Sony Ericsson K850 Review by naveen_reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
it cant be saved...i already have a few scratches on it..nuthin doing... :(

but its nt tht noticable neway...evn i dnt like the idea of a cover or nething...

has the update cum on seus as yet?

m a bit sceptical coz in esato sum guys have had flash sync issues with this firmware

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
it cant be saved...i already have a few scratches on it..nuthin doing... :(

but its nt tht noticable neway...evn i dnt like the idea of a cover or nething...

has the update cum on seus as yet?

m a bit sceptical coz in esato sum guys have had flash sync issues with this firmware

planning to het it to some reflector shop and paste a screen sticker just as we do in car`s.... the back cover is rich.... u cant protect thatsurface...

ya check SEUS or FOTA... p.s FOTA is fast and easy.. just took me 1.4MB to update to latest firmware...

forget esato .. those people describe phones as if thatsthe worst phone ever.. but look at plankgatan.. photos.... they are awesome..

@kaushik get a n95 8gb or a n82. They pawn a k850 neday wen it comes to REAL features.

i dont get u ???
wht is pawn and neday...????

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
hey dont do tht..it will cover the light sensor and ur pictures will go kaput...if there is nething close to the light sensor..the pics will come out bad...u havent removed the cover yet??

that explains y the pics are coming out a bit dark

btw my flickr page is updated..check the new uns..

and yea..plank is awesum..have u checked gerban's pics??

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
hey dont do tht..it will cover the light sensor and ur pictures will go kaput...if there is nething close to the light sensor..the pics will come out bad...u havent removed the cover yet??

that explains y the pics are coming out a bit dark

btw my flickr page is updated..check the new uns..

and yea..plank is awesum..have u checked gerban's pics??

ya i will make sure ... those arent covered///

i have to say yesterday i took a photo with the plastiuc cover removed .. and yes the pics came wonderful....

psure delighted see ur album.. will check it out..

*www.dawnofthefly.com/

downnload this flashlite game and enjoy..

i am again amazed...

so now u have a whole range of flashlite games from nokia to play with..

so enjoy ...

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^cool man...

but as the k850 supports flash lite 2..do u think that further firmware upgrades will upgrade it to flash lite 3??

t wi am currently having the operation failed prob on my phone...will have to get it reflashed... :(

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
^^^cool man...

but as the k850 supports flash lite 2..do u think that further firmware upgrades will upgrade it to flash lite 3??

t wi am currently having the operation failed prob on my phone...will have to get it reflashed... :(

firmwares can bring many option

best example is bringing in AUTO FOCUS for W810 when it didnthave it when itwas launched...

and please do update ur phone ...

and try to master reset the phone.. the operation failed will get solved..

wht connection u have ???

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
i have vodaphone kolkata...

i m trying to update through FOTA but the phone keeps saying cannot download update...so will try later..

well once the phone crashes and the sms opton was showing operation failed..after a master reset it was ok but the games and applications folder does not change irrelevant of the no of resets..

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i have vodaphone kolkata...

i m trying to update through FOTA but the phone keeps saying cannot download update...so will try later..

well once the phone crashes and the sms opton was showing operation failed..after a master reset it was ok but the games and applications folder does not change irrelevant of the no of resets..

vodophone branded?? is vodafone giving out branded ones??? in india???

I WILL NEVER DO THAT MISTAKE.. (sorry to say)
BUYING A BRANDED ONE...
they will modify the os .. according to thier taste ..
and also will reduce certain features..

if possible get a generic version...
they are always better...

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
arre no yaar..in india u dont get branded ones...

i thgt u asked me for my connection...lol

yea downloaded th update and is now working fine..will do a master reset as it is a bit on the slower side....

and the operation failerd error is stil there.. :(

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Hey Naveen, when I go to the Sony Ericsson India webpage, it says that K850i comes with some sort of media manager. Now, due to MTP Protocol support it can easily sync with WMP11 but what is this media manager? Can u post a list of all applications & if possible some screenshots u got with the phone in the CD.

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
@amd64 dude it isnt very safe to use fota in india.. The gprs sux.. It ll take an eternity to download the updates and if there is any network prob or fone reboot then u may hav to say bye bye to ur fone.. Rather update using seus on pc only.

@navin just a 1.4mb update?? Do they split the updates in small parts over fota??

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^cant realy call it a firmware update..just a teeny weeny bug remover..nothin gr8..the major firmware is scheduled to be out on the 20th..

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Oops! Guess i'll have to post here after all!
@naveen, W810i had auto-focus since its launch. Auto focus is dependent on hardware. Firmware updates can't add it to your phone.

@Pathik, fota is very safe. You just have to make sure your battery is sufficiently charged. The phone first downloads the firmware and then starts the update. The firmware files are very small (dunno how). If you have EDGE then it only takes a short while. Most of the time is taken by the phone to update itself. The best part is with fota is that all your data in phone memory is preserved and nothing is deleted. I had once done it when I had MO. But with NOP i'm not able to do it.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
@amd64 dude it isnt very safe to use fota in india.. The gprs sux.. It ll take an eternity to download the updates and if there is any network prob or fone reboot then u may hav to say bye bye to ur fone.. Rather update using seus on pc only.

@navin just a 1.4mb update?? Do they split the updates in small parts over fota??

pathik no its totally safe...

coz in FOTA it downloads just like u donload a app/// after it gets completed only it restrats the phone and makes changes..

yes its 1.4 MB .. it changes only the files which are tweaked or modifiwed...

@GX.. media manager is just like Itunes for ipod.. for transferring files... nice app..
screen shot...

*img134.imageshack.us/img134/3903/mediamanaegerxd9.th.jpg

Apps given are..

Pc suite
Acrobat Reader
Quick time
Media Manager
Drivers
and other apps..

will post referring the CD

Even i thought FOTA is not safe .. but tried it .. and it was awesome..
SE in this regard is great...

Do give atry..
Dont worry.. at anytime u can Do a SEUS ...

Oops! Guess i'll have to post here after all!
@naveen, W810i had auto-focus since its launch. Auto focus is dependent on hardware. Firmware updates can't add it to your phone.

@Pathik, fota is very safe. You just have to make sure your battery is sufficiently charged. The phone first downloads the firmware and then starts the update. The firmware files are very small (dunno how). If you have EDGE then it only takes a short while. Most of the time is taken by the phone to update itself. The best part is with fota is that all your data in phone memory is preserved and nothing is deleted. I had once done it when I had MO. But with NOP i'm not able to do it.

no , AF was not on the launch.. my roommate bought it.. (actually three of my friends..) .. i know it .. coz i had k750.... ewhich had AF...

And at the Firmware update only they included it..

for the second part of ur reply.. its totally true..8)

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Hmm...Media Manager looks nice, although I still prefer individual apps as I have more control on the settings & configs etc. Post a review of Media Manager too....

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Amd64 can u post a video ... ???

Gx when are u gona buy the phone dude??

Medi Managaer is good.. but since i am seriuosly not familiar with this sync .. and oither option .. i sont know how i will write a review..

but if possible i will write one.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Nice review there :) The best thing about firmware and upgrade has to be FOTA. Nicely implemented. Just hope most of the bugs are fixed, I guess I'll be buying it in a month or two.

Btw, W810i always had autofocus. This is coz, as krazy said, autofocus is a hardware thing. A hydraulic mechanism is implemented in the camera lens to move it to and fro. Those phones which do not haf AF do not haf a lens with the hydraulic mechanism.

You frenz prolly had mistakenlly turned off AF and after an update it was enabled, by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom