.

Wearing comfort

I would say there is something special about their housing. If you note well, their hourglass shape and body is built to rest at the endings of your ears, and this makes them pretty good for medium to large ears, rather than extremely small ears. So if your ears are too small, these aren’t designed for you! Haha just kidding! My sister has small ears but she finds them comforting.

Here’s a tip that will allow you to freely move your head while listening: They come with a handy clip that you can attach to your shirt or top, closer to your head. You can also manage the cable easily with slider.

Noise Isolation

Someone on Flipkart gave these earphones a 3/10 because there is an extremely good cancellation of noise that he was confused what to do! Well, I couldn’t describe noise isolation in any other way hehe. Very good noise cancellation. You can easily get away with noises such as heavy traffic and flight noise.

Comfort Rating: 5/5

SOUND QUALITY

The biggest and most probably the only reason why I bought these is because of their sound signature. I personally proof tested the already burned earphones at a physical store before I purchased them, just to ensure I’m getting it right! Here’s how I would describe them in one sentence:
“Impactful and boomey bass with exceptional sound clarity”

With the above said, which most of you may not get, here are the full details:

Highs – Highs are very clear. Now “very” doesn’t mean 100% accurate, because there are no earphones that can produce 100% accurate highs (maybe JHA which I heard once from my friend). I would give it a 90% accuracy. Bose IE2 In my opinion would be 95% and Klipsch s4 94%

Mids – Mids are excellent but not outstanding. If you know what I mean. 93% for Twinwoofers, 96% for Klipsch s4, 85% for Bose IE2 – Again, this is my opinion

Bass – Bass is outstanding but not spectacular. 96% for Twinwoofers, 94% for Klipsch, and 96% for bose Ie2. Remember at this point I’m not comparing things like skullcandy and sennheiser (i.e. earphones that fall in this price range) because they don’t simply match the bass of Twinwoofers – Again, this is my opinion. If you hear someone saying that Twinwoofers don’t have bass, it means they have never heard anything before, at least not high end IEMs, and most probably because they haven’t burn-them-in.
I will further describe bass as decent, smooth, clear and accurate rather than harsh, overpowering and muddy. So bass is good, and there’s plenty of it to enjoy the boominess of a Hip Hop Track!

Sound Rating: 4.5/5

Con on sound quality:

Could’ve been slightly better on the Highs/Mids separation, but can’t complain much because of the brilliant price point.

SIDENOTE:

The above ratings are based on mp3 vbr and 192kbps. If you go beyond 320kbps, the ratings above will all change.
Without a good burn-in period of 50-60 hours, you simply won’t get their signature right, so at this point I have to warn the laymen out there before they conclude on their sound.

To burn-in, I use two burn-in players - one created by Tekfusion which can be found in their burn-in guide

*tekfusiontechnologies.com/tekfusion-burn-in-guide.php

And the other one by JLABS audio, which you can found in their website

THINGS TO NOTE:

- Bass will not be punchy at first, until you burn in for at least 50 hours
This may be a big problem for those who are not patient! So, just keep listening to all your music, for 4-5 hours in a cycle, and i think you'll have burn-in properly :D

- If you are using a low-end music player, like transcend mp3 players, or a zebronics, then these babies are not for you, you will start blaming them while you should be blaming your player, because no IEM will sound good with a bad player. This is just to let you be aware of what you should choose for your playback. I would recommend players such as Cowon and Ipod, or even Walkman, rather than other low quality stuff.

TEST TRACKS FOR BASS

1. Get Low - Lil Jon & the East Side Boyz
2. Beat Dominator - Bass Can You Hear Me

BEST USES:

High quality audio – With flac music or VBR mp3, you can get a rough clue on their soundstage, which I won’t discuss at this point, as I haven’t burn them in for 100 hours

Smartphones with Equalizer enabled – At flat you won’t reveal their full performance, but will tell you the excellence of their vocals and how good they are probably at separating the mids from highs.

BEST MUSIC PLAYED

• Hip Hop
• Trance
• House
• Electro
• Rock/Metal
• Pop
• Jazz
• Indian and Asian music – I guess I’m not the only one here who love some hindi!

CONCLUSION

If you like very crystal clear sound, and Bass that is full of impact, and bass that is free of distortion, noise, and mud, and if you like listening to all sorts of music, with great accuracy, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND them to you.

For me, this was a best buy under INR 1500/-

Thanks.

Hope you guys like my review. Please reply to me, if you got any question.

Last edited:

saurigr8

Broken In
A very well written , Nice Comparison also, Yesterday only i ordered for myself based on the review .

Thanks Buddy:lol:

Sarath

iDota
Added your review to the index. You can also post your audio set up here, if you so wish. > *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/audio/153...-headphones-earphones-speakers-amps-dacs.html

OP
audiophilic

audiophilic

Journeyman
some people are disliking it.Are they really worth the money.

Well, if you open them right out of the box, and start judging them, then you may be really angry. These take a huge amount of time before you get used to their signature, and having said before, you should burn-in for at least 50 hours before you say anything about their sound characteristics.

Obviously the bass will not be as punchy when you haven't started burning in, so i think people who are writing those poor reviews are the ones who don't know anything about burnin anyway.

After 40-90 hours, your whole perception about them will change. I pitty the people who don't take the time to listen to them enough :mrgreen:

Once i reach my 500 hours of burn-in, i'll write an in-depth review. Right now, what i wrote can be considered my initial impressions after a 88 hour burn in period.

Sarath

iDota
You should add this to your main post: Tekfusion Headphone Burn-In Guide

and

The Tekfusion® Blog Introducing the Tekfusion Burn-In Guide

---

A lot of people are not burning in their TF TWs despite being recommended by the manufacturer

@audiophilic: I would like to suggest you add impressions about the IEMs before and after burn in. This will help people understand the benefits of a proper burn in and what to expect from their IEMs.

OP
audiophilic

audiophilic

Journeyman
You should add this to your main post: Tekfusion Headphone Burn-In Guide

and

The Tekfusion® Blog Introducing the Tekfusion Burn-In Guide

---

A lot of people are not burning in their TF TWs despite being recommended by the manufacturer

@audiophilic: I would like to suggest you add impressions about the IEMs before and after burn in. This will help people understand the benefits of a proper burn in and what to expect from their IEMs.

I think you're right. Looks like people may not be aware of burn-in :D and may judge these IEMs earlier than they think they've heard them. Thanks for the point.

Also, as i said, i'll be writing another in-depth review on these, as i'm still burning-them in, although now i can say i'm pretty much in a position to tell their soundstage. Suddenly after burning in for some 80 hours, i can hear more detail. And the separation of the mids from highs is getting better. And the bass - i simply can't describe it. Its too good.

Last edited:
OP
audiophilic

audiophilic

Journeyman
Any idea how these fares against Brainwavz M1 ?

I don't think so, because Brainwavz m2 price is almost 3K :) Although these definitely sound better than the sennheiser cx series, which range in 1500-2.9k price range. :mrgreen:

sometimes also better than the bose ie2, which cost 6k. for you to fully understand their sound, it should take you probably 2-3 months of daily use :p

you can call this audio dosage for twinwoofers :p

007roh

Broken In
I was really confused about this Earphone, to buy it or not..
But after reading your review i ordered it from Flipkart. You mentioned "Full Metal Body" and that alone made me buy this phone :-D

Also, do anybody know where to take the earphone for repair when it breaks, here in kolkata?

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
I don't think so, because Brainwavz m2 price is almost 3K :) Although these definitely sound better than the sennheiser cx series, which range in 1500-2.9k price range. :mrgreen:

sometimes also better than the bose ie2, which cost 6k. for you to fully understand their sound, it should take you probably 2-3 months of daily use :p

you can call this audio dosage for twinwoofers :p

Errrrrr.... I asked them against M1 :oops:

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
I guess I need to find already burned-in of those from some one using it. :|

I earlier loved deep bass with EP-630 but later on moved to Sound Magic PL11 where bass was there but sound quality too improved. Finally i moved to M1, here quality and sound stage are good but bass at times i feel is low.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom