Suggestion Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

royal

Padawan
In your hardware review section ( not the A-List ) give detail individual reviews ( pros/cons ) for the top 10 products and not just the pics of gold/silver winners ...:evil:

I remember it was like this before ... dont know why it changed in the first place :confused:

I believe this would help making buying decisions :)

blackpearl

The Devil
I m a bit skeptical of the results (till now) of this month's Digit poll which asks "What is the actual Broadband speeed you get?". The result shows 60% of the people voted for 'above 64 KBps', but I doubt whether so many people has access to speeds above 512kbps. Most people confuse between KBps and kbps. I think it will be better if the units are changed to 'kbps' from 'KBps' to clear any confusion that may arise.

praka123

left this forum longback
where is the search option in forum....it is a must...another point for re-implementing phpbb foum..

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
pls disable posting of n00b's in the invition thread.u can u there there are many of n00bs begging there for invites and no one is listening to them.pls advice them to spend some time in forum.pls set limit to 50 posts or atleast 20 posts in able to secure a invite.i can't give invite to anyone who i don't know.may be i get banned there because of inviteing a n00b there.

pls have a look in this matter

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Improve the overall content of the magazine and reduce the ads!!
You can introduce some programming section in VB , Java, Python.
Why don't you guys give Linux DVDs? I think once in a while you guys
can give a Linux DVD with the magazine. Also start a Linux column,
rather than wasting pages on Gender bender etc., I think most of the
Digit readers would welcome the move of giving Linux DVDs.

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
JGuru said:
Improve the overall content of the magazine and reduce the ads!!
You can introduce some programming section in VB , Java, Python.
Why don't you guys give Linux DVDs? I think once in a while you guys
can give a Linux DVD with the magazine. Also start a Linux column,
rather than wasting pages on Gender bender etc., I think most of the
Digit readers would welcome the move of giving Linux DVDs.

Agree with Jguru!

arorohit

Broken In
Didnt Recd the June 2006 Issue Yet !!!

Its my utter displeasure to say that delivery service of DIGIT is going from bad to worse to TRASH as each month passes by. Its 15th June and i still havent recd the DIGIT Copy ! I wrote a mail to them on 13th abt this and they told me that they have dispatched the copy. Its 15th evening and no news of mag yet. There was a time when digit used to reach my home on last day of each month and now its already half of the month. They used to send us mail also abt the dispatch of mags but now they dont do it. Moreover i believe that they hv changed the courier and thats why i keep getting the mag late.

Do you guys get the mag on time or not ???

I can shamelessly say now that i am one of the most disatisfied customers of DIGIT and vows not to renew my subscription.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I miss the "Unanswered threads" option in PHPBB. Anyways here is a mod/hack for vB (official...)

*www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63008

sandeep_arsenal

Broken In
Hey guys
ok digit mag may be one of the oldset tech mags in India and it may be the most well known.
but i think chip mag is much better as it is better priced (100 bucks)
and also its one year subscription is jus 960 bucks. for 1200 bucks u get a 25 in one card reader too (wid 1 year subscription). ok i know digit gives u 15 issues for a 1 yr subscription but still chip is better priced. there r similar offers wid 2 yr and three yr subscriptions.

the main magazine contents in digit and chip are similar and both are equally gud.

however chip doesnt have soethin equal to Fasttrack which i think is a gr8 addon to digit. cheers 2 da digit team fr tht.

But chip does come wid one DVD and 2 CD's .
again similar contenet on both but CHIP gives more.

Anyway.
Lets hope that Digit improves and truly earns the no 1 SPOT

PS: HOPE I HAVENT BROKEN THE FORUM RULES

cool_dude_prav

In the zone
guys guys... please stop this...

has anyone ever realised how digit is gonna pay their employees if they get money only from the magazine sales(which will be only enough for about the printing costs). Hence they HAVE TO put ads like that in order to make money and keep paying their staff... So, next time whatever be the thing, please never complain about the presence of ads. Of course, u may say that some ads are obtrusive, but remember, those ads are worth a little more than those pages filled entirely with ads, as these ads (within text) are more likely to be looked than others...
If u really feel that digit should not advertise in their magz, then Webmasters, please stop ads on ur sites which get u earn money from... other readers, please do not watch TV channels which show ads... (Speaking of the fact that Pepsi TV - a 24 hours ad channel is going to be launched!!!)
please stop complaining about ads, and give positive criticism AKA feedback...

How many times have we actually appreciated their efforts than just bragging?
I take this chance to thank the digit helpdesk for replying within a few hours of my mail regarding a bent CD...

Cheers,
Prav.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
cool_dude_prav said:
(Speaking of the fact that Pepsi TV - a 24 hours ad channel is going to be launched!!!)
What's up with this bit of news? Is it true? I don't think it is. :?

cool_dude_prav

In the zone
aryayush said:
What's up with this bit of news? Is it true? I don't think it is. :?
Source: *www.whoisdeep.com/2006/03/31/yeh-pepsi-tv-kya-hai/

Edit: Woops,just saw the Update underneath... It was just a joke-ad campaign... :p

anyways, it was a good idea though ;)

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Hey
Those filthy posters might be for you but student like us did'nt like it and i dont think that tech. mag. should print those type of ad's. When we read the mag . in front of our parents then what impression we are making on them . What they will think about us. That tech mag. are a way towards being a bad guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom