** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

Ravirdv

Broken In
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

hi all

i want to get home500 plan but i dont have landline at home, is there any landline plan which has no monthly rental, i just want it for broadband

janitha

Wise Old Owl

Ravirdv said:
hi all

i want to get home500 plan but i dont have landline at home, is there any landline plan which has no monthly rental, i just want it for broadband

Yes, Home Plan UL 900 Plus. See the link
*www.bsnl.co.in/service/dataone_tariff.htm

janitha

Wise Old Owl

"home500 plan + no monthly rental + broadband"
I think the only possibility is to wait for BSNL to introduce such a plan.

Stuge

Youngling

I'm using MTNL
are you guys bale to open *www.register.bol.net.in/

soumya

In the zone

cannot change dataone password...getting this error

Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate.

praka123

left this forum longback

use alternate browser rather than IE.use FF or opera.
but two days back when i tried changing passwd i got some error in red color :?
but now no probs is working well.

desai_amogh

In the zone

im in pune. i stay alone .. & dont have a bsnl landline connection..
& i want to buy a bsnl broadband connection..i have no intentions to use the landline
so plz tell me the best option & how i cud get the connection without using a landline connection.

Stuge

Youngling

desai_amogh said:
im in pune. i stay alone .. & dont have a bsnl landline connection..
& i want to buy a bsnl broadband connection..i have no intentions to use the landline
so plz tell me the best option & how i cud get the connection without using a landline connection.

In order to get BSNL BB connection .You will have to have BSNL landline ,otherwise they will not provide BB service to you .You can select the cheapest landline package like the one for Rs 99 and get a decent BB plan.

praka123

left this forum longback

after monsoon rains started dataone started getting bad or what:confused: in Kerala

I cant connect to dataone from yesterday evening onwards.if i try i get an error saying the "CHAP authentication failed: Error No.47:The system is busy. Please try again later." .today after 3'O Clock onwards i can sometimes connect.that is after trying for around 15 times!what is happening?I called the bsnl guy he is saying many ppl here in Ernakulam(Cochin) areas are experiancing this difficulty-he says this problem will be rectified by today evening.but nothing happens as of yet.
the link is up.(green LED).I use MT880 router modem.Someone from Kochin/Kerala confirm this?
Code:
root@ubuntu:~# pppoe-discovery 
Access-Concentrator: EKM-RAS-CSR-01
^is this da one core server that sets connection?

janitha

Wise Old Owl

praka123 said:
after monsoon rains started dataone started getting bad or what:confused: in Kerala

I cant connect to dataone from yesterday evening onwards.if i try i get an error saying the "CHAP authentication failed: Error No.47:The system is busy. Please try again later." .today after 3'O Clock onwards i can sometimes connect.that is after trying for around 15 times!what is happening?I called the bsnl guy he is saying many ppl here in Ernakulam(Cochin) areas are experiancing this difficulty-he says this problem will be rectified by today evening.but nothing happens as of yet.
the link is up.(green LED).I use MT880 router modem.Someone from Kochin/Kerala confirm this?
Code:

Same here at Kollam also. After evening it gets connected but only after several attempts. But each time the error code and message are different.

praka123

left this forum longback

^ OMG!Yes the same is happening;all over kerala?.I hopes broadband is not controlled from bangalore for dataone users or is it? :( hope this will be resolved soon.
error codes may differ.
but the real cause is their core server is down/ it fails to resolve user names/passwds.In windows the error starting with some #715 is the original reason.

janitha

Wise Old Owl

praka123 said:
^ OMG!Yes the same is happening;all over kerala?.I hopes broadband is not controlled from bangalore for dataone users or is it? :( hope this will be resolved soon.
error codes may differ.
but the real cause is their core server is down/ it fails to resolve user names/passwds.In windows the error starting with some #715 is the original reason.

After several attempts I was again able to connect.
BTW in my case this is the second or third instance during the past 20 months.

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback

I have faced twice earlier but it is resolved and everything is fine.
but this time the problem is taking time to resolve an takes many attempts to connect that one can successfully connect to dataone.

raveena

Right off the assembly line
Problem with ADSL Modem

Hi frens,
I am using BSNL broadband connection and for that i am using D-link ADSL Modem ..but the problem is that while browsing suddenly PPPoE LED(light) of ADSL modem stops glowing there by i am unable to browse....This problem arises frequently .....Again to have a glow in that LED i have to switch OFF the modem and ON it again .....but sometimes that PPPoE LED will not glow at all(Even after switching it off and On).
So, if any one can help me in solving this problem, please tell me
whether its the problem with Modem or with connection or some thing else....
If any one has the solution for this problem, u can mail me at raveena.reddy@gmail.com

Thanks and regards,
Raveena

Hi frens,
I am using BSNL broadband connection and for that i am using D-link ADSL Modem ..but the problem is that while browsing suddenly PPPoE LED(light) of ADSL modem stops glowing there by i am unable to browse....This problem arises frequently .....Again to have a glow in that LED i have to switch OFF the modem and ON it again .....but sometimes that PPPoE LED will not glow at all(Even after switching it off and On).
So, if any one can help me in solving this problem, please tell me
whether its the problem with Modem or with connection or some thing else....
If any one has the solution for this problem, u can mail me at raveena.reddy@gmail.com

Thanks and regards,
Raveena

Last edited:

morpheusv6

Journeyman

praka123 said:

Code:

In Bangalore since the past 2 nights(when it starts to rain) the connection drops. I called up the BSNL people and they told me that 'there's a major server breakdown'. That was yesterday.
Today the connection was fine when I connected at 11 pm(the previous night). But at 12.30 am the connection again breaks(it had not even started to rain). When I woke up in the morning to check the downloads, I am getting DL speeds of 1 KB/s and upload at 54 KB/s. This again rectified itself now at 8.35 am the speeds are back to normal again.
Is BSNL trying to curb the 2-8 am UL downloads?
Can anyone from Bangalore confirm this? I am from Jayanagar 4th Block areaand use Home 500 plan.

Watch this!!
*speedtest.dataone.in:83/bandwidthmeter/initialmeter.php

[SIZE=+2]BSNL BROADBAND SPEED TESTER[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]Your IP Address:[/SIZE] [SIZE=+2]xx.xx.xx.xxx[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]Your Current Bandwidth Reading:[/SIZE] [SIZE=+2]257.23 Mbps
[/SIZE][SIZE=-0](Download Rate at 32.15 MB/sec)[/SIZE]

28.8 kbps dial-up *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/1.gif 33.6 kbps dial-up *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/1.gif 53.3 kbps dial-up *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/1.gif 56 kbps ISDN *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/2.gif 128 kbps ISDN *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/2.gif 256 kbps BROADBAND *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/2.gif 384 kbps DSL *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/3.gif 768 kbps DSL *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/3.gif 1000 kbps DSL *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/4.gif 1500 kbps DSL/T1/Cable Modem *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/5.gif 263401.3 kbps YOUR SPEED *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/you.gif[SIZE=-0]

RETEST CLOSE

[/SIZE] Disclaimer:
This application downloads file from BSNL server and downloaded data will be counted as data download for the purpose of Volume based Billing. BSNL does not claim that you will get the same download speed from all other National and International web sites. This download speed is just an indication of download speed limit supported on your BSNL dataone connection or on the link by which you are connected to the Internet in ideal conditions, and is not the absolute download speed limit.

What a speed!! (Blocked out the IP)

Found out the problem was at NIB Bangalore. Upgradation off server!!

Last edited:

morpheusv6

Journeyman

Did someone lately check the dataone website?
It shows details only from 6.6.2007 onwards!!
No records forMay, April,..
I have used around 900 MB of non free usage and the dataone site shows only 67 MB:D:D:D
Long live BSNL:D:D

praka123

left this forum longback

Now from yesterday night onwards Bsnl dataone home500 @least is rocking :D
very good speeds for me.the user/passwd resolve issue also gone.
@janitha:any changes there?

Top Bottom