mozodingdong

Right off the assembly line
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

how u people getting such speed?

this is what my dataone speed ..... :(

praka123

left this forum longback

BSNL, Calcutta Telephones Free Broadband Speed Checker.

Testing is done with 128 KB of Sample Data. Formula To calculate your Bandwidth=(128*8 Kbits/(endtime - starttime) sec

[SIZE=+1]Your current bandwidth reading is:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2] 1.60 Mbps

[/SIZE] [SIZE=-0]which means you can download at 204.35 KB/sec. from www.calcuttatelephones.com server located at Territa Bazar, Kolkata.[/SIZE]
^^this is my speed upto 8-9 PM.while morning and night speeds are around 217-230 KB/Sec.am on home 500.after monsoon started on June here(Kerala) speeds are like this.I must say that earlier am getting a good speed of 217KB/sec irrespective of time.

mozodingdong

Right off the assembly line

hoo haa mine is 1.86 great ....................*www.calcuttatelephones.com/bandwidthmeter/meter.php

mozodingdong said:
how u people getting such speed?

this is what my dataone speed ..... :(

Dude, that's because you did the test on the karachi server. And no offense to Pakistan, but that server sucks!! Even my tests show that, the server in karachi is underperforming, so don't expect great speeds on that. Try a test server in New York.

shri

Always Fresh!

can cross-cat lan cable be used for the modem WA3002-g1 instead of the one supplied along with the modem?

shri said:
can cross-cat lan cable be used for the modem WA3002-g1 instead of the one supplied along with the modem?

I'm not sure about the particular modem you have but if it has been manufactured in the last 3-4 years then it will. All new routers lan cards have something called 'Auto-sensing', which means, it can figure out by itself whether you are using a crossover or a straight through cable and adjust to work accordingly.

mohit

The Hardware Labs

Can somebody please tell me how can I use Dataone on Win 98 ? Its really urgent.

mohit said:
Can somebody please tell me how can I use Dataone on Win 98 ? Its really urgent.

Are you facing a problem or you just need genral guidance, do you have a LAN card?

mohit

The Hardware Labs

Help~Is~Here said:
Are you facing a problem or you just need genral guidance, do you have a LAN card?

I need guidance on how to set up the connection on Win 98. I don't think that PC has a LAN card.

I do have the USB + LAN ports on my modem.

mohit said:
I need guidance on how to set up the connection on Win 98. I don't think that PC has a LAN card.

I do have the USB + LAN ports on my modem.

So, I guess you should have a USB on the computer as well, in that case, do you have the installation CD with you? If you do, just put the CD in and go through the default installation options and once it's installed, plug in your modem onto the computer. Then make sure the USB, power and link light on the modem are 'ON'. Please do this and let us know.

mohit

The Hardware Labs

Help~Is~Here said:
So, I guess you should have a USB on the computer as well, in that case, do you have the installation CD with you? If you do, just put the CD in and go through the default installation options and once it's installed, plug in your modem onto the computer. Then make sure the USB, power and link light on the modem are 'ON'. Please do this and let us know.

Ok. But how do you make a PPP connection in Win 98 ? Will the CD guide me to do it ?

arnab2kool

On the net

mohit said:

You have to install the PPPOE driver or dialer in 98 to make the dataone work. Just run the setup and it installs and you will be using it in no time. If you dont have the software then PM me with your email id and I will mail you the the dialer or PPPOE driver that is needed to make Dataone work in 98.

Thank you.

mohit

The Hardware Labs

^^I have the CD provided with the modem. I hope that contains the dialer as well. Right ??

janitha

Wise Old Owl

mohit said:
^^I have the CD provided with the modem. I hope that contains the dialer as well. Right ??
I was also having Win 98 only when I subscribed Dataone about 2 years back and it was like hell. As suggested by the BSNL engineer, I purchased an OEM pack of Win XP Home for about Rs.3.5K. Not only installation and usage of Dataone became easier, all other problems associated with win 98 disappeared. Since then, far I have been wondering why I din't upgrade to XP for years. Of course prior to XP I had used only pirated SWfor about 9 years.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

mohit said:
download it from here
*rajasthan.bsnl.co.in/main/PPPOE098.EXE

direfulsky

Broken In

I have siemens c2110 modem provided by bsnl.its all pre configred
in its configration page i found its connection authentication user name is diffrent then my username and password..it do have my username and password field there..
bsnl guys told me your user name and password is nothing to do with connection authentication..it do only work for u to monitor ur usage details.
is any one here out there have that modem?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

direfulsky said:
I have siemens c2110 modem provided by bsnl.its all pre configred
in its configration page i found its connection authentication user name is diffrent then my username and password..it do have my username and password field there..
bsnl guys told me your user name and password is nothing to do with connection authentication..it do only work for u to monitor ur usage details.
is any one here out there have that modem?
try "admin" as a user name & password

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic

else u can also reset the modem using a pin.. there sud b a hole at the backside of the modem..
try using it...

Top Bottom