** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

vasudel

Right off the assembly line
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudel
My parents in India have the Broadband connection, voice chat is just fine. They can see my webcam, but I can't see their webcam. And also I can see their webcam & do voice chat if they connect via dialup with the same setting on the same computer. It looks like some port issue with BSNL broadband, we called BSNL tech support but no luck. Does anyone know what is the problem?.

Thanks

ITTechPerson said:
can u tell which port they r using ? USB or LAN.
also, has they configured the cam on broadband conection ?

I think it is using LAN connection, do we need to configure anything specifically?. Not only that I am not able to connect using Netmeeting, & I used some remote desktop access s/w but they can see my screen not vice versa. Please help.

Thanks.

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure

vasudel said:
Quote:

I think it is using LAN connection, do we need to configure anything specifically?. Not only that I am not able to connect using Netmeeting, & I used some remote desktop access s/w but they can see my screen not vice versa. Please help.

Thanks.

Boss they have some trackerware on their pc - pls suggest them to use updated antivirus, spyware in safe mod then run ccleaner.
I hope tht will help.
keep updating the progress

vasudel

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.

ITTechPerson said:
Boss they have some trackerware on their pc - pls suggest them to use updated antivirus, spyware in safe mod then run ccleaner.
I hope tht will help.
keep updating the progress

When i tried last time I told them to shutdown the antivirus etc to see if that is blocking. Will these spyware displayed in the Taskmanager when it runs, because they used the same PC without any changes in the setting but connected thru dialup. It works properly but not with BSNL broadband connection.

Thanks.

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure

spyware will not showup anywhere but only in antyspyware scan - try spyware doctor

I am just guessing the cam is not configured properly in broadband - ask them to remove the driver of the cam & reinstall it, then configure it in Instant msngr.
U posted early tht u can't access thr remote comp - is it only via broadband?

vasudel

ITTechPerson said:
spyware will not showup anywhere but only in antyspyware scan - try spyware doctor

I am just guessing the cam is not configured properly in broadband - ask them to remove the driver of the cam & reinstall it, then configure it in Instant msngr.
U posted early tht u can't access thr remote comp - is it only via broadband?

Yes it is via broadband but my parents can see my screen but not the other way. Also I could not access thr remote comp via dialup because of the bandwidth issue.

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !

As per DataOne home plan 250 I have to get one email ID with 5 mb space
at the time of BB connection. But I have not provided the same by the
BSNL. On enquiry about the same they inform me that I have to apply seperately for the same. I do so on 12/04/2007, but inspite of several reminder BSNL yet not inform me the email ID. Please tell me what I have to do for the same.

janitha

Wise Old Owl

skghosh44 said:
As per DataOne home plan 250 I have to get one email ID with 5 mb space
at the time of BB connection. But I have not provided the same by the
BSNL. On enquiry about the same they inform me that I have to apply seperately for the same. I do so on 12/04/2007, but inspite of several reminder BSNL yet not inform me the email ID. Please tell me what I have to do for the same.
The e-mail id is "username@dataone.in"

praka123

left this forum longback

@janitha:
are u 4m kerala?do u use dataone Home 500 plan?what speed max u get?
I am getting at max 218 KB/s or 1.74 Mbps,from muvattupuzha near ernakulam.

janitha

Wise Old Owl

praka123 said:
@janitha:
are u 4m kerala?do u use dataone Home 500 plan?what speed max u get?
I am getting at max 218 KB/s or 1.74 Mbps,from muvattupuzha near ernakulam.
Yes, I am from Kollam and I use Home 250. While downloading large files, I normally get near or around 200 KBps but at times it becomes very slow, especially of late.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

debasish said:
dear gary4gar, is thrn't any way out, without buyin a lan card...i heard that firmware upgrade can help....is it so? whr can i find it! pls help
well try your luck with updating firmware & all things of that sort but we can't garranty that it will work or not.

it may be or may be not

medigit

In the zone

hi.. i am on Rs 500 plan.. i want to change the dataone plan to rs 250 (satrt up plam).. how to\ change it???

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

medigit said:
hi.. i am on Rs 500 plan.. i want to change the dataone plan to rs 250 (satrt up plam).. how to\ change it???
submit a application to your customer service node/center

janitha

Wise Old Owl

gary4gar said:
submit a application to your customer service node/center
Yes.
I submitted an application in the morning for my office 700 connection to be shifted to Plan 250 and when I checked the usage page in the afternoon it was changed. I had made advance payment for one year and the excess amount is being deducted from the telephone bill.

I mean to say that at times they are very prompt.

medigit

In the zone

@ janitha

whom did u address d letter 2.. nd where did u submit d application form??

janitha

Wise Old Owl

medigit said:
@ janitha

whom did u address d letter 2.. nd where did u submit d application form??
to the Commercial Officer, Dataone/BSNL.

M

major9

I'm in Cochin. I get only upload speeds btw. 3kBps & 12kBps. I'm on Home Unlimited plan.
What do you guys get ?

I heard that in Airtel BB connection you get upto 30kBps upload speed on a 256kbps line. Is it true ?

comrade

foreign return(0)

i need a small clarification...upload speed in my bsnl 900UL plan is around 6kBps...the same is not in the case with friends tata indicom who is getting 30KBps..both of us are on 256Kbps plan.
why this is so? tata using cable or adsl or what?

bhutbhut

U-ME=NOTHING

Indranil92001 said:
The speed is not depend on the router whether it is ADSL or DSL.It's depend upon the ISP provider.

I beg to differ here. You will always get better download speed than the upload speed in case of ADSL (Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line) technolgy. ADSL uses two separate frequency bands, referred to as the upstream and downstream bands. The upstream band is used for communication from the end user to the telephone central office. The downstream band is used for communicating from the central office to the end user. With standard ADSL the band from 25.875 kHz to 138 kHz is used for upstream communication, while 138 kHz – 1104 kHz is used for downstream communication.
As TaTa using DSL technology, your friend getting higher upload speed also. Here is some more clarifications :

The distinguishing characteristic of ADSL over other forms of DSL is that the volume of data flow is greater in one direction than the other, i.e. it is asymmetric. Providers usually market ADSL as a service for consumers to connect to the Internet in a relatively passive mode: able to use the higher speed direction for the "download" from the Internet but not needing to run servers that would require high speed in the other direction.

There are both technical and marketing reasons why ADSL is in many places the most common type offered to home users. On the technical side, there is likely to be more crosstalk from other circuits at the DSLAM end (where the wires from many local loops are close together) than at the customer premises. Thus the upload signal is weakest at the noisiest part of the local loop, while the download signal is strongest at the noisiest part of the local loop. It therefore makes technical sense to have the DSLAM transmit at a higher bit rate than does the modem on the customer end. Since the typical home user in fact does prefer a higher download speed, the telephone companies chose to make a virtue out of necessity, hence ADSL. On the marketing side, limiting upload speeds limits the attractiveness of this service to business customers, often causing them to purchase higher cost Digital Signal 1 services instead. In this fashion, it segments the digital communications market between business and home users.

Ref : *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adsl
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dsl

Top Bottom