** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

Can somebody tell me how can I have BSNL connected as "Always On" ? I want it such that whenever I start my PC, BSNL should be connected already and I dont have to connect it manually. I just want that as soon as the PC loads windows, I can surf instantly. Is this possible ? I heard it was. Someone knowing how to do it, please post here.

Thanks.

mohit said:
Can somebody tell me how can I have BSNL connected as "Always On" ? I want it such that whenever I start my PC, BSNL should be connected already and I dont have to connect it manually. I just want that as soon as the PC loads windows, I can surf instantly. Is this possible ? I heard it was. Someone knowing how to do it, please post here.

Thanks.

You can do that by setting up the modem to connect automatically by itself rather than you needing to click on the connection icon to connect. Please let me know the model no. of the modem you have so that I can give you the appropiate instructions.

mohit

The Hardware Labs

Help~Is~Here said:
You can do that by setting up the modem to connect automatically by itself rather than you needing to click on the connection icon to connect. Please let me know the model no. of the modem you have so that I can give you the appropiate instructions.

I am having Huwawei MT882.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

mohit said:

Thanks.

Open the Modem setting page by clicking here-> *192.168.1.1/ & do as instructed in the pic.
*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/bc.JPG

mohit

The Hardware Labs

^^Not opening for me. How do you open it ?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

ok forgot,:)) it might differ for other models.

read the DataOne Manual book, it wud be given there on how to access modem setting page.

try to open (copy paste it in adrrs. bar) in Internet Explorer.

*192.168.1.1/

janitha

Wise Old Owl

s18000rpm said:
ok forgot,:)) it might differ for other models.

read the DataOne Manual book, it wud be given there on how to access modem setting page.

try to open (copy paste it in adrrs. bar) in Internet Explorer.

*192.168.1.1/

Tried IE also with same result.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

mohit said:
^^Not opening for me. How do you open it ?

Go start>control panel>network connection> local area connection>open properies>select TCP/IP>click properies

and set it as shown
*img339.imageshack.us/img339/7818/defaultgatewaynm7.jpg

cyber_ral

Broken In

how does one configure bsnl dataone on mandriva linux 2007??

Didn't have my internet connection for over 48 hours! Reason, BSNL!

I am using BSNL's modem one a rental basis, and the day before yesterday, the modem's power adapter gave up on me! It refused to turn on the modem.

Now, what's the first thing you would think? Yes, take the thing and run to your telephone exchange to get it replaced because it's their modem and you still have warranty because you are still paying for it. That is what I also thought but sadly, that's where things took a turn for the bad.

As soon as the I took the modem and the adapter to the exchange, the officer in-charge plugged the modem with another adapter and voila! It turned on which again confirmed that the adapter I had was faulty. Now, you would think they are going to replace it for you. Atleast that's what I thought! But the officer told me that they don't have any stock and that there were a lot of adapters that were sent to Gujrat to get repaired, and she told me as soon as those adapter come, she'll give me one. And guess how long that is going to take? 3 months!!! The officer in-charge is asking me to wait for 3 months without a broadband connection!! Hell, I can't stay 3 hours without it!! It ticked me off, and I asked her if me buying another adapter would void the modem warranty to which she replied she wouldn't recommend me to do that, but if I'm willing, I can go get one.

Now, you would think, ok, hell with the replacement, I'll just go get a new adapter for 150~200 bucks. Again, atleast that's what I thought and voila, I was wrong again!! I searched my entire town in all the electrictronics shops for a replacement adapter, and hell, they ain't got one of the similar type!! I even went to the nearest city and no one has it!!

Now, you would think that not getting one is impossible!! but trust me, the adapter that the modem needs is not the one you would normally find in electronics shops. The adapter the modem uses is a 9V AC 1000mA. First of all, you don't get an AC to AC adapter normally in electronic shops. You can find a million varieties of AC to DC adapters. And on top of that, this adapter need 1000mA of power! Even if you found and AC to AC adapter, they aren't anymore powerful than 500mA. You just can't find one!! Even if you found one, it is not easily accessible! Finally I ran out of choice and the only option was to repair the bloody thing!! And thankfully one of the shop keepers directed me to a very remote location, you can't even call that place a town, on going there, there is this one place where a couple of electronic geeks repair anything possible! And thankfully once again, they promised to repair my adapter but they said it would take 3 days!! I begged them and tried to make them understand the importance of the adapter and finally agreed to repair it within a day for 110 bucks!

So, I went again to the remote place today and finally got the adapter back and got online and I'm writing this post!

The moral of the story is: DON"T GET A BSNL MODEM!! Looking back at my posts, I certainly did support the modems they supply because they are considerably good quality but lack of support and BSNL's ignorance has promted me to take an alternative route!! So, when you get a modem/router make sure the accessories are easily available in the market no matter which brand it is! I've even told the guy to make me another adapter just in case this one gives up again! Atleast it's just a matter of 110bucks than 3 days or 3 months without a connection to the outside world!!:D

Last edited:

janitha

Wise Old Owl

Any 9V 1000 ma adapter is not such a big deal, whether AC or DC. If AC, it is only a matter of a 9V 1000 ma step down transformer, wires and the pin.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Re: Didn't have my internet connection for over 48 hours! Reason, BSNL!

Help~Is~Here said:
I am using BSNL's modem one a rental basis, and the day before yesterday, the modem's power adapter gave up on me! It refused to turn on the modem.

Now, what's the first thing you would think? Yes, take the thing and run to your telephone exchange to get it replaced because it's their modem and you still have warranty because you are still paying for it. That is what I also thought but sadly, that's where things took a turn for the bad.

As soon as the I took the modem and the adapter to the exchange, the officer in-charge plugged the modem with another adapter and voila! It turned on which again confirmed that the adapter I had was faulty. Now, you would think they are going to replace it for you. Atleast that's what I thought! But the officer told me that they don't have any stock and that there were a lot of adapters that were sent to Gujrat to get repaired, and she told me as soon as those adapter come, she'll give me one. And guess how long that is going to take? 3 months!!! The officer in-charge is asking me to wait for 3 months without a broadband connection!! Hell, I can't stay 3 hours without it!! It ticked me off, and I asked her if me buying another adapter would void the modem warranty to which she replied she wouldn't recommend me to do that, but if I'm willing, I can go get one.

Now, you would think, ok, hell with the replacement, I'll just go get a new adapter for 150~200 bucks. Again, atleast that's what I thought and voila, I was wrong again!! I searched my entire town in all the electrictronics shops for a replacement adapter, and hell, they ain't got one of the similar type!! I even went to the nearest city and no one has it!!

Now, you would think that not getting one is impossible!! but trust me, the adapter that the modem needs is not the one you would normally find in electronics shops. The adapter the modem uses is a 9V AC 1000mA. First of all, you don't get an AC to AC adapter normally in electronic shops. You can find a million varieties of AC to DC adapters. And on top of that, this adapter need 1000mA of power! Even if you found and AC to AC adapter, they aren't anymore powerful than 500mA. You just can't find one!! Even if you found one, it is not easily accessible! Finally I ran out of choice and the only option was to repair the bloody thing!! And thankfully one of the shop keepers directed me to a very remote location, you can't even call that place a town, on going there, there is this one place where a couple of electronic geeks repair anything possible! And thankfully once again, they promised to repair my adapter but they said it would take 3 days!! I begged them and tried to make them understand the importance of the adapter and finally agreed to repair it within a day for 110 bucks!

So, I went again to the remote place today and finally got the adapter back and got online and I'm writing this post!

The moral of the story is: DON"T GET A BSNL MODEM!! Looking back at my posts, I certainly did support the modems they supply because they are considerably good quality but lack of support and BSNL's ignorance has promted me to take an alternative route!! So, when you get a modem/router make sure the accessories are easily available in the market no matter which brand it is! I've even told the guy to make me another adapter just in case this one gives up again! Atleast it's just a matter of 110bucks than 3 days or 3 months without a connection to the outside world!!:D
so Planning to Buy a Dlink 502T?? :p

janitha said:
Any 9V 1000 ma adapter is not such a big deal, whether AC or DC. If AC, it is only a matter of a 9V 1000 ma step down transformer, wires and the pin.

It's quite easy to say that, and myself being an electronic & electrical hobbyist understand the point that you are trying to make. But just take a step back at walk the path again but this time in the form of a layman who knows nothing about these things. How do you think they are going to react?

The reason I got it fixed in the first place is because I knew it could be fixed and I knew the procedure that involves in fixing it and I knew who could do it at the earliest. Otherwise, why do you think I went in search of that shop? It's just because I didn't have the accessories to fix it myself and knew it could be done elsewhere.

But that's not the case with everyone. The point that I tried to make was that it is not something that is easily accessible unlike primary AC and secondary DC adapters available commercially.:(

janitha

Wise Old Owl

Help~Is~Here said:
It's quite easy to say that, and myself being an electronic & electrical hobbyist understand the point that you are trying to make. But just take a step back at walk the path again but this time in the form of a layman who knows nothing about these things. How do you think they are going to react?

The reason I got it fixed in the first place is because I knew it could be fixed and I knew the procedure that involves in fixing it and I knew who could do it at the earliest. Otherwise, why do you think I went in search of that shop? It's just because I didn't have the accessories to fix it myself and knew it could be done elsewhere.

But that's not the case with everyone. The point that I tried to make was that it is not something that is easily accessible unlike primary AC and secondary DC adapters available commercially.:(

Any local technician anywhere in India will do it for you and it won't take much time or cost.

But regarding the customer care of BSNL, I agree.

arnab2kool

On the net

Help~Is~Here said:

No man you are right. But in my town I got 2 adapters defected due to high voltage and they replaced it twice. For the 2nd adapter replacement they dint had any spare adapter and adviced me to purchase an adapter from market and that wouldn't void my warranty. I purchased an adapter according to the voltage specifications (9v or 12v, I dont remember) and used for 2 months, and after that they gave me another adapter and its working fine. Try to use a voltage stabilizer for using ur pc and modem adapter. Take out a common power output from ur voltage stabilizer and connect ur UPS to it and plugin ur adapter into it, that will save ur adapter for rest of ur life. I am doing so and I havent faced any problems from that time.

Thank you.

Hello,

I want connect my BSNL modem (Quidway WA 1003A) via Bluetooth. I have tried number of times, but dint got it working. I asked the BSNL people that whether I have the wireless facility in my modem or the aerial and wireless indicator are just in the modem to add a bit beauty to it? They answered me "no your modem has this facility and you connect wirelessly with the help of Bluetooth, all you need is a Bluetooth Dongle". Now can anybody tell me how I can make my connection working between the Bluetooth Dongle and the modem, so that I can connect to net without wires also.

Help needed, please.

Thank you.

Hello,

I want to connect my BSNL modem (Quidway WA 1003A) via Bluetooth. I have tried number of times, but dint got it working. I asked the BSNL people that whether I have the wireless facility in my modem or the aerial and wireless indicator are just in the modem to add a bit beauty to it? They answered me "no your modem has this facility and you connect wirelessly with the help of Bluetooth, all you need is a Bluetooth Dongle". Now can anybody tell me how I can make my connection working between the Bluetooth Dongle and the modem, so that I can connect to net without wires also.

Help needed, please.

Thank you.

arnab2kool said:
No man you are right. But in my town I got 2 adapters defected due to high voltage and they replaced it twice. For the 2nd adapter replacement they dint had any spare adapter and adviced me to purchase an adapter from market and that wouldn't void my warranty. I purchased an adapter according to the voltage specifications (9v or 12v, I dont remember) and used for 2 months, and after that they gave me another adapter and its working fine. Try to use a voltage stabilizer for using ur pc and modem adapter. Take out a common power output from ur voltage stabilizer and connect ur UPS to it and plugin ur adapter into it, that will save ur adapter for rest of ur life. I am doing so and I havent faced any problems from that time.

Thank you.

Hello,

I want connect my BSNL modem (Quidway WA 1003A) via Bluetooth. I have tried number of times, but dint got it working. I asked the BSNL people that whether I have the wireless facility in my modem or the aerial and wireless indicator are just in the modem to add a bit beauty to it? They answered me "no your modem has this facility and you connect wirelessly with the help of Bluetooth, all you need is a Bluetooth Dongle". Now can anybody tell me how I can make my connection working between the Bluetooth Dongle and the modem, so that I can connect to net without wires also.

Help needed, please.

Thank you.

Hello,

I want to connect my BSNL modem (Quidway WA 1003A) via Bluetooth. I have tried number of times, but dint got it working. I asked the BSNL people that whether I have the wireless facility in my modem or the aerial and wireless indicator are just in the modem to add a bit beauty to it? They answered me "no your modem has this facility and you connect wirelessly with the help of Bluetooth, all you need is a Bluetooth Dongle". Now can anybody tell me how I can make my connection working between the Bluetooth Dongle and the modem, so that I can connect to net without wires also.

Help needed, please.

Thank you.

OOps posted twice by mistake! Sorry everybody for this. Moderators dont mind. But I need help with the wireless issue.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Listen mate, the wireless you are referring to is of 2 types. One is Wi-Fi and the other bluetooth. The modem you have has Wi-Fi while your USB dongle supports bluetooth. Both of them are different technologies and cannot connect with each other. So, you can't try connecting a bluetooth device to another device that only supports Wi-Fi. So, all you need to do is just get a wireless LAN card for you PC and you should be able to connect wirelessly. If you have a laptop, just check the configuration to see it alredy has a wireless LAN card(WLAN).

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

arnab2kool said:

Thank you.

Hello,

Help needed, please.

Thank you.

Hello,

Help needed, please.

Thank you.

OOps posted twice by mistake! Sorry everybody for this. Moderators dont mind. But I need help with the wireless issue.

Thank you.
THese bsnl babu's are misleading you
bluethoth & wi-fi are separate protocols and and arent't compatible with each other.

you can use a wi-fi card(PCI) on destop which comes for 1200/-
and on lappy u will have it inbuilt

Any Routing Problems with Dataone today?

Anyone facing any routing problems with the connection today?

I haven't been able to access several sites after 8pm today(08/07/07). Further diagnostics show that routing is failing on BSNL server nodes for several websites and I.P addresses. :( :mad:

Please let me know if anyone else if facing similar issues today. I've already sent a mail to BSNL's routing admin. No reply though! Maybe it's too much to expect a prompt response from BSNL. :D

Top Bottom