*** Science Or God? ***

Science or God?

• Total voters

doomgiver

Warframe
edison's work(invention of bulb) is proof itself. we have drawings, schematics, and designs. they all are proven to work. even if it was not edison, then someone else must have made the bulb. the point is, the bulb can be proven to exist. the same cannot be said for god.

nothing about "god" is proven to work.
show me one instance where you can say : "yes, if we do this, we get this"

sygeek

Technomancer
We are the invention of God, carefully made with such perfection to work. We can be proven to exist. We have scriptures (Word from God explaining everything in a very basic way).
show me one instance where you can say : "yes, if we do this, we get this
??? Do you mean:
Every action (by man/naturally) has a reaction? I think some famous scientist proved that..hmm..

I proved my point bro, briefly. If you can't find holes in it, get rid of your arrogance and accept it.

Last edited:

Neuron

Electronic.
The reasons why I believe in a 'GOD'.

1.Every event(except one) occurring in the universe has a cause.
Suppose an event A was caused by an event B and B by C and C by D and so on.BUT,this chain cannot be infinitely long.If it is then there is no first event since every event X_n has a parent event(or cause) X_n-1.So there must be a first event which occurred without any cause.Thus one of the basic principles of science has already been violated.There is no way on earth science is going to successfully explain why/how this occurred.And I find my GOD here.

2.We live in the present.ie, the present time,not past neither future.But,think how long is the present time?
Surely less than one second and also less than one nano second or even less than (1/10000000) of a nano second.ie,the length of 'present' should be so small such that it cannot be any further small.And there is only one number that satisfy this and its zero(0).Take any other number,a smaller value can be found by adding a 0 after the decimal point.Like(0.001>0.000001>0.0000000001>........>0).There you go.We live in 'present' of length zero and yet we live or do we?.

Last edited:

doomgiver

Warframe
We are the invention of God, carefully made with such perfection to work. We can be proven to exist. We have scriptures (Word from God explaining everything in a very basic way).
no, i mean for every invention there HAS to be a less complicated predecessor. like pentium 2 came before 3, before 4, so on, so there must be middle ancestor.
if god created a "perfect" man, why do we have all the different kinds of ppl today? black, brown, yellow, white? why the diseases? there is no perfection in this world
if god created "perfect" life, then why do we have mosquitos, bugs and other cr@p? what purpose do they serve?

scriptures are nothing but transcripts of a trip. how else do you explain them? men coming from sky, blah, giant mutant monkeys, blah, mutants with 10 skulls, blah, flying carpets..... oops, chariots :) forgot :p

what if the event was such that we dont have the means to observe or theorize about?

like, would you expect a medieval knight to theorize about microscopes and lasers?
we just have to keep looking for more knowledge.

that living in the present thing goes into the virtual reality shelf, buddy :)
thats a debate for another time "[poll] are we really sentient???"

sygeek

Technomancer
no, i mean for every invention there HAS to be a less complicated predecessor. like pentium 2 came before 3, before 4, so on, so there must be middle ancestor.
if god created a "perfect" man, why do we have all the different kinds of ppl today? black, brown, yellow, white? why the diseases? there is no perfection in this world
if god created "perfect" life, then why do we have mosquitos, bugs and other cr@p? what purpose do they serve?

scriptures are nothing but transcripts of a trip. how else do you explain them? men coming from sky, blah, giant mutant monkeys, blah, mutants with 10 skulls, blah, flying carpets..... oops, chariots :) forgot :p

what if the event was such that we dont have the means to observe or theorize about?

like, would you expect a medieval knight to theorize about microscopes and lasers?
we just have to keep looking for more knowledge.

that living in the present thing goes into the virtual reality shelf, buddy :)
thats a debate for another time "[poll] are we really sentient???"
I mentioned that in my theory, that there might have been apes first and God made MAN based on them.
Perfect in the sense that it has no "bugs" or "exploits" (like machines) such that the balance of the world can be maintained.
You know why there are diseases and other bad things? To maintain the balance of the world, to prevent overpopulation to occur TOO SOON. If everybody would have been perfect in your sense then the world just have been BOOOORING. All those things maintain the balance of the earth. EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD THAT EXISTS SERVES FOR A PURPOSE.
By scriptures I meant my religion's scriptures, I haven't read other religion's scriptures so I can't say anything. It doesn't have those above things you mentioned (or atleast in the way you mentioned it). And please try to actually read the scriptures instead of hearing what others say and exaggerating it in a stupid way.

You didn't really read anything in the scriptures did you, just base your thoughts on what others say...*sigh*. That's ignorance and arrogance, something which would never help anyone in a fair argument...

Last edited:

doomgiver

Warframe
i read enough of scriptures to get sick of them.
totally illogical.

well, in cas e of overpopulation, your god can just wave a hand and burn to ashes the extra load!!! why all this need for the virus-shirus mumbo jumbo???

ok, i can plead a bit of ignorance, but its your scriptures which are arrogant in assuming that god exists for them.

sygeek

Technomancer
^Wouldn't that be stupid, illogical, weird and insensible? God does everything in a very general and logical way.
ok, i can plead a bit of ignorance, but its your scriptures which are arrogant in assuming that god exists for them.
Well, how? It is your arrogance that you see it in that way.

Last edited:

doomgiver

Warframe
arrogant back to you

how can you say that your god is logical?

give the PROOF, instead of generalizing.
i ask, can a normal, sane man imagine mutant monkeys? 10 heads? surely, its the work of someone high on lsd.

ok, enough is enough, there is only one true god, and he is the God Emperor of mankind.
bow down to Him, heretics, or face His Wrath

Emperor of Mankind - Lexicanum

FOR THE EMPEROR!!!

sygeek

Technomancer
Here we go all over again, that's what I was trying to PROVE FROM MY FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD AND YOU ASK IT ALL OVER AGAIN...
Arrogance back to you bro..

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I mentioned that in my theory, that there might have been apes first and God made MAN based on them.
Perfect in the sense that it has no "bugs" or "exploits" (like machines) such that the balance of the world can be maintained.

You do realize vesitgial organs and homologous organs
Why people suffer from appendicitis :lol:

Perfect...eh !

sygeek

Technomancer
^Perfect in the sense that the balance can be maintained, perfect in the sense that it can survive the world..*sigh*.
Ok, here's a question, You guys ask why people die of diseases so badly when there's God and at the same time curse about the overpopulation crisis in some countries..Don't you answer the question yourself?
*Overpopulation wasn't a crisis before, someday the world is going to end and it is one of it's sign that it is near. Like every organism shows some signs before his death/end and soon naturally (or by man's actions :p) dies. The more the complex the organism is the more it's lifespan is. No, I'm not saying the world is an organism (pffft) just an example.

Last edited:

sygeek

Technomancer
^Yup doesn't apply to everything but I meant in a general sense to what I have been observing. But hey, instead of finding a grammatical fault with my statement, please prove with science that God doesn't exist.
BTW, Do you know if there's a missing direct link between early apes to Humans? I don't know if it is true cause I saw that in an episode of "The Simpsons"...lol..But can you clarify it? If it is true then my theory (in previous page) might make a LITTLE sense.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
defination of god...theres no single one.....different people have different meanings... the best answer i have is an undefined power....

for me....theres no god...theres just a few undefined/undiscovered science.... whichever is proved is ofcourse science.....terms like galaxy evolution or source of life is still somewhat a mystery,,,agreed....that doesnt say its god who created....its just a mystery...may be we find answers soon.....like we had so far...

Enjoy~!

^If your wise enough to get my point, you'll know what I actually mean.

no offence intended...was just lightening things up a bit....i got ur point... :)

Enjoy~!

sygeek

Technomancer
defination of god...theres no single one.....different people have different meanings... the best answer i have is an undefined power....

for me....theres no god...theres just a few undefined/undiscovered science.... whichever is proved is ofcourse science.....terms like galaxy evolution or source of life is still somewhat a mystery,,,agreed....that doesnt say its god who created....its just a mystery...may be we find answers soon.....like we had so far...
Why? Don't you believe that there can be someone much more complex than us (most complex) who can provide us with what we have today. Just like we being a more complex organism in respect to a lower organism, like dog, provide it with shelter, food, etc.

Please read my above posts, starting from my first post in this thread.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
no sir...i have never come across a situation which would make me believe like that... i just believe what seems justified to me...

surely there are things, like i said, still unanswered but believing its just someone more complex would stop us from trying to discover it. i dont have any disrespect for ppl who believe in god but im surely not one of them.

Enjoy~!

sygeek

Technomancer
no sir...i have never come across a situation which would make me believe like that... i just believe what seems justified to me...
*sigh* You are just too used to it to notice it.
surely there are things, like i said, still unanswered but believing its just someone more complex would stop us from trying to discover it. i dont have any disrespect for ppl who believe in god but im surely not one of them.

Enjoy~!
I never said stop trying to discover the unknown, just because someone MUCH MORE COMPLEX is the cause for it (the creator of it, God). People who believe that we should not discover the unknown just because they know that someone more complex (God) has made it, are just ignorant.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
if u believe its god why do u want to discover it... leave it to god... show some respect to his creation... why to call such people ignorant... humans just want an answer to these at the same time say its much more complex (and its god)... do they really know what exactly they want...

if people come out of some danger... they call gods miracle but what about the ones who couldnt make it.... its just an imagination by the humans in different forms based on their religions...

at the same time i agree to this fact that, we humans, do need to believe that something more powerful is always watching us so we dont create any sins... but its all mind games.... god is a fiction and will remain so till humans believe

Enjoy~!

Top Bottom