*** Science Or God? ***

Science or God?

• Total voters

sygeek

Technomancer
if u believe its god why do u want to discover it... leave it to god... show some respect to his creation... why to call such people ignorant... humans just want an answer to these at the same time say its much more complex (and its god)... do they really know what exactly they want...
Are you aware of the Mesopotamians? They are probably extinct now but we have alot of their inventions as artifacts and we have even tried to know about them. There have been problems translating their language but we are still trying. Now do you call that disrespecting someone else's creation by trying to know about it even more, even if we know that the Mesopotamian were responsible for it? If someone creates something for the others to use, does that mean we can't tinker with it to our liking just because we know that he has already invented it.
God hasn't just created the whole universe just for the sake of it. God knows that someday we would be able to use our knowledge to our utmost limit and discover the greatest mysteries of the worlds, and use it for our OWN GOOD.
if people come out of some danger... they call gods miracle but what about the ones who couldnt make it.... its just an imagination by the humans in different forms based on their religions...
It is a miracle of the God to save a person just by miliseconds, in the sense that it wasn't his time to die yet and God wanted him to survive, it is not usual though (people getting saved by miliseconds). But because it happens so rarely we call it a miracle (people are not used to it). The people who die, are dead because it was their time to die, no power of the universe can stop it.
at the same time i agree to this fact that, we humans, do need to believe that something more powerful is always watching us so we dont create any sins... but its all mind games.... god is a fiction and will remain so till humans believe
It is not mind games. Why would someone above our level of complexity, aware of our existence not care about us. God wants us to do the right things BECAUSE it will lead us to a better life (our advantage, not his). Some people say live life to the fullest and enjoy till you can (party all day and night, drink, smoke and do "bad stuff". But in the end it is them who die early and don't get to live life the fullest).

Please try to read my posts (CAREFULLY) starting from the first post in my thread, even if it sounds stupid and wrong to you, do it just for the sake of the argument. Without reading any of my posts it would be just mindless of me to argue on the same topic again and again.

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
at the same time i agree to this fact that, we humans, do need to believe that something more powerful is always watching us so we dont create any sins...
Enjoy~!

Wait...so I can kill creatures without any worries because I don't fear any super being ? Wonder what has stopped me uptil now :?:

Some people say live life to the fullest and enjoy till you can (party all day and night, drink, smoke and do "bad stuff". But in the end it is them who die early and don't get to live life the fullest).

You have put all the people with notion "live life to the fullest and enjoy till you can" in a single bracket.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
it.
God hasn't just created the whole universe just for the sake of it. God knows that someday we would be able to use our knowledge to our utmost limit and discover the greatest mysteries of the worlds, and use it for our OWN GOOD.

Question....how do u know that...???

It is a miracle of the God to save a person just by miliseconds, in the sense that it wasn't his time to die yet and God wanted him to survive, it is not usual though (people getting saved by miliseconds). But because it happens so rarely we call it a miracle (people are not used to it). The people who die, are dead because it was their time to die, no power of the universe can stop it.

have u ever come across some situations where a very decent person dies such a torturing death and his/her family and loved ones suffer for there entire life. i have seen such people and the most faith keepers on god were screaming "how can god be so cruel".... is he really so cruel....??? ur right its a milisecond work for death but its not god who decides whether he should die or not? death never judges a person...it comes to good as well as bad....

Some people say live life to the fullest and enjoy till you can (party all day and night, drink, smoke and do "bad stuff". But in the end it is them who die early and don't get to live life the fullest).

sir, i have seen many drinkers and party going ones survive much more than healthy ones. some healthy ones dont get to live life to fullest. well, god decided he shouldn't. how does he justify?

Please try to read my posts (CAREFULLY) starting from the first post in my thread, even if it sounds stupid and wrong to you, do it just for the sake of the argument. Without reading any of my posts it would be just mindless of me to argue on the same topic again and again.

i would really love to but in that case i joined this thread some more than a year or two ago and have around 100+ posts in this...can't ask anyone to read through all before talking to me. even im repeating stuffs which i already discussed for your sake. hope u understand. apologies for inconvenience.

ps: im not atheist since childhood but had faced tons of consequences which made me believe either god is just imagination or is a too cruel entity. instead of showing dis-respect to others beliefs i chose the 1st option.

Enjoy~!

sygeek

Technomancer
Question....how do u know that...???
Just look around you, it is something that makes sense. God has planned everything in such a way that would all lead to the divine plan but yet we have free will.
have u ever come across some situations where a very decent person dies such a torturing death and his/her family and loved ones suffer for there entire life. i have seen such people and the most faith keepers on god were screaming "how can god be so cruel".... is he really so cruel....??? ur right its a milisecond work for death but its not god who decides whether he should die or not? death never judges a person...it comes to good as well as bad....

It was their time, everyone can't just die a simple and easy death, can they? Unless the family is aware (or believe) that there will be some other consequences after death, good or bad, good for the good and bad for the bad (not re-incarnation), they will grieve for some time but will be sure that the good person will have a good consequence after death. Death comes to everyone in any way possible and it is decided by God (the world is planned in that way). How can you say God does not decide who will die, when and how? Ever thought about it?
sir, i have seen many drinkers and party going ones survive much more than healthy ones. some healthy ones dont get to live life to fullest. well, god decided he shouldn't. how does he justify?
You're talking about accidents, aren't you cause that's a whole different case. The good will share good consequence after death. Even if the Bad survives more than a good person, he/she will share a much worse consequence after death.
ps: im not atheist since childhood but had faced tons of consequences which made me believe either god is just imagination or is a too cruel entity. instead of showing dis-respect to others beliefs i chose the 1st option.
Experiences force you into deep thinking, looks like the ratio of Bad experiences have overlapped the ratio of Good experiences leading you into negative thinking ;).

Last edited:

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
Just look around you, it is something that makes sense. God has planned everything in such a way that would all lead to the divine plan but yet we have free will.

yes i see around....yes its seems planned...but by man.....where we live today is what we planned and the resources were the nature....and again coming back...where did nature come from....nobody knows... but the way of saying "i dont know" is "god created"....

It was their time, everyone can't just die a simple and easy death, can they? Unless the family is aware (or believe) that there will be some other consequences after death, good or bad, good for the good and bad for the bad (not re-incarnation), they will grieve for some time but will be sure that the good person will have a good consequence after death. Death comes to everyone in any way possible and it is decided by God (the world is planned in that way). How can you say God does not decide who will die, when and how? Ever thought about it?

You're talking about accidents, aren't you cause that's a whole different case. The good will share good consequence after death. Even if the Bad survives more than a good person, he/she will share a much worse consequence after death

thats my question...how do we know what consequence one survives after death. how do we know what happens after death? we just imagine it we dont know it..theres no source of our information, no good or bad human comes back 2 tell us what they faced after death.why do we make such assumptions... we havnt seen it. and what about people alive who suffer someone else's life loss... they are not dieing to face good consequences. why them?

Experiences force you into deep thinking, looks like the ratio of Bad experiences have overlapped the ratio of Good experiences leading you into negative thinking

Exactly my point...positive or negative...its all about "thinking", no reality...

Enjoy~!

sygeek

Technomancer
Why are you just saying God exists and we don't know about it, people aren't that stupid to believe in someone's word of mouth. There were experiences people had earlier that led them to this thought and I'm serious.

Dude, all of the information is available in any religion's scriptures, have you noticed that many religions share the same thoughts and points. Incidents and deep thinking let me into the believe in God in a logical way such that, it makes sense. If you don't believe in God, you won't believe in scriptures (in a simple way, scriptures = word of God, I know that sounds illogical but unless you think about it deeply, you won't get the actual meaning and even if I explain you my sense, which I tried in earlier posts, you still won't understand it).

It is all about thinking..?! Thinking makes you differ from reality and fiction, people who believe, BELIEVE. People who don't believe have different thoughts.

Here's a question, do you believe that every invention in this world (earth) is created (or do you believe it just exists)?

This may be offensive (sorry) but actually your earlier posts just mention that it is not possible because God does not exist (and not why), which makes me believe that you won't ever believe in God even if I try hard to explain it to you. Unless and until God comes to talk to you for himself (in your way) you won't believe it which leads to no sense of continuing the argument.

Last edited:

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
Why are you just saying God exists and we don't know about it, people aren't that stupid to believe in someone's word of mouth. There were experiences people had earlier that led them to this thought and I'm serious.

The people we are talking about have also spread these by word of mouth only. A thousands of evidence showing impossibility doesn't alter our thinking whereas a small clue makes us a 100% believer, blindly.

Dude, all of the information is available in any religion's scriptures, have you noticed that many religions share the same thoughts and points. Incidents and deep thinking let me into the believe in God in a logical way such that, it makes sense. If you don't believe in God, you won't believe in scriptures (in a simple way, scriptures = word of God, I know that sounds illogical but unless you think about it deeply, you won't get the actual meaning and even if I explain you my sense, which I tried in earlier posts, you still won't understand it).

Religious books are written by humans only not god himself. So that is again the case of nothing more than a faith. If i think deeply i can make anything happen in virtual reality. Thinking is a very strong process thats why we say it eats more calories(sorry off-topic). My point is, we can make it look very real but it still remains just an imagination.

Here's a question, do you believe that every invention in this world (earth) is created (or do you believe it just exists)?

Answer: No. I have been telling this. Scientific inventions exist but some mystery behind natural discoveries are pending. But my alternate answer won't be "God created them".

This may be offensive (sorry) but actually your earlier posts just mention that it is not possible because God does not exist (and not why), which makes me believe that you won't ever believe in God even if I try hard to explain it to you. Unless and until God comes to talk to you for himself (in your way) you won't believe it which leads to no sense of continuing the argument.

Lol. Dude, ur not my well wisher that u want to make me change my mind for the good as u think. this is a discussion forum where we just keep our views. need not convince anyone, just justify why you think what u think. we both know we ain't gonna change each others mind. and god wont do that so your right, i wont ever believe :)

Anyways respecting your conclusion we shall end this here. Had a nice time debating with u. At least you concluded normally people here don't just stop unless they happen to stay disconnected for a while so a matured move by you. Hope to see you again. So long then. Tk care. :)

Enjoy~!

Demon Lord

Journeyman
Yes god is there.
where?
Anyone knows?
God is not there!
I mean he has gone for a vacation to a different planet and has told me to take over.So I am ur new God;Demon Lord.

Ah just kidding.
I believe in science not something which is non existent!

thenotsodarkknight

Right off the assembly line
dudes

god is present
but this jesus **** is all crap
its an aristocrats idea to make all people civilized by making up some dumb commandments
even the bible is completely astrological see zeitgeist the movie if you want to
just respect and love everyone and you will never get f****d with

doomgiver

Warframe
Yes god is there.
where?
Anyone knows?
God is not there!
I mean he has gone for a vacation to a different planet and has told me to take over.So I am ur new God;Demon Lord.

Ah just kidding.
I believe in science not something which is non existent!
way to go, we need more rational and logical people like you.
why waste your time with things that are beyond understanding when there are better things to do?

sygeek, let us assume what you said is true, so god exists, but we dont know anything about it.
if you were in the dark ages, would it be logical to pray to the "nuke" god or the "bijli" god? those things were not invented till then.

dudes

god is present
but this jesus **** is all crap
its an aristocrats idea to make all people civilized by making up some dumb commandments
even the bible is completely astrological see zeitgeist the movie if you want to
just respect and love everyone and you will never get f****d with
yes, jesus is complete load of bull$hit. that book, bible, will make a hollywood blockbuster.
so much drama, and best of all, it was extensively changed and republished in the 14th century

I believe in God

My exams are due in a week.

didnt do diddley for me. fail in maths again

tkin

Back to school!!
God exists, Here's the proof:
*blog.seanbonner.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/1246818583060.jpg

doomgiver

Warframe
no, thats a pan-dimensional hyperbeing who has come to the earth to save us from Tacgnol.

you of all people should know better.

on a side note, how the f do you do spoilers?

tkin

Back to school!!
no, thats a pan-dimensional hyperbeing who has come to the earth to save us from Tacgnol.

you of all people should know better.

on a side note, how the f do you do spoilers?
That is LONGCAT.

Any way use this [SPOILE_R][/SPOILER]
Remove the underscore.

tkin

Back to school!!
Food for thought:
*2.bp.blogspot.com/_DBmS5Qnt5qI/TPFbXn7TujI/AAAAAAAAJtY/YzixcOeQnK0/s1600/die+philosoraptor-die-god.png

doomgiver

Warframe
all believers, read this and commit mass suicide to get closer to god.

and leave the earth to us poor folks

this was the most confusing philosoraptor quote ever.
i had to wrap it around my head a few times to make sense of it

sygeek

Technomancer
People with different opinions cannot conclude with each other. Let's just say, God doesn't exist for you because you cannot logically evaluate him, but it does for us because we believe in him through personal experiences and have been successful in evaluating Him to a limit.

What I'm asking here is, I respect your opinion, please respect mine, but you don't have to agree with it.

Sarath

iDota
+1 for this^^^
leave the believers alone and leave the non believers alone too.
People with different opinions cannot conclude with each other. Let's just say, God doesn't exist for you because you cannot logically evaluate him, but it does for us because we believe in him through personal experiences and have been successful in evaluating Him to a limit.

What I'm asking here is, I respect your opinion, please respect mine, but you don't have to agree with it.

Top Bottom