** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Re: Any Routing Problems with Dataone today?

Help~Is~Here said:
Anyone facing any routing problems with the connection today?

I haven't been able to access several sites after 8pm today(08/07/07). Further diagnostics show that routing is failing on BSNL server nodes for several websites and I.P addresses. :( :mad:

Please let me know if anyone else if facing similar issues today. I've already sent a mail to BSNL's routing admin. No reply though! Maybe it's too much to expect a prompt response from BSNL. :D

Yes, here also it was the case. Some sites were not opening while some others were.

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

hi frnds
yesterday i formated my pc
can ne1 plz tell me how to install driver for my modem
when am trying to install driver which came along with modem from bsnl
i get an error message
i ve xp pro service pack 2
plz guide me

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

^if you have LAN Cable Modem, then you dont need any Drivers.

you need Drivers for USB/WiFi modem.

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz

no i don have lan
what abt usb? how to install driver for it

Dude, it's better you invest in a LAN card, just about 250~350 bucks... no hassles of driver installation/reinstallation. Power problems, speed problems and so on.

I would certainly say it's worth having a LAN card than you going through all the other hassles.

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz

^^^
thanx for suggestion
but recently wat sud i do to connect with usb?
my 6020 is also not connecting with pc otherwise i check for driver online for modem :(
plz help me out

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

almighty said:
^^^
thanx for suggestion
but recently wat sud i do to connect with usb?
my 6020 is also not connecting with pc otherwise i check for driver online for modem :(
plz help me out
just pop in the driver CD & run setup.exe & click NEXT,NEXT,NEXT,NEXT,NEXT,NEXT.............

lol just joking:D
please tell what error do u get & if possible post screenshot.
and here at my place LAN card comes just for 180 bucks

mozodingdong

Right off the assembly line

i used id and password of one of my friend to connect dataone and surprisingly i got connected. do anyone know wheather BSNL knows that the particular id and password is loged from a particular fone number?? do they have records that so and so user id was used from a particular fone no. ?

mozodingdong said:
i used id and password of one of my friend to connect dataone and surprisingly i got connected. do anyone know wheather BSNL knows that the particular id and password is loged from a particular fone number?? do they have records that so and so user id was used from a particular fone no. ?

Unfortunately although they do, it's not public and it's going to get charged on the phone number on which the original id has been registered and not from which you are using it.

mozodingdong

if i ask dataone for the usage detail of my broadband will they b able to give the information that from which tele no. the used id was used to login??

mozodingdong said:
if i ask dataone for the usage detail of my broadband will they b able to give the information that from which tele no. the used id was used to login??

Nope they wont! and if you ask BSNL for the usage details, they will ask you to use the dataone website to check the details where you wouldn't find any telephone no. If you think someone else is using your login details, then change your password immediately, however, if your usage is showing higher in your bill than what it shows on the dataone website, then someone else's id is clipped wrongly to your no. You need to give a complaint where they will investigate and see if any other id is being wrongly billed on your no.

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic

i m getting download speed more than 50 KBps these days..
can anyone help me telling whom i sud contact in BSNL abt this problem?
i m on Home 500

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

mozodingdong said:
enojy as much as you can but the party will be soon over and you won't be able to use other people id's from your phone line

Manshahia said:
i m getting download speed more than 50 KBps these days..
can anyone help me telling whom i sud contact in BSNL abt this problem?
i m on Home 500

You say you are getting above 50KBps, then what is the problem?

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic

but for the past 5 months i hav been getting a speed of 150-170 KBps on torrents which came down to 50 KBps and 60-70 KBps on rapidshare which came down to 1-2 KBps... I cant download anything from rapidshare...

Manshahia said:
but for the past 5 months i hav been getting a speed of 150-170 KBps on torrents which came down to 50 KBps and 60-70 KBps on rapidshare which came down to 1-2 KBps... I cant download anything from rapidshare...

First of all, lot on to your modem interface and then make sure your downlink speed is 2048Kbps. If not, then there might be noise on the line which is resulting in lower synchronisation and hence lower throughput. So, get your line checked in that case. However, if it is still the same, do the next step.

Next, run the speedtest from BSNL's website and see what speeds they tell you. Here's the link: www.dataone.in Go there and click on speed test.

If you see similar speeds, first of all, run a complete anti-virus and a spyware scan and make sure everything is clean. Then make sure no other programs using the internet are running, except for essential system utilities. And then run the speed test again. If it's still the same, I'm afraid nothing much you can do about it. Try getting in touch with your local telephone exchange. I'm sure they won't be of help at all. But miracles happen!!

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic

called the BSNL customer care...
they hav logged the complaint and said its a server problem...
he said that the problem wud b resolved in 24 hours...
lets c wat happens...

One more thing

THe downlink is 2048 KBps...
the uplink is 480 KBps.. i think it sud b 512 KBps....

SNR Margin : 27.0 8.0 db
Line Attenuation : 33.0 21.0 db

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback

for past 3 days daytime am getting low speeds @ 10kB/sec then i called the JE of Muvattupuzha exchange and now the speed is somewhat OK.he is saying that the available bandwidth is shared btwn available ports.

mozodingdong

Manshahia said:
lets c wat happens...

One more thing

2048 KBps ?? (KBps is Kilo Byte per second and kbps is kilobit per second) bsnl offers 2 mbps that is 2048 kilo bits/256 kilo bytes.. i think u quoted it earonously..

mozodingdong said:
2048 KBps ?? (KBps is Kilo Byte per second and kbps is kilobit per second) bsnl offers 2 mbps that is 2048 kilo bits/256 kilo bytes.. i think u quoted it earonously..

That was a typo and anyone would understand that. Don't look at things literally. Look at what it implies.

Manshahia said:
lets c wat happens...

One more thing

Are you using a Home500? because uplink is supposed to be 256Kbps unless it's a business package

Last edited:
Top Bottom