Sony Ericsson K850 Review by naveen_reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Nice review there :) The best thing about firmware and upgrade has to be FOTA. Nicely implemented. Just hope most of the bugs are fixed, I guess I'll be buying it in a month or two.

Btw, W810i always had autofocus. This is coz, as krazy said, autofocus is a hardware thing. A hydraulic mechanism is implemented in the camera lens to move it to and fro. Those phones which do not haf AF do not haf a lens with the hydraulic mechanism.

You frenz prolly had mistakenlly turned off AF and after an update it was enabled, by default.

well this is wht i know...

k810 as we all know is based on the platform/hardware of k750...

but initially when it got launched that feature was nopt activated.. mainly becoz they didnt want to make it a 2 MP cam phone and decrease the sale of k750....

but at the end they activated it ..

please post reply if i am wrong..
this is wht i know

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Hey, don't upload the video on YouTube, conversion to flash reduces the quality further. Just upload it on rapidshare.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
ya just send the file.. so that all can see the real quality..

no intital.. i mean early phones.. (within 2-3 months of a lunch) phones werent having AF...

coz my room mate got the phone and was scolding me since i had AF that time..(k750)..
but at the time i changed to k800... he updated the phone and got AF...

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
ohh... thats great..

try opera mini 4 version 10031

its good

off topic :
does anyone have tries the inbuiilt opera bookmark(beta)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
naveen_reloaded said:
no intital.. i mean early phones.. (within 2-3 months of a lunch) phones werent having AF...

coz my room mate got the phone and was scolding me since i had AF that time..(k750)..
but at the time i changed to k800... he updated the phone and got AF...

No, wrong. K850i, W810i had autofocus from day 1. Autofocus cannot be implemented in software or firmware. It is a hardware feature

Hm.ok guys.btw ths msg is frm the k850.using the netfront browser.its awesum guys.

Push the spacebar key after each full stop :D

Last edited:
OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
No, wrong. K850i, W810i had autofocus from day 1. Autofocus cannot be implemented in software or firmware. It is a hardware feature

Push the spacebar key after each full stop :D

still no one is getting my ppoint...

i agree its a hardware stuff...
but SE has the ability to turn it on or off thru Frimware...

all i am saying is they didnt turn it on on the first place when it was launched purely coz they wanted it to be a Walkman phone.. not K series pphone ..

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
naveen_reloaded said:
i agree its a hardware stuff...
but SE has the ability to turn it on or off thru Frimware

all i am saying is they didnt turn it on on the first place when it was launched purely coz they wanted it to be a Walkman phone.. not K series pphone ..

Ok first, how do u know this, & 2nd...as far as I remembar W810i had auto focus from day 1. What's the point of giving hardware support for autofocus when they were not going to enable it.

Sony Can add features with firmware update, but trust me...releasing a new Phone hardware is better business wise then relesing updates for existing hardware

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Ok first, how do u know this, & 2nd...as far as I remembar W810i had auto focus from day 1. What's the point of giving hardware support for autofocus when they were not going to enable it.

Sony Can add features with firmware update, but trust me...releasing a new Phone hardware is better business wise then relesing updates for existing hardware

as i said ... the hardware is same... thats why...

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
soo hws it goin with the phone nw??..

like the lighting effects??

wat card do u use???

and how do u rate the sound quality??..i think its amazing

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
K750i W800i and W810i are basically same phones with small differences. Their cameras are absolutely the same. Also naveen if you don't believe us, go check your friends W810i. It'll have the words 'AF' printed below the lens which stands for auto-focus. Now tell me if it didn't had auto focus when it was launched, how come it has AF printed on it???

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^w810i has a different build..thts y the k750 could be flashed into the w800 and not the w810..and yea..it had autoocus for certain..cummon let us drop the topic

its a thread fr the SE king the k850i...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom