*** Science Or God? ***

Science or God?

• Total voters

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
^^^ This.. :+1::agreed:
I always think that what if our own sun has some form of life, which are evolved to live in those extreme temps, we obviously don't know about every lifeform in this universe.. ::chinscratch:

& my point is why the hell we think that we are alone, there are billions of planets.. so many must have life on it, even more advanced that we are...

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
we are not alone, even our ancient texts confirms that there is life on other Graha (planets), i do watch ancient aliens, but belive me they give lots of bullshit and focus more on Pharoas, kings and etc.. the show could have been more intersting if they apply more sientific approach

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
Sharing a profound and thought-provoking article on 'Natural Intelligence' to ponder.

The Unsung Intelligence of Life's Web | Reality Sandwich

Excerpts:
Engineering prowess of Nature can loosely be called 'natural intelligence' and is part and parcel of all living things along with the selective forces of Nature that have engineered all living things. However, given that natural intelligence is basically unheard of, trying to talk about it is difficult and usually leads to head scratching or, worse, to accusations of Intelligent Design creationism. This is probably because as soon as one suggests that Nature is imbued with intelligence, or that life is a kind of intelligence, or that natural selection is a kind of intelligence, one immediately thinks that it would have to be a conscious intelligence -- which would be hard to swallow given what we know about the Darwinian mechanisms of evolution.

The closer one examines life the more apparent does natural intelligence become. Like brilliant ideas and hypotheses made literal flesh in space and time, natural intelligence is what you see when you look down a microscope at a cell. All those busy chemical cycles and all that frenetic protein manipulation -- that is natural intelligence. The cyclical networks of molecules and enzymes, communicating with one another, sustaining themselves and repairing themselves -- that is natural intelligence. The myriad exquisite nanotechnological machines known as ribosomes that effectively convert DNA code into long strings of amino acids that subsequently fold up into the Lego-like building blocks of life -- that is natural intelligence. Indeed, the genetic code is itself an expression of natural intelligence. A code. Think about it. Codes are usually associated with us -- machine code, binary code, Morse code, video/audio codecs, sign language and such. Codes -- language-like systems in which one sort of information is transcribed into another -- are the hallmark of intelligent purposeful activity. Yet Nature got there first. To be sure, the genetic code is so subtle and sophisticated that it took the human race hundreds of years to figure it out.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
even god cannot change some of science
numbers supersede any god, in a way they are more permanent, unchangeable and eternal, in every conceivable universe, and numbers would still exist if nothing else existed
numbers deserve your worship most

Hrishi

I wonder why do people always percieve god to be someone in human or some form which is alive . ? God could be most possibly something which is not a form of life.
Sometimes I even think maybe we need to redefine what life actually means ?? Maybe we are confined within our defined terms so we only see what we want to see. ?
---------------------------------------

dude1

Journeyman
1. thats similar to what i said.
i said there were roughly 100 billion OBSERVABLE galaxies. there are many more out there, we cant see them yet (their light/information has not yet reached us)
If what u r saying is true an there are 100 billion observable galaxies and thats just one third. That says there maybe 300 billion galaxies(approx). Our own galaxy has 200 billion stars. With many earthlike planets in our galaxy(in atmospheric sense only). So if we take conservative approach and say that there is just one planet in our entire galaxy with intelligent life. Then there maybe 1 planet in every galaxy like ours. And by simple mathematics, there can be 300 billion earth like planets with intelligent life. SO THE POSSIBILITY OF EXTREME INTELLLIGENT ALIENS WOULD BE MUCH MORE THAN WHAT U SAY.:wink: Also what @bhavsani said is there maybe billions of planets with earthlike condition in milky way itself. This report backs it up 8.8 billion habitable Earth-size planets exist in Milky Way alone - NBC News.com

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^
Could Some Alien Worlds Be More Habitable Than Earth?
and
Habitable zones around stars ten times wider than we thought

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
Reading only the last few posts, I could not relate it back to the original discussion :D. But glad to see the war is still ON.

Enjoy~!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Bill Nye Debates Ken Ham
This is also available in Torrent.

The only thing good was Bill Nye emphasizing that young people try to find out the answer and challenge the already existing theories instead of bashing Ken Ham. Because, you know, an idiot is an idiot.

ankush28

Bazinga
Science!!!
God is just imaginary thing invented by humans to apply science to masses! This is what I know, This is what I believe.(Yes, another atheist)

ankush28

Bazinga
^^no offense but please post proven scientific facts only when arguing on behalf of science in a science/god thread & leave faith based arguments for religious side.aliens existence is not proven yet.elements refer to basic elements in periodic table & are finite in no. & less than 120 with some man-made.there is a valid reason why elements with very large atomic numbers are not possible because of certain limits(atomic theory).human DNA has 4 amino acids(A,T,C,G) & over 3 billion base pairs(AT & CG) so that total no. of possible combinations is over 4^3000000000 which is equal to 64*(10^9).this does not even include the minor differences in DNA like length of dna strand etc.chances of a same dna occuring in nature is infinitely small.
Just one question! What if aliens dont obey DNA and they have something different like GHK, KKDKKK, JJG? If they don't need carbons to start life? If they can live with Helium? Might be in core of sun there is life! ;)
Everything is possible, but can't be proven scientifically right now. Remember every scientific discovery was just curiosity+faith initially.

OK.I was wrong but look what I found out buddy.

Facts about the Universe:

The universe is currently estimated at roughly 13.7 billion years old, give or take 130 million years. In comparison, the solar system is only about 4.6 billion years old.

Our Sun is part of a spiral galaxy called the Milky Way, and lies about two-thirds of the way out from the centre to the edge.

For the Milky Way, the sun lies at a distance of 28,000 light years and has an orbital speed of 220 km/s.

When we add the portion of the Milky Way that lies outside the sun’s orbit, we get approximately 200 billion stars.

How many stars and galaxies in the universe?

The best estimates suggest that there are at least 70 thousand million million million (70 sextillion or 7 × 10[SUP]22[/SUP]) stars in the Universe. The Universe probably contains more than 100 thousand million (100 billion or 10[SUP]11[/SUP]) galaxies.

How many Planets might exist that satisfy Goldilocks theory?

Astronomers estimate 100 million habitable Earth-like planets in the Milky Way.

Consider 1 star at 200 light year apart from earth. So when we saw that star it was already 200 year old!!! Now in our universe there are lots of the stars/planets which are millions of light year away from us! Considering that there are many stars/galaxies which aren't yet visible to us due to this "LIGHT BARRIER"

Another atheist here

I believe in the theory of the movie Prometheus(not fully) but I consider that we are in loop

A study for how humans may look like in future estimates that in more than 1000 years later (if we could survive that long) then due to space radiation and low light our pupil will grow and our eyes will become fully black and our skin will be grey in color

This made me think that we'll look exactly like grey aliens and will be very scientific advanced

So we'll create perfect living organism capable of living in primordial earth and time travel and send it into past which will evolve in humans but then we'll come again to give knowledge and when those homo-erectus will see our technology and control over universe they will consider as humans

Top Bottom