*** Science Or God? ***

Science or God?

• Total voters

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
"Believe in God. If he exist you will find redemption. If he doesn't exist, you will loose nothing."
- IRIS. :)

Flash

Lost in speed
We are the result of lucky organic mutations that brought the 1st life.

God is a belief, whereas SCIENCE is the basic of all.

Theodre

In the zone
Re: ***science Or God?***

I think god is treated by the non-believers as SciENCe!!!:) What you cannot answer about is the when i pray for anything is solved!!!! And there have been so many situation's where hE himself showed me that he EXIST!!!!! There were so many situations were i felt his presence as support!!!! So i think he does exist!!! But one thing for sure is that he's beyond our reach!!!!:)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

I think god is treated by the non-believers as SciENCe!!!:) What you cannot answer about is the when i pray for anything is solved!!!! And there have been so many situation's where hE himself showed me that he EXIST!!!!! There were so many situations were i felt his presence as support!!!! So i think he does exist!!! But one thing for sure is that he's beyond our reach!!!!:)

May be you are confusing GOD with with your parents.

jsm17

Broken In

I dont know how science contradicts the concept of God in the first place or vice versa.
If science cant prove the existence of God and i think it never will be able to, it cant prove that God doesnt exists either.
I mean before Newton discovered gravity, people werent floating in air.
Now believing in God is just a matter of faith. You either believe in him or you dont or there are people like me who only believe in Him during trouble and exams.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
Religion is defined as a means of dividing people into different categories thereby ensuring they follow their own and fight against other "categories" after finding out that their respect was hurt somehow by them even if it actually never happened. Such fights are brutal and and in most cases costs wealth and life. In short its a means of controlling population.

Science never asks you to "Believe". It just answers questions or tells that this is unanswered. When it comes to God, its belief, belief and belief. It's true, that's just a "belief" so people ensure there is some super power above them so they stay in fear. One who doesn't fear, does whatever he wants and leaves. Things happen as destined, it's all about your perception.

Enjoy~!

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^no was meant to unite people. before radio or teleivision and internet, you knew people across the land would work towards the same thing because of religion
not all religions are meant to fight other groups. Sikhs are religiously bound to protect the practice of all faiths, not just their own.

god does not need to be real to affect us, the idea of god is sufficient. god is the ultimate projection of man's ego. It's a fantasy of micro-managing the world. this is the one thing that allows humans to think of really long term effects, for the planet, it's people, and all the other creatures as well, as against an animal-like one track mind of taking care of only yourself. it's the idea of God that allows us to play God when we want to... why are we saving creatures that were going extinct anyway?

being an atheist is just being selfish.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
^no was meant to unite people. before radio or teleivision and internet, you knew people across the land would work towards the same thing because of religion
not all religions are meant to fight other groups. Sikhs are religiously bound to protect the practice of all faiths, not just their own.

god does not need to be real to affect us, the idea of god is sufficient. god is the ultimate projection of man's ego. It's a fantasy of micro-managing the world. this is the one thing that allows humans to think of really long term effects, for the planet, it's people, and all the other creatures as well, as against an animal-like one track mind of taking care of only yourself. it's the idea of God that allows us to play God when we want to... why are we saving creatures that were going extinct anyway?

being an atheist is just being selfish.

none of the religions are taught to fight/show voilence. all religions teach peace not only Sikh. As per the "faith", we still live in the world which belongs to God. Even today's micro managed world with radio, television and internet is at the mercy of God. Then how come we have such world and people.

FYI, we are saving creatures for few reasons mainly being, to balance the food chain cycle (Eg. Tigers). Also, to avoid a particular breed to completely extinct from existence. Not because God told them to.

About being selfish, I can contradict. Atheist rely on themselves no matter what condition they are in. Faith keepers are "selfish" as their belief and prayers are at peak when they are in need (results, exams, medical emergency etc). We never pray when we are hanging out, having fun, working etc. All of sudden if bad news comes, our hands are joined.

PS: No offence, and I'm not an atheist.

Enjoy~!

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
hmm all religions may teach peace, but don't think any other religion except Sikhism makes it compulsory to protect the practice of all faiths

atheism is simply no belief in god, in theory, the way it is practiced is atheists can go around saying believers are stupid, and reject all kinds of spiritual things, basically no time for all these things, which is why, selfish In a sense. also, selfish in the sense that the people are thinking about not practicing the religion as against the wishes of their parents or family. maybe the statement is over-generic, not all atheists are selfish, but a lot of these nihilist 90s kids are gripped by this attitude, it's common in our age group

why put science against god? because we don't see the meaning of prayer or worship in our day to day lives. but in times of intense trouble, or life threatening situations, people pray, does not matter if theist or atheist, there is a series of thoughts that takes you a step at a time away from panic and brings you back into control of your body, the only way to draw the strength to do this is to pray from higher powers (luck maybe), or wish for a certain consequence without any grounded logic on why it should happen. this process is prayer, and can be done before you fall into trouble. worship continuously prepares you for tackling such situations better.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Give me one thing to prove that god existed!
NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE HERE
Okay? So shiva just cut ganapathis head and put a elephants head woah? How can anyone even believe that.;
Did he join all the nerves,bones etc to ??

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
Disagree. Just praying doesn't always bring your nerves back to control. It's always the situation the controls your emotion. You pray like hell but you still carry the fear until the problem is solved. Its all about mind games nothing else. People fool themselves to stay in control which is not required if you have a sense of self control.

And its really funny/weird to call someone selfish because he/she follows his own beliefs. What you said is something like I asked you to learn Yoga, which you didn't learn so your selfish. Makes absolutely no sense at all. Selfishness is something that you don't do by norms but when you are in need you come up running with joined hands.

And there is no religion which can claim that they have never participated in voilence. So no point discussing on that.

Enjoy~!

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
ok will say how this prayer brainwave came about to me
on a trek. there was a steep incline, fort on top, and path leading to the fort. I was on top of the fort, watching a group come up the path. One oversmart guy thought he could skip the path, and just go straight up the incline to the fort... where I was seeing him from. None of his group members had the sense to stop him. See him coming up fast, and it's easy to go up a steep slope, but it's a one-way road, once you start like that you can only slide down. But he made it almost to the top, about five meters from the edge of the fort wall, he stopped at a particularly steep area, difficult to go on. Then he saw behind him how steep it was. Then he went sideways to try a slightly diff route, and slipped. Donno if he panicked and then he slipped, or he panicked after he slipped. He slipped for a little distance and grabbed the hill side with his fingers used like claws. Then he started looking around helplessly, and I saw him praying. No folded hands or anything, but you could clearly see him wishing he was out of that place. He turned around, sat down, wiped sweat from face and looked skywards. This was not a conscious motion, but a very animal-like one. And then after about two-three minutes, he slowly and carefully, looking around at the terrain made it to the wall of the fort, and walked along the edge till he found a broken bit he climbed over.

this incident made me think specifically prayer and maybe religion has some natural aspects to it, that we have become very separated from.
you can say it was his own self control. does not stop from prayer being a component of it.

If you ask me to learn Yoga, and I don't then that's not selfish. But if I come from a family of Yoga Teachers, or say mridangam players, and I don't turn out to be a Yoga Teacher or a Mridangam Player myself, just like my ancestors, would call that at least a lil bit selfish. There are many, many benefits of belief and religion. Atheists, simply throw all these away as irrational, superstitious, and stupid, another way to assert their independence. Im talking about atheists we know irl, friends of ours, not experts and scholars in atheism. Also, many are atheists only during debates, but at home will eat prasad, touch elder's feet, and all that. Wudn't call them hypocrites.

skepticism is good in science and religion

You strictly can practice religion for it's community benefits (Christmas, Ganesh Utsav, eg), even without believing in or God

Top Bottom