** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

xsreality

Broken In
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

I have followed the first instruction also.. and I have a static IP now.. (IP Address is defined and not obtained automatically). My static IP address is 192.168.1.2
But I have not yet successfully been able to forward ports.

A

almighty

hey my frnd today formated his pc
he is using dataone home 250
but he dont know how to install modem
so he called me up
can any one tell me how to install modem... he is using xp pro..and modem is given by bsnl
one of my frnd told him that xp has inbuilt driver for modem (bsnl)
is it true ?
if ys how to configrue it
plz guide properly
thanking u

Re: How can I connect my laptop and desktop in Dataone 500?

arnab2kool said:
Thanks mate, for the information. I have another question. I have a network card named 22mbps. I have the cd too. I installed the wireless lan driver, pcmcia driver but I cant use the wireless feature. Any solutions for this?

If you are trying to use the PCMCIA card with the existing modem, you are not going to see any luck with the wireless because of the simple fact that the modem that you have, I dont' think it's got wireless. So my friends, as an All in one solution to your problem, I would advise you to go for a wireless router.

check my post in the thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29143&page=99 for more on wireless routers.

almighty said:
hey my frnd today formated his pc
he is using dataone home 250
but he dont know how to install modem
so he called me up
can any one tell me how to install modem... he is using xp pro..and modem is given by bsnl
one of my frnd told him that xp has inbuilt driver for modem (bsnl)
is it true ?
if ys how to configrue it
plz guide properly
thanking u

You dont' need to install the modem if the computer has a LAN port/card. But if he's got USB, you can download the latest drivers for the modem from
*www.huawei.com. Copy that onto a CD/pen drive from somewhere else and then take it to your friends place and install it like any other driver.

However, if you are going to use the LAN card, then first reset the modem with the help of the reset button at the back of it. (don't do this if you dont' remeber the username/password). Then just plug the modem up with the LAN cable and go into the LAN TCP/IP properties and set this address manually:
I.P: 192.168.1.2
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Once this is done, open IE and go to the address 192.168.1.1 and enter the username: admin and password: password.

Then go in and enable the DHCP server on the modem and put in the dataone username and password and put your TCP/IP settings on the computer back to automatic. You should be able to browse absolutely fine now. :D

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy

Woohoo! Finally upgraded to 2mbps Home1000.... I know this is spamming, but I just felt like it.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

So HD all the way!
But some People are lucky:p
you on 2mbps and i am on my dial-up:(
No bb for me bad

xsreality

Broken In

Friends, if the router configuration is corrupted, what needs to be done to correct it?

prasad_den

Padawan

@xsreality...: You are making a mistake in the first step.. In the first link, at the end of the page, you have two blanks to fill :
Enter your computer's default gateway:
Enter your computer's current IP Address:

In the default gateway, enter, 192.168.1.1
In the current IP, enter, 192.168.1.2

Now click the Find Static IP addresses button... Most likely you'll get it as 192.168.1.136.. You must use this as the Ip address instead of the 192.168.1.2 you already have..

Then follow the 2nd step of setting the router.. :D

herc

Tech Junkie'

hey ppl how do u check ur usage stats in bsnl bb connection...i have 250 home plan and not been able to check it....guess i dunno how???

herc

Tech Junkie'

no no man i want to check wid the bsnl ppl i already am using datafox...but want to compare it wid theirs???

prasad_den

Padawan

*10.240.0.195/webLogin.jsp

This is the BSNL site for checking the BB usage.. But I've not visited the site for more than 6 months, ever since I started using datafox..!! Datafox gives proper info.. so I don't think you should worry about it giving improper data.. :D

herc

Tech Junkie'

how do u get datafox???i searchd on the plugins page but got nnuthin?

prasad_den

Padawan

No... its not in the plug ins page..
Get it here... *www.thegoan.com/datafox/

herc

Tech Junkie'

i downloaded and installed it but its not working....actually i use the always on connection ...i j ust switch on the modem and connect to the internet....dont hjave to fill in a password or anything....soo datafox also is not working???

prasad_den

Padawan

I use the same way as you have mentioned... But many times the BSNL site is down, that you may not be able to access it either way.. Just try it agaion a day or two later..

arnab2kool

On the net

Help~Is~Here said:
If you are trying to use the PCMCIA card with the existing modem, you are not going to see any luck with the wireless because of the simple fact that the modem that you have, I dont' think it's got wireless. So my friends, as an All in one solution to your problem, I would advise you to go for a wireless router.

check my post in the thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29143&page=99 for more on wireless routers.

You dont' need to install the modem if the computer has a LAN port/card. But if he's got USB, you can download the latest drivers for the modem from
*www.huawei.com. Copy that onto a CD/pen drive from somewhere else and then take it to your friends place and install it like any other driver.

However, if you are going to use the LAN card, then first reset the modem with the help of the reset button at the back of it. (don't do this if you dont' remeber the username/password). Then just plug the modem up with the LAN cable and go into the LAN TCP/IP properties and set this address manually:
I.P: 192.168.1.2
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Once this is done, open IE and go to the address 192.168.1.1 and enter the username: admin and password: password.

Then go in and enable the DHCP server on the modem and put in the dataone username and password and put your TCP/IP settings on the computer back to automatic. You should be able to browse absolutely fine now. :D

Its got wireless man. I bought the modem from BSNL that costs 1800, I think you have heard this modem (Type - II). It has a aerial and an indicator (wireless) too. So cant it be connected? Cant I connect my pc wirelessly with the help of this modem to the internet?

Thank you.

arnab2kool said:
Its got wireless man. I bought the modem from BSNL that costs 1800, I think you have heard this modem (Type - II). It has a aerial and an indicator (wireless) too. So cant it be connected? Cant I connect my pc wirelessly with the help of this modem to the internet?

Thank you.

Yes, you can, what is the exact problem, is it still with driver installation or configuration?

arnab2kool

On the net

Help~Is~Here said:
Yes, you can, what is the exact problem, is it still with driver installation or configuration?

yes installed the driver, but still not working. Dont know why? Also installed the datafox. how to see the usage rate?

Thank you.

mohit

The Hardware Labs

goobimama said:
Woohoo! Finally upgraded to 2mbps Home1000.... I know this is spamming, but I just felt like it.
Which is this plan ? 2MBS unlimited ?

EDIT : Never mind. Found it.

arnab2kool said:
yes installed the driver, but still not working. Dont know why? Also installed the datafox. how to see the usage rate?

Thank you.

As far as the usage is concerned. You can go to www.dataone.in. If it's not displaying a page, you will need to check if you are using the correct DNS server address. If all is correct and still no go, then download the DataOne-Bandwidth Checker 2.7 from www.ShaPlus.com. It's quite a useful software.

As far as the problem with the wireless is concerned. You don't need to install any drivers! If you have installed any, then uninstall it first. Plug the computer to the router directly with a LAN cable and then log onto 192.168.1.1 and make sure wireless is enabled and that it's on both 'b' and 'g' type. Dont' change any default channel settings. And also make a note of the SSID. Once that is done, unplug the LAN cable and plug your wireless card in the computer and Windows will automatically detect it and install the generic drivers.

Once that's done. Go into network connections, right click on the wireless area connection and left click on 'Scan for networks' or 'view list of available networks'. Select the network which has the same name as your router's SSID.

You should get connected with this!

Top Bottom