** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

but friend tell me the Bsnl increase the speed 2Mbps for all plans

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

except 900UL, all plans are upgraded to "upto 2MBps" speed.

BSNL's 900UL sucks :x

P.S. i'm a 900UL user :D

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

reliance provide 300Kbps @900UL so ts better i am already using a reliance broad band connection 75 Kbps @400 UL

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox

GUys pls inbox me and tell me how to check on which plan of dataone i am on

Kniwor

Learner

I need some help regarding BSNL, one of my friends need a connection in KOTA and he does NOT have any bsnl connection already. Here are my questions

1) Is it necessary to take the Bfone before u can take internet from them?

2) If he does take the bfone, will there be additional charges for it's installation? He will not be using the phone in any case.

3) If he does take the phone and broadband, and then never use the phone, will he have to pay any monthly rental for the phone also, assume that he will be using home 500 plan and will purchase the modem one-time, how much monthly he will have to pay(no phone usage)?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

tgpraveen said:
GUys pls inbox me and tell me how to check on which plan of dataone i am on

now enter the User ID & password, then click "User Info"

now you'll know which plan you're subscribed to.

btw its strange that you use a Dataone plan & dont know which one it is. :rolleyes:

janitha

Wise Old Owl

Kniwor said:
I need some help regarding BSNL, one of my friends need a connection in KOTA and he does NOT have any bsnl connection already. Here are my questions

1) Is it necessary to take the Bfone before u can take internet from them?

2) If he does take the bfone, will there be additional charges for it's installation? He will not be using the phone in any case.

3) If he does take the phone and broadband, and then never use the phone, will he have to pay any monthly rental for the phone also, assume that he will be using home 500 plan and will purchase the modem one-time, how much monthly he will have to pay(no phone usage)?

As far as I know, only in case of Home Plan UL 900 Plus you will not be charged monthly rental.

"For Home Plan UL 900 Plus: Telephone Rental per month- Nil, Free Calls- Nil,
MCU charges per Pulse @ Rs. 1/- shall be applicable. The calls shall be charged
as per pulse rate of BSNl Bfone General Plan. Security Deposit and Installation
charges as applicable for Local/STD/ISD shall be taken from new customers."
Also see:-
*www.bsnl.co.in/service/dataone_tariff.htm

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox

s18000rpm said:

now enter the User ID & password, then click "User Info"

now you'll know which plan you're subscribed to.

btw its strange that you use a Dataone plan & dont know which one it is. :rolleyes:

Username **********
User Type Postpaid Users
User Status Online
Current Service Downloadspeed upto 2 Mbps
Create Time 2005/09/01 16:06:59

This is all the info that i get
how do i know if my plan is rs.250 or rs.500
am i missing something pls do help me.
thx in advance.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

I am getting low download speeds during night unlimited.The speed reaches over 120 kilo bytes/sec but then goes down to 40-44 kilo bytes/sec.It seems that BSNL has slowed down my speed on purpose.They Just want me to browse faster.Maybe i'll switch to BSNL's 900unlimited plan.I used to get good speeds when i used MTNL in Delhi.I think we should start a thread on "BSNL's Cheating on me."

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

tgpraveen said:
Username **********
User Type Postpaid Users
User Status Online
Current Service Downloadspeed upto 2 Mbps
Create Time 2005/09/01 16:06:59

This is all the info that i get
how do i know if my plan is rs.250 or rs.500
am i missing something pls do help me.
thx in advance.
ok check in "Service Records" page.

*img114.imageshack.us/img114/6273/bsnluj0.th.jpg

under Service Name, you'll find your's :wink:

like mine shows 900UL

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox

@s18000rpm THX a lot man i checked what u r saying and where for u it says 900UL for me it says download speed 2mbps then on which plan am i on

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

Oh maaan,i m sick of BSNL.Tonight i m getting speeds as low as 670 bytes.I telephoned the customer care about this then they forwarded my complaint to the exchange.Yesterday i got a ring from the exchange and they told me to get a joint less telephone line from the pole.It was BSNL who gave the connection well along with the wires which have joints at points but only 3.Is it due to these joints or there's something else wrong.Has the modem become faulty.Should i replace the wire manually with a joint less one(even i removed the joints there would be two remaining,one on the pole an the other on the phone).Please someone give me some advise on how to tackle the problem and get good speeds.I have the BSNL 500 home plan and Quidway WA1003A modem.I have troubleshooted both using LAN and usb.I have windows vista and there is absoltly no virus or malware eating the bandwidth.I got the connection about a month back and i used to get good speeds of about 120-280 Kilobytes/sec(ya 280 sometimes it even went above 300 Kilobytes/sec during night).Just google "Reasons why bsnl sucks" and u will get plenty.

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

tgpraveen said:
@s18000rpm THX a lot man i checked what u r saying and where for u it says 900UL for me it says download speed 2mbps then on which plan am i on
Customer Care is where you'll get an answer.

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure

I got a new prob - Installed the modem but it's not conecting, only 2 light is glowing on modem (usualy 3 will), now bsnl engg. said nic prob in machine, tht makes me wondered - where the hell nic come from, I amusing at my home with no nic. they have changed the modem; usb cable but unable to resolve.

I might missing some easy spot - any one can pls suggest?
Thanks in advance

ajayashish

Living to Succeed

can anyone tell me how to change DNS in Quidway WA1003A.. type 2 modem...

J

JamesTryForYou

Is the "Sum of nite unlimited" is also added in the "total Volume(GB)".

Cuz i dunno , i did most of my works in between 2 to 8 am but found that my gb's are increasing. Yeah i am sure i aam using Home 500 plan. Also tell me how frequently does the Service Records gets updated.:(

This is when i got connected to BSNL's, this is what it shows when i click on Service Order Records

SERVICE NAME ORDER TIME STATUS

HOME 500 downloadspeed -Upto 2 Mbps 2007/03/16 17:03:40 Normal

Will some one explain the above in a little detail? also tell me if i got connected to BSNL's service on 16/03/2007 at 03:40 then will on the same time but dated 16/04/2007 mine service records will be reseted to 0..Please reply me soon. THNX in Advance

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

ajayashish said:
can anyone tell me how to change DNS in Quidway WA1003A.. type 2 modem...

Changing Dns server is not router specific
for follow thisin windows xp
start>control panel>Network and internet connetions>Network connections>local area connection>properties>Select TCP/IP>properties>Use the following DNS servers>click O.K

ITTechPerson said:
I got a new prob - Installed the modem but it's not conecting, only 2 light is glowing on modem (usualy 3 will), now bsnl engg. said nic prob in machine, tht makes me wondered - where the hell nic come from, I amusing at my home with no nic. they have changed the modem; usb cable but unable to resolve.

I might missing some easy spot - any one can pls suggest?
Thanks in advance

PLs tell which light is on & which is off
we aren't concerned with thier numbers:))

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

New rumor-"BSNL in patna has banned it's home users for use of internet during night unlimited."They r giving lame excuses for the time being.

appu

Knowledge Nomad

Pravas said:
Is the "Sum of nite unlimited" is also added in the "total Volume(GB)".

Cuz i dunno , i did most of my works in between 2 to 8 am but found that my gb's are increasing. Yeah i am sure i aam using Home 500 plan. Also tell me how frequently does the Service Records gets updated.:(

This is when i got connected to BSNL's, this is what it shows when i click on Service Order Records

SERVICE NAME ORDER TIME STATUS

HOME 500 downloadspeed -Upto 2 Mbps 2007/03/16 17:03:40 Normal

Will some one explain the above in a little detail? also tell me if i got connected to BSNL's service on 16/03/2007 at 03:40 then will on the same time but dated 16/04/2007 mine service records will be reseted to 0..Please reply me soon. THNX in Advance

Look yup download is free from 2 to 8 in morning but it wil be added to ur total download but not to ur sum total ie total download - free download so u wont be charge for dat download at all dont worry
and no i dont think its like dat it wil be reset on 1/4/07

Top Bottom