** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
How to fill up this form :

*img89.imageshack.us/img89/8373/picture1os2.png

Lets say my phone no is : 245213 and std code of my district is : 08682
What is my service id ?? The one with which I logged into this portal or the one I use to connect to internet ??

I have ordered for a change in Plan from H750 to H500 and I need to verify that, hence the need to fill this form. I don't get it right any way I try, please help ?? :-(

P

paroh

ping rate is very high and same the connection 256kbps up and 256kbps down

upendra_gp

In the zone
hi what is the contact no. for complaints for people on NIB-1?
also which OS gives better speeds while downloading torrents Vista Or XP?
please tell me as i have not got good speeds. i don't get speeds beyond 100kB down and 20 kB up. please reply fast!!!

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
guys i am having problems with youtube...

i tried foxyproxy ... but the proxy address is giving me headache... i thought i can use proxy and over come the problem .. but its now showing " This video is no longer available " it shows this message for all videos i need to see...

i turned my IP address into DMZ in my router ... is it causing the problem ??

please help me guys .. and fast... thnks

shri

Always Fresh!
How to fill up this form :

Lets say my phone no is : 245213 and std code of my district is : 08682
What is my service id ?? The one with which I logged into this portal or the one I use to connect to internet ??

I have ordered for a change in Plan from H750 to H500 and I need to verify that, hence the need to fill this form. I don't get it right any way I try, please help ?? :-(

You should enter 8682#245213 in the Telephone number field.
Leave the Service Id field blank. Done. :)

shri

Always Fresh!
Ok now here's my experience regarding plan change from Home 250 to Home 750. I had applied for this in September end so that the change over would happen in October.

1.Utorrent speed on 1st October: Post

2.Plan change status on BSNL site: Post

3.Confusion between 'open' and 'provisioned' status: Post

4.Service effective date in BSNL site:Post

All this made me feel that BSNL mistakenly forgot to change my bandwidth from 2Mbps to 256Kbps. I was happy (even boasting about it in the first post link)

Then this happened...
On 4th October when I checked the plan status BOO!! it was changed to 'Future date'.AAAhhhhhh!!!
*img60.imageshack.us/img60/543/portalnewwd3.th.jpg*img60.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif
I immediately checked my usage. It was a huge 7.5GB data under chargeable column. The service effective date was now showing 5th Oct. Does this mean that I had to pay 6.5k to 7k bill? I didn't know what to do. I couldn't tell dad as he was opposed to the plan change in the first place.

I called BSNL 'customer support' on 1800 something number. Explained this situation for about 5 mins. At the end of it the guy says " Sorry but your call is not from Bangalore. Call 1500 to talk to your local exchange." Bloody hell. Called 1500. Said hello, I have some broadband billing problem. She cut me off immediately with "Its common. It will be sorted out when your bill is prepared." I was still uncertain. Plan status became 'Provisioned' from the 5th.

After two days I went to the BSNL HQ in my city with the printouts of account management page before and after the BOO!! shock. (Thanks for advising me to do this- someone in this forum- I can't remember now). The officer there asked my landline telephone number. In his records the plan change effective date was 1st Oct. I showed him the printouts. He replied that plan changes are always effected from the 1st of every month and I need not worry. To my question as what if the bill comes in thousands, he said it won't happen. If at all by any chance it happens, he would get it corrected.

Well, nothing else to do after that but to wait till my bill is generated. I had told about this to my mom and guess what, my dad too knew it. On the billing day (7th Nov) I woke up early, logged on to BSNL's billing enquiry, typed the number, held my breath and.......
*img236.imageshack.us/img236/483/billyq6.th.jpg*img236.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif
.....YEA!!!! Only 750 (rental) was charged in the bill. First thing I did was to tell dad about it. Puff... God bless BSNL. (Feeling greedy now as I could have used that awesome speed more ;) ).

Moral:
Anyone going for a plan change note that there are 3 different plan status:
Closed: No longer in use. Your previous plan should have this status.
Open: The new plan that you have opted for. The change is still being processed. Use at your own risk!!!
Provisioned: New plan now effective.
Always wait till your plan is 'provisioned' to you.

Saahib

Cyborg Agent
@shri..
That was cool to read :p

Well, I had too once changed from 900UL(now750) to 500combo + (something like you) and after that to avoid any bad thing .. specially the headache (as happened with you), I keep on checking and careful usage untill I was satisfied that now I have 2mbps (capped) ..

Anyways.. You are just luck .. I guess otherwise would have been in big mess and no help around :p

thjoku

Right off the assembly line
Is dataone prorated

Hello,
I requested for a plan change from 900unlimited to 250 limited. From my usage details
i see that the plan was changed on 23rd oct. So my usage from 23rd oct till 31st oct was around 2000 mb. So as per the plan, the usage cost should be around Rs.2000. But in the bill, the misc. charges showed Rs.8000. Wehn I check with the AE of my local exchange, they say that the total usage for the whole month is around 10000 Mb, so the cost is
rs.8000. Im confused, if its not prorated, btw how can they charge me for 250 plan which i was not subscribed until 23rd oct. Anyone else faced such issues, what im supposed to do now.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Offer's Over said:
Um, I've got a free promotional code to BSNL's Game on Demand service. I don't want it, so I can give it away and I have not used it either.

It says that using the code will make you get GoD service for free till Nov 30th. If anyone want one, drop me a PM. (I got only one).

More of GoD @ *bsnl.indiagames.com​

I've given it to gary4gar since he requested it first. I guess other Chennai Telephones customers who just recd. the bill might also have it, if they are interested in giving it away. :)

Last edited:

anoopasokan

hello friends i am using window xp 64 -bit is there any 64 bit driver for bsnl plese reply meee

hello is there any 64 bit driver from bsnl

Last edited:

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ Any links to the official announcement or circular. Someone had posted the same in my Community too. Thanks :)

Edit : It seems the offer is valid for Calcutta Circle only. Also Calcutta Telephones and West Bengal Telecom Circle are going to be merged.

Last edited:

Saahib

Cyborg Agent
hello friends i am using window xp 64 -bit is there any 64 bit driver for bsnl plese reply meee

hello is there any 64 bit driver from bsnl

You do not need any driver for BSNL.. its not a a device.. its a net connection. .. Untill you are not using USB as connection to your modem.. then too you have drivers with MODEM CD.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
hey guys how is the speed of the 256Kbps plug to surf plan of BSNL? I guess it costs round 250 per month....I'll be using it in jamshedpur..

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
^^ Any links to the official announcement or circular. Someone had posted the same in my Community too. Thanks :)

Edit : It seems the offer is valid for Calcutta Circle only. Also Calcutta Telephones and West Bengal Telecom Circle are going to be merged.
No luck for Chennai Telephones? :(

arun_e

What is portal ID. I need this for checking my dataone usage.
Please give me any other options if possible...

Shall we use the defult broadband username and password for this???

Top Bottom