Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

Rockstar11 said:
*myspeed.visualware.com/speedtest/speedtestjs.html

myspeed test -
download - 34 kbps
upload -25 kbps
BSNL dataone 2 mbps
plan - home1000

Main Rou *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/20.gif Ya Hasu *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/21.gif, Karu Main Kya Karu… ...*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/7.gif
test again:)
maybe on other site like speedtest.net

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters

Yep, even when my net crawls and stutters at an abysmal 30Kbps, the BSNL Broadband tester on their webpage (from the Local server) zooms and proclaims a download speed of 2750Kbps. Fantastic. But it is practically of no use to me when my browser stops dead waiting to open thinkdigit.com for eternity.(happened just a while ago):( And I got a very amusing speed in my Speed tester 1.8Kbps!!!!!!!!! before my browser said goodbye for the next five minutes :D

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters

The downstream noise margin @ 0217 hrs today was 12 db and these are the speedtest results
URL: *myspeed.visualware.com/speedtest/speedtestjs.html
When: Sat Dec 15 02:17:16 IST 2007
Download: 1,119,144 bps
Upload: 426,576 bps
QOS: 88%
RTT: 355 ms
MaxPause: 274 ms
Test #: 2989042
The server from which this speed test is carried out is situated @Dulles, Virginia, USA.
It is prudent to stick to one speed test site so as to keep the route traced the same for a comparative analysis of the speed at different times.

And since most of the servers which we log on to are situated in USA it makes sense to choose any one server there.
I have now downloaded and installed Visual Route 2008 (free to try for 15 days) from
*download.visualware.com/networkmonitoring/index.html
to check out where exactly the bottleneck occurs when the speeds are low.Hope to fix the culprit in the next one or two days insha Allah:)
Here is a sample trace
View attachment 1345

Last edited:

arnab2kool

On the net
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here

Hello all,

Its strange, really strange. Another victim of BSNL Broadband (well usually get 4-5 kbps at nights, but still BROADBAND). I am in Siliguri, West Bengal. The speed really crawls, takes ages just to open the Digit Forum! What about you guys? Is there any solution for this? Really man, I am frustrated. Is there any way out? I am really in a mood to kick their balls HARD.

Thank you.

Rockstar11

Technomancer

^^^ are tum digit forum ki baat kar rahe ho.. yaha to kabhi kabhi google site bhi nahi chalti....itni low speed milti hai auar DC bhi ho jata hai...*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/2.gif pareshan kar diya hai BSNL ne *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/s10.gif

Indranil92001

Journeyman

arnab2kool said:
Hello all,

Its strange, really strange. Another victim of BSNL Broadband (well usually get 4-5 kbps at nights, but still BROADBAND). I am in Siliguri, West Bengal. The speed really crawls, takes ages just to open the Digit Forum! What about you guys? Is there any solution for this? Really man, I am frustrated. Is there any way out? I am really in a mood to kick their balls HARD.

Thank you.

Last few days I face same problem in night unlimited, But now I get good speed at night unlimeted. I am in Kolkata, West Bengal

appu

Knowledge Nomad

Rockstar11 said:
^^^ are tum digit forum ki baat kar rahe ho.. yaha to kabhi kabhi google site bhi nahi chalti....itni low speed milti hai auar DC bhi ho jata hai...*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/2.gif pareshan kar diya hai BSNL ne *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/s10.gif

same here too dude maybe like last time they may be testing 8mb now as they were doing a year ago when they tested 2mb

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman

Hey guys my old Huwei SmartAX MT880 modem broke down so I bought a new one from BSNL this one is UT Starcom UT300RTU but, I'm having a problem with this modem that when I start the modem and on the pc and then try to connect It won't let me in the first place! I keep getting a message saying 'Connecting to WAN miniport PPPOE' untill I restart my pc. I'm using ethernet yet since my old one only had ethernet support and I'm even kinda used to It. My ethernet is Atheros. Any suggestion to shoot this trouble? I haven't tried USB yet since this one has the option.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

Check the modem settings page and see it the wan settings are configured properly.

sabret00the

Youngling

Need the link to download latest firmware for UTSTARCOM WA3002-g1 Wireless ADSL Router. Does anyone face Page cannot be displayed issues with this modem/router in Windows XP?

arnab2kool

On the net

Indranil92001 said:
Last few days I face same problem in night unlimited, But now I get good speed at night unlimeted. I am in Kolkata, West Bengal

Thats nice. But How I can get the same? Is there any way?

Also how to access the modem settings? Is there any way, if I modify modem settings I can get high speeds?

Thank you.

Mrinal Mohit

Broken In

guys, since morning, i'm not able to access sites like Google, Indian Rail etc. Please help. They are not blocked on my PC. I can access this Forum, Live Search, WikiP etc..

sabret00the

Youngling

Mrinal Mohit said:
guys, since morning, i'm not able to access sites like Google, Indian Rail etc. Please help. They are not blocked on my PC. I can access this Forum, Live Search, WikiP etc..

At times even my UTSTARCOM WA3002-g1 Wireless ADSL modem cum Router from BSNL blocks connections to bank and other secured sites in XP...but everything works fine with Vista...I really need to upgrade the firmware of my router but not able to find any site to download the firware.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Mrinal Mohit said:

I was also not able to access but I can access now.

praka123

left this forum longback

today from 9.30 AM onwards am troubled with slow speed in most sites.few sites though loads fast.I donno whether it is opendns or dataone.mostly dataone is the culprit.

janitha

Wise Old Owl

I have been experiencing dial up like speeds every now and then, for nearly a fortnight. Other times it is normal.

din

Tribal Boy

I am having a terrible time. Dataone down most of the time. When it is up, the speed is excellent. Not sure whom to contact. any ideas from where I will get some help ?

Symptoms - sometimes the link LED blinks sometimes it becomes stable. In both cases, no internet.

Place - Alappuzha, Kerala. Scheme Unlimited 256. Modem - Black one - Siemens.

Tried many things suggested by the members, like giving direct connection etc, but no use. The line from exchange to home is gully underground cable, phone works all the time.

Top Bottom