** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

yep,@Cyrus, I did not anticipate such a quick response from you.:)
My Netgear DG834Gv3 replaced the BSNL MT800 modem on 10 Sep 2007 and from day one has been operating with the latest firmware (dated 05 Sep 2007)

I did not rush to surrender the MT800 to BSNL but chose to keep it with me for more than two and half months, just in case the Netgear gives any problem. But the Netgear was performing without any hitch all along and there was no difference in performance from that of MT800. Even the data provided by the two modems such as ADSL sync speeds,attenuation, noise margin etc., were almost the same.

Even after the connection was restored on 27 Nov 2007, I had the MT800 for three days till 30 Nov 2007. During this period I had noticed the change in the line statistics and erratic speeds, and I had double checked it with the MT800. Both showed the same results and erratic performance. I have the screen shots of the data from both the modems and had shown these to the JTO who visited me on 30 Nov 2007 to take back the MT800.( I had made sure that BSNL can’t play tricks and pass the buck on the Modem.)

I do not think that between 19 Nov 2007 and 27 Nov 2007 when I was without any BB connection, my internal wiring has deteriorated to such an extent to bring the noise margin down to 6 db from 22 db. The BSNL line ( a thick cable with many pairs) terminates on a telephone Rose just below the balcony outside and my internal wiring starts from there. ( it is not just a twist but secure connection . My two neighbours' connections are just twists there).There are no joints anywhere. In any case, I shall ask someone to climb and clean the bare ends and tighten them tom at the telephone rose just to make sure nothing is left on any pretext, as you have suggested. Sometimes the least expected do happen. (just like the CO disconnecting my BB connection that was working flawlessly and putting me to all these troubles)
And here is today’s screenshot .
View attachment 1336
Please note that the ADSL line sync is not lost –it was never lost – but the WAN reading shows zero uptime – PPPoE lost. IE not able to fetch the speed test file coz connectivity is lost. The rest of the page I presume has been obtained from the cache.

Thanks Cyrus for propelling me to the cleanup act.Without that prop I wouldn’t have attempted to do it.:)

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

Cyrus_the_virus said:
Well, technically speaking, yes it could be the modem at fault as well, as I mentioned before most modems do support AnnexureB which is 8Mbps however, some modem/routers do need to br updated with their latest firmware. We have had several clients facing such issues. So, I would first advise you to make sure that the problem is not at your end by any means, which is again the process of isolation. So, go to the website of your modem/router manufacturer and see if you can get the lates firmware/drivers for them.

whats this annexureB??
how can one check if his router supports this?
my router D-link GLB 502T gives the following modulations
Code:
NO_MODE
	ADSL_G.dmt
	ADSL_G.lite
	ADSL_G.dmt.bis
	ADSL_G.dmt.bis_DELT
	ADSL_2plus
	ADSL_2plus_DELT
	ADSL_re-adsl
	ADSL_re-adsl_DELT
	ADSL_ANSI_T1.413
	MULTI_MODE
	ADSL_G.dmt.bis_AnxI
	ADSL_G.dmt.bis_AnxJ
	ADSL_G.dmt.bis_AnxM
	ADSL_2plus_AnxI
	ADSL_2plus_AnxJ
	ADSL_2plus_AnxM
	G.shdsl
	IDSL
	HDSL
	SDSL
	VDSL

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume

Ponmayilal said:
I do not think that between 19 Nov 2007 and 27 Nov 2007 when I was without any BB connection, my internal wiring has deteriorated to such an extent to bring the noise margin down to 6 db from 22 db.

Well, one thing that needs to be understood here is that it's not the same. Although your question is valid, if you look at it technically, it's not. I'll tell you why. Because, althought it's the same line, you used to have a higher SNR on the line when it worked fine and now, when a lower SNR has been introduced on your line, it doens't seem to be able to coupe up.

SNR is not something that changes only due to wiring, a set SNR is set at the Exchange and if your line is not able to transmit such low SNR values is when the connection will start dropping out.
Here is the trick of High speed lines, they can only increase the speed by decreasing the SNR but the trick is to find the best SNR to Speed ratio for the line which is normally done during the stabilization period. If the SNR is too high, you see a lower synch value and vice versa.

And from looking at the line attenuation of 51db, looks like your line is just inside the 3Km mark. Because 60db is the max that can assure you a stable connection. However, all the BSNL guys need to do is increase you SNR to a min of 8-12 which I assume should be ideal for your line, you should have a synch speed of approximately 4Mbps which should be your line's ideal values.

However, I must remind you that dropping PPoE can also be a completely unrelated issue. But you can't prove it to be some other problem unless you first sort out the SNR issue on the line which I believe should sort the dropping PPoE as well from my experience dealing with these kind of issue.

gary4gar said:
whats this annexureB??
how can one check if his router supports this?
my router D-link GLB 502T gives the following modulations

AnnexureB is not a modulation type. It's just a driver/firmware version. You won't be able to check that directly on your modem/router. But like I said before, many things which we don't need to break our head over are there and this is one of them, all you need to do is get the latest drivers/firmware and it will have all the support for the hight speed 8Mbps lines.;)

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

Cyrus_the_virus said:

AnnexureB is not a modulation type. It's just a driver/firmware version. You won't be able to check that directly on your modem/router. But like I said before, many things which we don't need to break our head over are there and this is one of them, all you need to do is get the latest drivers/firmware and it will have all the support for the hight speed 8Mbps lines.;)

well there must be any way to find out?
maybe if one can telnet the router then:rolleyes:
Code:
gaurish@gaurish-desktop:~$ telnet 192.168.1.1
Trying 192.168.1.1...
Connected to 192.168.1.1.
Escape character is '^]'.

BusyBox on localhost login: root
Password: 

BusyBox v0.61.pre (2006.06.30-13:40+0000) Built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

# help

Built-in commands:
-------------------
        . : bg break builtin cd chdir continue eval exec exit export
        false fc fg hash help jobs kill local pwd read readonly return
        set setvar shift times trap true type ulimit umask unset wait
# ls -l
drwxr-xr-x    1 4933     1262          224 Jun 30  2006 bin
drwxr-xr-x    1 0        0               0 Jan  1  1970 dev
drwxr-xr-x    1 4933     1262          347 Sep 13  2006 etc
drwxr-xr-x    1 4933     1262          542 Jun 30  2006 lib
dr-xr-xr-x   28 0        0               0 Sep  8 12:00 proc
drwxr-xr-x    1 4933     1262          139 Jun 30  2006 sbin
drwxr-xr-x    1 4933     1262           52 Jun 30  2006 usr
drwxr-xr-x    1 4933     1262            0 Sep  8 12:00 var
-rw-r--r--    1 0        0           71680 Oct 30  2006 var.tar
BusyBox v0.61.pre (2006.06.30-13:40+0000) multi-call binary

Usage: busybox [function] [arguments]...
or: [function] [arguments]...

BusyBox is a multi-call binary that combines many common Unix
utilities into a single executable. Most people will create a
link to busybox for each function they wish to use, and BusyBox
will act like whatever it was invoked as.

Currently defined functions:
[, ash, busybox, cat, chgrp, chmod, chown, cp, date, dd, df, echo,
false, free, grep, hostname, id, ifconfig, init, insmod, kill,
ln, login, ls, lsmod, mkdir, modprobe, mount, mv, passwd, ping,
ps, pwd, reboot, rm, rmmod, route, sh, sleep, sync, tar, test,
touch, true, tty, umount, wget, whoami, yes

praka123

left this forum longback

whaow 8) i am getting a new CPE(router-modem) tomorrow from bsnl :D I just complained am lacking usb option in MT 880(which is very stable!) am getting the modem for the new dataone connections which they are gonna give in bulk.

News for Malayalees(Kerala)
Hey,every exchange in Ernakulam district(perhaps all kerala) is gonna get broadband by Jan1 2008 told by Exchange JTO,though i cant believe it!well the JTO told that they are installing equipments in all remote exchanges near muvattupuzha. :p hehe! and they dont confirm this 8mbps speed from 1st of2008 :( now EV-DO is gonna be there in Muvattupuzha(thanks to...me for letting exchange authorities knowing this :twisted: )

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume

gary4gar said:
well there must be any way to find out?
maybe if one can telnet the router then:rolleyes:

I understand what you are trying to say, but like I mentioned, it's more or less to do with a driver version. We use it only for technical reference incase of driver updates. One place you might be able to find it is in the driver release notes or driver documentation and not the router. Because AnnexureB is to do with the driver itself, if you look up on the router, it will just give you the driver/firmware version, but if you need to find out if that driver/firware supports AnnexureB(Which happens to be just one out of many term used) you will need to check the driver release documentation and not the router/modem. Hope you understand what I'm saying. But I would really say, no need to break your head over this, just make sure you have the latest drivers/firmware.d

praka123 said:
News for Malayalees(Kerala)
Hey,every exchange in Ernakulam district(perhaps all kerala) is gonna get broadband by Jan1 2008 told by Exchange JTO,though i cant believe it!well the JTO told that they are installing equipments in all remote exchanges near muvattupuzha. :p hehe! and they dont confirm this 8mbps speed from 1st of2008 :( now EV-DO is gonna be there in Muvattupuzha(thanks to...me for letting exchange authorities knowing this :twisted: )

Yeah, I guess this is part of the initiative to make Broadband Available in every school in kerala. BSNL rocks in extending technology to every corner at affordable prices.

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback

^now airtel or tata bb,reliance will come with such an option?NEVER.that is why BSNL FTW!all others are restricting themselves to kochi city!damn diditos!

and BTW,from last monday onwards new set of dataone connections are given in major exchanges,they use another page to check their usage(forgot) etc new modems etc(btw,am getting one :D)

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

Rockstar11 said:
@appu - yes same prob here. *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/7.gif

its work try another ip's

*10.240.240.195/
*10.240.43.216/
*10.240.89.199/

appu

Knowledge Nomad

yup the problem was that my firewall was blocking it so i could not access it now its working
thnks

thepirateboy

Broken In

hey do you guys know how to config siemens c2110 modem for BSNA dataone connection...i by mistake reseted it to default factory settings...

appu

Knowledge Nomad

Hey guys now i have another problem
from past few day my net has been sloggish and disconnects too often
is this problem faced by everyone......i live in Blore ...jayanagar
coz after seen earlier post i thought that maybe bsnl is also testing 8mb here too

Rockstar11

Technomancer

^ yes maybe 8 mbps duur nahi..*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/105.gif

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters

^@ appu I have been having problems with BSNL BB (Bangalore ) since 27 Nov 2007 but for the past few days it has become acute with low speeds ( as low as 30 Kbps or even lower -- God knows) and frequent lost connectivity.

Today a linesman had tested my line and found nothing wrong that could warrant the abysmally low noise margins.

I have shot a warning email to the broadband guys (with copies to PGM, AGM(Public relations)), stating that if the problem is not rectified immediately,I shall haul BSNL before the Consumer forum, after giving them due notice of the same.

BTW can you post the line statistics such as ADSL sync speeds, line attenuation,SNR figures from your modem?

I am regularly monitoring the speeds
and emailing the BB guys.There has been absolutely no response from them.The last one I sent is this.
URL: *myspeed.visualware.com/speedtest/speedtestjs.html
When: Fri Dec 14 17:12:57 IST 2007
Download: 38,296 bps
Upload: 114,600 bps
QOS: 68%
RTT: 862 ms
MaxPause: 1712 ms
Test #: 2988959

^@ appu I have been having problems with BSNL BB (Bangalore ) since 27 Nov 2007 but for the past few days it had become acute with low speeds ( as low as 90 Kbps) and frequent lost connectivity.

Today a linesman had tested my line and found nothing wrong that could warrant the abysmally low noise margins.

I have shot a warning email to the broadband guys (with copies to PGM, AGM(Public relations)), stating that if the problem is not rectified immediately,I shall haul them up before the Consumer forum, after giving them due notice of the same.

BTW can you post the line statistics such as ADSL sync speeds, line attenuation,SNR figures from your modem?

I am regularly monitoring the speeds
and emailing the BB guys.The last one I sent is this.
URL: *myspeed.visualware.com/speedtest/speedtestjs.html
When: Fri Dec 14 17:12:57 IST 2007
Download: 38,296 bps
Upload: 114,600 bps
QOS: 68%
RTT: 862 ms
MaxPause: 1712 ms
Test #: 2988959

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

^^That double post pretty much shows that your having problems.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters

:grin: I don't know how it happened :confused:. I edited and saved it only to find it posted again:eek:

Rockstar11

Technomancer

*myspeed.visualware.com/speedtest/speedtestjs.html

myspeed test -
download - 34 kbps
upload -25 kbps
BSNL dataone 2 mbps
plan - home1000

Main Rou *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/20.gif Ya Hasu *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/21.gif, Karu Main Kya Karu… ...*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/7.gif

Rockstar11

Technomancer

^^ haan bhai
abhi bsnl kuch lafde kar raha hai..*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/14.gif

Top Bottom