Suggestion Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SE><IE

Once (i remmember) digit ppl said that they cant make the mag become any more fatter due to some limitations. So why dont you provide soft copies of EXTRA material.( i am not asking for digit on pdf copies. thats a different issue)

you may be facing space constrains and thus may not be able to add new sections. the result, we dont gain what you guys may want to provide us.
on the other hand if u start giving us soft copies of *digit plus* (perhaps) then the advantages are:

a) it won't count a paisa more (it will be soft copy)
b) It wont occupy more space (it wont be 1 GB large)
C) Readers will have more access to knowledge.
:))

plz note that I am talking of extra material on cd/dvd in the form of ebooks. but the ebook(s) will be by team digit.

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
i_kill said:
Once (i remmember) digit ppl said that they cant make the mag become any more fatter due to some limitations. So why dont you provide soft copies of EXTRA material.( i am not asking for digit on pdf copies. thats a different issue)

you may be facing space constrains and thus may not be able to add new sections. the result, we dont gain what you guys may want to provide us.
on the other hand if u start giving us soft copies of *digit plus* (perhaps) then the advantages are:

a) it won't count a paisa more (it will be soft copy)
b) It wont occupy more space (it wont be 1 GB large)
C) Readers will have more access to knowledge.
:))

plz note that I am talking of extra material on cd/dvd in the form of ebooks. but the ebook(s) will be by team digit.
Umm.. we go through various varieties of hell just getting the "non-extra" content out. Have mercy :(

It's an idea that's been around for a while now, and will probably get implemented when we have a few more good helping hands.

S

SE><IE

FatBeing said:
Umm.. we go through various varieties of hell just getting the "non-extra" content out. Have mercy :(

It's an idea that's been around for a while now, and will probably get implemented when we have a few more good helping hands.

I thought it was the other way round...that you had loads of knowledge and just wanted to disperse it every month. may be u can include these in the future.

S

SE><IE

What about some videos of your test centre with you guys getting you hands 'dirty' and in the meanwhile we can all the 3Gs (Games, Gadgets, Girls).
If there be the time maybe they can work as illustrations too.
and yeah in the august mag pls give-out the pdf versions of digit (its been almost a year) and fast-track(in color this time...plz)

What abt including some posters ;-)

S

SE><IE

@FatBeing: It happened again. 'crashday demo' which was earlier provided in DIGIT has been provided in the latest SKOAR!.
Now what do you have to say FatBeing?? People Have already Played the game Then why would skorians like to play it again. :-|

Well... I should say that it looks like its a great way to fill the DVD space.
:-(

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
i_kill said:
@FatBeing: It happened again. 'crashday demo' which was earlier provided in DIGIT has been provided in the latest SKOAR!.
Now what do you have to say FatBeing?? People Have already Played the game Then why would skorians like to play it again. :-|

Well... I should say that it looks like its a great way to fill the DVD space.
:-(
??????
Shouldn't you be cribbing to Badri about that?

S

SE><IE

I have started a POLL at skoar.com to know exactly how much % of people buy DIGIT or SKOAR! or both.

Will let you and BJ know the results pretty soon.

Thanks for redirecting me to BJ :)

PrinceHeart

In the zone
Just a suggestion:
Digit should start java/flash based chat rooms for forum users.
Not different rooms. Just 1 place.. where ppl can interact with other forum members without posting/messaging the members and waiting for their messages/post.

I personally think, it would be a good idea as guest users can join the chat room without registering as GuestXXXX nicknames and ask questions and get reply to it right away if any forum members are online.

Isn't it a good idea ??

Peace

S

SE><IE

@princeheart: pretty neat idea. But I feel that allowing guests to chat would be a bad Idea. Then everybody will come for their solutions and will flee away once they are done.

PrinceHeart

In the zone
Well... maybe the free-user chat feature was a bit extra. But it surely can help with registered members. And it would surely stop silly thank you posts and 1 line questions for which members are forced to start a new thread for.

And moreover i have seen many users registered here to ask 1 question, even before searching the forum for their answers. I think an online chat place would stop all that.

Well.. its a forum... its same like a chat place. Though i dunno if the online chat is started - the forum will not be active anymore ?? That's the topic the admin/s have to decide on. Orelse with this running pace of life, no one got much time to wait for their answers. As for me, im sick with flu atm and home 24/7, so im online here pretty much all the time :)

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
I have a few suggestions. i have been summing them up in my mind for some time to present them collectively.

It is spilled here:

MAJOR:
1. Add a new listing titled "Talent List" next to the "member list". users can specify there talents and choose them form a detailed list(containing of major catagories and minor ones in them). like "Linux->X.org", "Moddinng->LEDs", "Electronics->general", "Internet->PHP", "Programming->C#" and so on... People can select their 'talents' fromthe User CP. ALso the users can create new catogories/sub catagoties. To make it less crowded only display the catagory when a specific no of people have requested it, keep others on the backburner and show them only when a user specifically can find a suitable one while posting), this will provide automatic refinement". Now when a person posts he/she has options to select the problems catagory. This will trigger a flag, marked when the user logs in, just where u display "last logged in....." so if he wants to he can click there and see what threads/posts have requested his expertise.

2. Create a forum(a project management tool) where people can specifically discuss/develop their projects/ideas of thigs like Software, website devel, Modding, Publishing... etc. Here the Thread starter should have the same rights as mods/admins over his thread(thy can remove modify/delete other peoples posts and hide/unhide their stuff, add specific viewers only for specific parts etc). Remove/increase the photosize/attachment size and other small limitations from there.

3. Make a searchable "Product Showcase/Catalog". Here all kinds of products(software hardware ot anything) can be added by users with all the info abt it like developer,website,resoures,related thread in digit forum, likely price..etc. And it has ratings and subproducts. Like for eg a 'shelf' for The best PC under 40K. Now all uses can add procucts by name to it and rate it. so whatever is most rated will be displayed. so if people want to buy a pc in 40k they can just have a look there and get all info(also things like second best) This can have a huge portential obe enough people put in enought products and their views abt them.
Ask the digit team to add all products the rate/test to it too.

MINOR:
1. Put in some check so then when a user presses "backspace" in a thread it shows a pop up if the quick reply bos has some text in it. i have may times lost typed text by accidentially pressing backspace when the focus was on the webpage insted of the textbox.

2. Do something with the rep system to avoide backfiring. at present people can just give -ve rep to a person if he gives on to them. what is the point of that?

3. Add a print/save thread tool.which saves/prints in a simpler format. also add a download archive tool if a person want to.

4. Add a picture gallery and a video feed of the digit team at work. we digitians would love that. Also if some products(only the majour ones) can be tested online while we people watch ask questions. add a ticker to the forum to tell us abt the event.

thats all for now. will write more as i remember.
thank you digit team.

Last edited:

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
You have a brain in your head, I can tell.

In re your suggestions:
Major
1. Sounds interesting, will do some research in this department

2. Perhaps a Wiki is what you're referring to. No plans right now, doubt if there will be in the future.

3. Also noted. No promises though.

Minor:
1. Sorry, you're going to have to be more careful.

2. The rep system is member-reliant. Everyone just needs to grow up and act responsibly

3. Thread Tools > Show Printable Version.

4. Trust me, you don't want to watch us work. Especially if there's sound in that feed. :)

debiprasad_sahoo

Web Junky 2.0
Link does not work

I want to notice you that the link on Digit patron page is not working. It sends to *www.thinkdigit.com/forums where it should send to *www.thinkdigit.com/forum
Plese check it.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
FatBeing said:
You have a brain in your head, I can tell.

In re your suggestions:
Major
1. Sounds interesting, will do some research in this department

2. Perhaps a Wiki is what you're referring to. No plans right now, doubt if there will be in the future.

3. Also noted. No promises though.

Minor:
1. Sorry, you're going to have to be more careful.

2. The rep system is member-reliant. Everyone just needs to grow up and act responsibly

3. Thread Tools > Show Printable Version.

4. Trust me, you don't want to watch us work. Especially if there's sound in that feed. :)

Major 2> yes i guess u can call it a wiki. but what i wanted that here in the forum so that if there are some interesting projects then they(or their progress) can be published in the MAG. according to me such things makes the mag more liverly. It is good that we get info abt all the stuff those major companies are doin' but i think people get more interested in real people and their real work, as it is closer to their own dreams.

Major 3>m just glad u noted if :)

Minor 1> comeon dood!!! i dont know abt web prog much but couldn't u put in a script or something triggereg by the "back in history" event or something.

Minor 2>whatever, and isn't this the kind of post that is supposed to get me rep? i dotn see any. :)

Minor 3>Oops didnt see. though a "save to disk" would be nice too. expecially is threads whose procedure cannot be followed with a browser on. like OS setup etc...

Minor 4>U trust me sir!!!! we do wanna watch the team work(even if it is 1 frame per sec circulating thru diff office spaces, without sound and but a heading of what is the major topic of current work there). And specially those live product reviews i talked abt. just like those videos u that came with digit. it would add a whole new level of personalization with the coustomer. if u dont believe put up a poll on the website!!! we'd love to watch u'all work.

hey thanks anyways. i love digit more just because of this forum. it adds life to the magzine. and based on that feeling i had given those suggestions... though i know they are not realizable overnight...

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I do not want to interrupt, but please consider my suggestion regarding the forum. As many of us have a GMail account, you would consider adding a "Contact via Google Talk" icon in our profile section in our posts.

Now one for the Mag, I see there has been quite funny contents in Digit, I would like to suggest to include a small Comic Strip regarding some tech jokes and some events occuring at your side (something like a comic digit diary). Also, its been a while since you have carried satisfactorily long Software reviews. Last months(July) review of...er..you know what, was good. I Expect to see more such reviews(not exactly the same products ;-)) in future reviews. Also including a poster of games is not a bad idea after all.

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
okay digit,
heres what i want

dedicate a bigger area for the digit diary
include stuff about international technologies coming out, not only the stuff in india
eg:the nokia n92 came out aeons ago, and you still haven't reviewed the n80
how about making all your dvds dual layer, just like the one in june?

digitalfirewall

Right off the assembly line
Well are the digit members seeing yhid section? If Yes I got something to tell them- you ppl show ur technical (Machanical) talents through the mag why don't put some tutorial & tips for softwares like photoshop, corel, illustrator i mean graphic and 3d related on regular basis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom