** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

debasish

Broken In
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

guys can u help me with this!

i m using BSNL Home 500 BB plan for my home...my problem is everytime i hav to connect to internet, i hav to log in using the 192.168.1.1 (router address) and setup the connection username, password etc. is thr any way i can save my details and connect quickly and by logging in everytime...i use windows xp, D-link GLB-502T router cum modem, and usb connector.

another problem is the connection sort of fails to my computer after every 2hr...i hav to reinsert the usb connector to resume connection again..why is it happening?

thanx in advance ;-)

jkjhala

Right off the assembly line

I am using BSNL dataone home 500 plan. as I know night usage (0200 -0800) is free for Home 500.

what I am finding since Jan 2007, they are charging for it. this month they have charged me 7200 rs. as additional usage charge. They are not deducting night usage.

Nobody is replying properly at local office. Can you guide me where I can complain ? I have full data printout with me but I am finding helpless.

If anybody is facing similar problem please come together we will fight for it.

thanks

drgrudge said:
Due to member's request, I am starting this topic.

Use this thread to post all your BSNL Dataone related questions. Use it to get your BSNL related queries and general topics like how can I know the transfers of my connection and more!
Use it to get all your answers!!

Threads on Dataone started after this sticky has been posted will be merged into this one.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

debasish said:
guys can u help me with this!

i m using BSNL Home 500 BB plan for my home...my problem is everytime i hav to connect to internet, i hav to log in using the 192.168.1.1 (router address) and setup the connection username, password etc. is thr any way i can save my details and connect quickly and by logging in everytime...i use windows xp, D-link GLB-502T router cum modem, and usb connector.
do this after you enter the username , password etc in 192.168.1.1
Click on Tools

Click on System

Click on Save and Reboot

done!

debasish said:
another problem is the connection sort of fails to my computer after every 2hr...i hav to reinsert the usb connector to resume connection again..why is it happening?

thanx in advance ;-)

usb = hell lot of problems because of driver failure
better get a lan card to enjoy trouble free connection, also it costs only 180 bucks. after installing it u won't be complaining.

jkjhala said:
I am using BSNL dataone home 500 plan. as I know night usage (0200 -0800) is free for Home 500.

what I am finding since Jan 2007, they are charging for it. this month they have charged me 7200 rs. as additional usage charge. They are not deducting night usage.

Nobody is replying properly at local office. Can you guide me where I can complain ? I have full data printout with me but I am finding helpless.

If anybody is facing similar problem please come together we will fight for it.

thanks

bsnl is known for ghost billing thats because of bad billing infrastructure they have in place. seriously the bsnl billing system needs a over haul as it is ages old. now atleast bsnl as tied up with hcl to improve its billing but that will take time.

As your case is also case of ghost billing, you will find many of your fellow users here also still fighting for months & months.only very few of them have there problems solved.

Now for your problem solution, first of all stop roaming the bsnl office and write to your commercial officer about your problem giving all the facts datewise along with all the proofs and send it via registered post. Insist that you should get all your communication with bsnl on paper so that you can prove later.

Last edited:

Chirag

Cyborg Agent

Me facing strange prob since this morning. Not able to open yahoo/meebo/digitalpoint and not even google. Only sites like digit, pw and my site are opening.

janitha

Wise Old Owl

Chirag said:
Me facing strange prob since this morning. Not able to open yahoo/meebo/digitalpoint and not even google. Only sites like digit, pw and my site are opening.

Exactly same with me also.
Was wondering what happened!

tharun518

Banned
Access other's computer using a gussed I.P.

I could access other's computer using a gussed ip.
I went to a site to know my i.p. Then i paste my i.p on address bar. The modem site of my open. Then I tried changing the i.p this way
If my ip is
59.xx.33.172/
Changed to 59.xx.33.179/ failed
59.xx.33.180 failed
59.xx.33.175 worked
opened a modem site same as my. Then I check the username it was different. So i came to conclution that i access some ones modem. I could restart the modem and do what ever I could to my modem.
But next day when I tried to do with the same ip cant. But when i tried with ip similar to my it worked. All modem site i access was of the same modem wa3002-g1(UT Starcom). Please post reply.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent

I m not able to open any site except digit. Yahoo messenger is working.. Anyone facing the same prob or there is prob with my connection.

daniel_joseph

The Techie!

BSNL broadband chairman, I.T MINISTER and ALL. Please try to provide night unlimited surfing (0200 to 0600) for Home 250 customers. You people provide it for all other plans exect this. Why this? Please try to give night unlimited.

vasudel

My parents in India have the Broadband connection, voice chat is just fine. They can see my webcam, but I can't see their webcam. And also I can see their webcam & do voice chat if they connect via dialup with the same setting on the same computer. It looks like some port issue with BSNL broadband, we called BSNL tech support but no luck. Does anyone know what is the problem?.

Thanks

taj_rat

Unable to connect to Internet (BSNL DataONe)

Hi..

Have a BSNL Dataone connection thats been working alright for last one year or so. However have not been able to connect from last 4-5 days. Had called BSNL support and the guy who came said that its a IE/Windows problem?? Have run AVG antivirus and anti-spyware scans which did not find anything.

Initially was able to connect but wouldnt open any sites but now am unable to connect to the net at all. Even tried shutting down my ZA firewall but that did not happen either..

Please..any ideas that I could try..

Will await any help..

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure

vasudel said:
My parents in India have the Broadband connection, voice chat is just fine. They can see my webcam, but I can't see their webcam. And also I can see their webcam & do voice chat if they connect via dialup with the same setting on the same computer. It looks like some port issue with BSNL broadband, we called BSNL tech support but no luck. Does anyone know what is the problem?.

Thanks

can u tell which port they r using ? USB or LAN.
also, has they configured the cam on broadband conection ?

Akshay

Cyborg Agent

I m planning to get BSNL home 500 plan in my office. I want to connect 2 laptops n a desktop to d same conn. via wifi. Wht r my options - ICS or something else?

Will I b able to browse wit 3 computer by just using one home connection? or will IP addr create a prb for me? Do I need to install ne additional software?

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

They won't allow you to take a home plan for your office.

Yes, you can browse with all three computers on one connection.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent

@aryayush

Wht additional s/w. wil I need for it?

PS: I spoke to BSNL. My office is a residential premise. So dey dont have prb giving me home conn.

debasish

Broken In

gary4gar said:
do this after you enter the username , password etc in 192.168.1.1
Click on Tools

Click on System

Click on Save and Reboot

done!

usb = hell lot of problems because of driver failure
better get a lan card to enjoy trouble free connection, also it costs only 180 bucks. after installing it u won't be complaining.

bsnl is known for ghost billing thats because of bad billing infrastructure they have in place. seriously the bsnl billing system needs a over haul as it is ages old. now atleast bsnl as tied up with hcl to improve its billing but that will take time.

As your case is also case of ghost billing, you will find many of your fellow users here also still fighting for months & months.only very few of them have there problems solved.

Now for your problem solution, first of all stop roaming the bsnl office and write to your commercial officer about your problem giving all the facts datewise along with all the proofs and send it via registered post. Insist that you should get all your communication with bsnl on paper so that you can prove later.

dear gary4gar, is thrn't any way out, without buyin a lan card...i heard that firmware upgrade can help....is it so? whr can i find it! pls help

batsD1

Broken In

I have the home plan 1800 and recently my telephone bill shot up to 12,000/-. Can I use Dataone Usage Finder and Shaplus Dataone bandwidth to check my connection. How safe are the programs

Top Bottom