** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

janitha said:
@gary4gar
:eek: when you will leave your habit of quoting soooooo long post??

how dare you*farm3.static.flickr.com/2267/2122604803_10327dbcf9_o.png
*farm3.static.flickr.com/2180/2122604477_1f3f245df7_o.png

ajaybc

Youngling

BSNL service is very poor.Recently they changed the password of all BB users without any notiication beforehand.They also changed the portal which gave us the usage info.After the password change I wasnt able to log in to net for 2 days.I thought it was network problem.When I called the local exchange they gave me another number and that person gave me another .......and atlast got the number of JTO who gave me instructions for changing the modem config.
After that it was OK.

Now the problem is that when I login to the all new portal they give me the usage in a new way.And the thing that bothers me is that there it is given amount in paise and as of now it is Rs.237.Iam a Dataone 500 plan user and i have 2.5 GB limit and Iam pretty sure I havent consumed even half of it as my computer monitor was repaired only last monday and after that I havent used much.When I called them they dont know anything and redirects me to another number then to another and so on.

If any one knows what the problem is please help me.

Last edited:

prakhar18

Broken In

which of these plans is better..

1. TriB Unlimited 256 K 256 256 Unlimited 949 NA 1 Nil
2.TriB 749NU Upto 2M 256 256 Unlimited in Night Hrs (00:00-8:00) & 1.25 GB in day (08:00-24:00) 1GB 749 NA 1 Rs 1.00/MB (day hrs)

din

Tribal Boy

OK, my connection seems to be OK now. Only problem I am facing is - Some of the sites does not work sometime. Example : Yahoo. Sometimes FTP client refuses to work and finally - sometimes MSN messenger does not work (I use Pidgin whenever MSN is not working and Pidgin works all the time).

Now the question is whats the best method to tackle this ? Using proxy ? Any other ideas ? Using Pidgin is ok, but I am used to msn messenger, so any other way ?

Thanks ain advance.

aravind.gslv

Broken In
I hav a peculiar problem

If my modem is switched on for a very long time. I get disconnected.
Bsnl 2mbps plan.
Cann't host properly(Lags always).
And my torrent download speed won't exceed 150KBps even when i get 246KBps for normal downloads.
Why such difference?
Even if seeds are very high this happens.
Anyway to fix this ?

some asked me to open ports?
whts that supposed to mean!

why this page time out happenig to me?

ajaybc

Youngling

Hi aravind

U need to port forward to get the maximum speed in utorrent.
Please visit this site: *www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Select your router model from the list shown there.Mine is UT Star UT300R2U.

It will then Take u to anothr page where u have to select the program for which u need to portforward.Select ur torrent client from the list shown there.
I use utorrent it is the best.Now it will give u simple step by step instructions to portforward.

And regarding the timing out of ur connection u need to change the modem settings.
I use UT300R2U modem and I assume u use the same.the steps are somewhat common for all modems.
For UT300R2U-

1.open a browser and type in 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and press enter.

2.Click on advanced>PPP

3.Select the option - "Manual (Use Connect/Disconnect button only)"

4.Click Apply.

5.Then click the top "Tools" button

6.Then click "Misc."

7.Then Click "Save and Reboot".

Wait for around 3minutes till the modem restarts.

And that is it.

Dishant

Broken In

hi guys. i hv dataone 900 ul plus plan but my download speed does not exceed by 35kbps.....pls help

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity

Dishant said:
hi guys. i hv dataone 900 ul plus plan but my download speed does not exceed by 35kbps.....pls help
Yes, as it is 256 Kilo Bits Per second
256 KILO BITS PER SECOND = 256/8 Kilo Bytes
=32 kbps :grin:

Or you are saying that u are getting 32 Kilo bits per second :confused:

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume

Harry Potter said:
Yes, as it is 256 Kilo Bits Per second
256 KILO BITS PER SECOND = 256/8 Kilo Bytes
=32 kbps :grin:

Or you are saying that u are getting 32 Kilo bits per second :confused:

kbps is kilo bits
KBps is Kilo Bytes per second..

be careful to not mix up these values..

tharun518

Banned

din said:
OK, my connection seems to be OK now. Only problem I am facing is - Some of the sites does not work sometime. Example : Yahoo. Sometimes FTP client refuses to work and finally - sometimes MSN messenger does not work (I use Pidgin whenever MSN is not working and Pidgin works all the time).

Now the question is whats the best method to tackle this ? Using proxy ? Any other ideas ? Using Pidgin is ok, but I am used to msn messenger, so any other way ?

Thanks ain advance.

Ya i have the same problem. Can't properly connect to reliancemoney.com. It is mostly found in between 10am to 11am.

Indranil92001

Journeyman

About KBps and kbps

(KiloBits Per Second) One thousand bits per second. Kbps is used as a rating of relatively slow transmission speed compared to the common Mbps or Gbps ratings. Upper case "B" in KBps means kilobytes per second, but "b" for bit and "B" for byte are not always followed and often misprinted. KBps or KB/s would be used for earlier disk and tape transfer ratings as data are transferred in parallel, not serial.

ladykiller

Right off the assembly line

hey....... i hav BSNL dataone HOME250 plan....... but now..... i wanna change it to HOME500C... so i gave an application to them on 26th of December....... so my 1st question is that.. will they change my plan from 1st january....... i mean.. r they quick enough to do that????????

secondly...... how will i know that my plan has changed???????
presently i hav HOME250... bt the BSNL portal site shows plan "Download speed upto 2 Mbps"..... not anything else:confused:*img241.imageshack.us/img241/2763/capturemorecp1.jpg .. so wat does it means???? nd how to see which plan i got??

Last edited:

ladykiller

Right off the assembly line

BSNL service is very poor.Recently they changed the password of all BB users without any notiication beforehand.They also changed the portal which gave us the usage info.After the password change I wasnt able to log in to net for 2 days.I thought it was network problem.When I called the local exchange they gave me another number and that person gave me another .......and atlast got the number of JTO who gave me instructions for changing the modem config.
After that it was OK.

Now the problem is that when I login to the all new portal they give me the usage in a new way.And the thing that bothers me is that there it is given amount in paise and as of now it is Rs.237.Iam a Dataone 500 plan user and i have 2.5 GB limit and Iam pretty sure I havent consumed even half of it as my computer monitor was repaired only last monday and after that I havent used much.When I called them they dont know anything and redirects me to another number then to another and so on.

If any one knows what the problem is please help me.

hey... dont worry......... the usage u r getting that is.... Rs.237 is according to the rate of 80 paise per MB... or wateva.. be Acc. to ur plan..... thats the problem with the new portal..... it does n't that BSNL also provides free MBs:grin:

nd hey... in my town... every new connection is getting this type of changed portal......... old users still got that old... gud portal......:cool:

ajaybc

Youngling

Thank you for th reply Ladykiller

After all u were the only one who replied to my post

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz

Guys....BSNL have introduced this new site for checking account usage but I think this is only for the new users as one of my friends who recently got BB can login into the account whereas I can't...can you guys..plz confirm this site :

*p3hosting.bsnl.in:9080/BroadBandCustomerPortal/

janitha

Wise Old Owl

Guys....BSNL have introduced this new site for checking account usage but I think this is only for the new users as one of my friends who recently got BB can login into the account whereas I can't...can you guys..plz confirm this site :

*p3hosting.bsnl.in:9080/BroadBandCustomerPortal/

Unable.

Top Bottom