** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

paragkalra

The Linux Man !
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

Hi Guys...I have BSNL DATAONE 900 UL PLAN....My pc is on and downloading something or the other for almost 18 hours...except when there is no power for nearly 6 hours.....i am really apprehensive about the fate of my modem....coz i m really putting it in hot waters....I am having this modem(HUAWEI SMARTX 882) for almost 14 months now...and nothing has happened...I just want to ask whether or not WARRANTY still holds valid or not...or it is now void (IN SHORT whats the warranty period of BSNL MODEMS).....Also in case of sudden death or tragedy if my modem goes crashing and I am made to buy A NEW MODEM, which modem would be a best buy considering BSNL service and compatibility issues.....ALSO i have two PCS........So I want my new modem also to act as a hub... with as many as extensive features as possible (like wireless router etc...)....Money is not an issue......But quality, warranty and compatibility with BSNL SPEED AND SERVICE DOES MATTER TO ME......WAITING FOR YOUR REPLIES...

appu

Knowledge Nomad

paragkalra said:
Hi Guys...I have BSNL DATAONE 900 UL PLAN....My pc is on and downloading something or the other for almost 18 hours...except when there is no power for nearly 6 hours.....i am really apprehensive about the fate of my modem....coz i m really putting it in hot waters....I am having this modem(HUAWEI SMARTX 882) for almost 14 months now...and nothing has happened...I just want to ask whether or not WARRANTY still holds valid or not...or it is now void (IN SHORT whats the warranty period of BSNL MODEMS).....Also in case of sudden death or tragedy if my modem goes crashing and I am made to buy A NEW MODEM, which modem would be a best buy considering BSNL service and compatibility issues.....ALSO i have two PCS........So I want my new modem also to act as a hub... with as many as extensive features as possible (like wireless router etc...)....Money is not an issue......But quality, warranty and compatibility with BSNL SPEED AND SERVICE DOES MATTER TO ME......WAITING FOR YOUR REPLIES...

D-link offers a good no of realiable modems for adsl type but i would like to advise u one thing
Dat is opt for a bsnl provided modem
Reasons
1. coz then they wil provide all kinds of support if its their own modem
2. even if there is a problem wit ur connection they wil blame ur modem and after many crys and shouts they may try to check out if there is any connection problem
3. Even i once thought of these and went out to a reputed comp hardware shop and asked him for Bsnl modem but d owner of d store itself told me not to buy one and told me d above reasons and d tantrums u may have to face in case any prob occurs in ur connection.

So now its up to u to decide abt it :D

paragkalra

The Linux Man !
Usb drivers for VISTA

Hi friends....I am using Windows Ultimate....I have BSNL dataone HOME 900 UL plan..I have Huawei SmartX MT882 modem...So far I access internet through LAN cable...Now I want to access net through USB CABLE which I got with the modem....But I don't have drivers for vista...will XP drivers work for vista as well......Also please kindly give the step by step procedure to install usb drivers for my modem......as my manual is missing.......

JamesTryForYou

In the zone

Now this software Works fine.This is one to check your Usage and amount of Bsnl data one services . Exactly i dont remember where i found it , try google searching the file named Dataone Usage Finder v1.5

jack// ani

In the zone
Re: Usb drivers for VISTA

paragkalra said:
Hi friends....I am using Windows Ultimate....I have BSNL dataone HOME 900 UL plan..I have Huawei SmartX MT882 modem...So far I access internet through LAN cable...Now I want to access net through USB CABLE which I got with the modem....But I don't have drivers for vista...will XP drivers work for vista as well......Also please kindly give the step by step procedure to install usb drivers for my modem......as my manual is missing.......

Whats wrong with LAN cable, its always a good idea to avoid USB, because it requires drivers!! Go and set the modem back to LAN cable, don't use USB.

bandhu

Right off the assembly line

due to disruption in connection and no indication on LED, thinking that the driver probramme is corrupted, I un-installed the huawei smartAX MT 882 ADSL router BSNL dataone modem programme.
I tried reinstalling from CD supplied by BSNL. But was stuck up halfway through and cancelled the setup.

Upon trying to reinstall again from set up.exe programme i amm getting a message that it is already installed and if wanting to reinstall, uninstall first but.. I am not able to find any such program on my computer.

Kindly help me in uninstalling and reinstalling the software.

amanjagga

Broken In

i have heard from others that if you fill others User name and password you can charge others or when phone is dead and sometimes the BB is working then no Usage is counted for that.is these things are true?

appu

Knowledge Nomad

amanjagga said:
i have heard from others that if you fill others User name and password you can charge others or when phone is dead and sometimes the BB is working then no Usage is counted for that.is these things are true?

nope all these r silly things

royal

Padawan

Friends, I have been in plan 500 since Feb 2007. However I get a max. download speed of 60-70 KBps .:mad:

Is there any way to increase this to at least to 100-120 KBPS ? Will submitting a formal complain to BSNL solve this ? :confused:

mAYHEM

Journeyman

Anybody having the latest firmware for DLink GLB-502T modem.

royal

Padawan

Desi-Tek.com said:
sounds like u have problem with ur lan cable?

How do I know if its the LAN cable ? :confused:
And how to fix it ? :(

The Terminator

Well...my dear frndsss....i m here to ask u somethngs

Well..do anyone knowss how to use other's account?
and well anyone knowss whatss ppoe mode and bridge way?
well..do anyone knowss how to set back ppoe mode to bridge mode and bridge mode to ppoe mode?

plzz reply for what all i asked

here is there any gud,brilliant hacker of dataone?then plzz help for my future queries

lovesujoy

I cannot access my router setup page 192.168.1.1:mad:
just got my modem yesterday no username/password as yet but yesterday noon it was working after that it stopped.:mad: :mad: :mad:

I am using WA3002-g1 Wireless ADSL Router

please help :(

finally peace prevails...i got my connection and its working........at last

Last edited:

kooabs03

Banned

The Terminator said:
Well...my dear frndsss....i m here to ask u somethngs

Well..do anyone knowss how to use other's account?
and well anyone knowss whatss ppoe mode and bridge way?
well..do anyone knowss how to set back ppoe mode to bridge mode and bridge mode to ppoe mode?

plzz reply for what all i asked

here is there any gud,brilliant hacker of dataone?then plzz help for my future queries
ppoe mode means ur modem as well as router is working. when u change it to bridge mode it means ur router works as a modem only. in modem mode only one computer can access net.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

my connection is in waiting list because there are no ports available.
does any body else is also in waiting list like me?

The Terminator

kooabs03 said:
ppoe mode means ur modem as well as router is working. when u change it to bridge mode it means ur router works as a modem only. in modem mode only one computer can access net.

Well..thnk u very much for ur information
So..i thnk u are gud in computers ..rite

Well...let me come to the point...I m having bsnl dataone in my office and also at my home....soo..now what i want is..i want to use my dataone account of my office in my home..So how will i do that...and...i dont know whether that account is portblinded..anyway if anyone could tell me how can i use...i could try out....

waiting for a favourable reply at the earliest

freebird

Debian Rocks!

in most parts of the country u can access dataone from a single bsnl number.

janitha

Wise Old Owl

freebird said:
in most parts of the country u can access dataone from a single bsnl number.

Here my office connection could be accessed from home and vice versa for more than a year, but since two months back it is not possible.

The Terminator

janitha said:
Here my office connection could be accessed from home and vice versa for more than a year, but since two months back it is not possible.

ohh..is it so? how did u use it? can u please tell me its procedures? is port blinded implemented in kottayam?

Top Bottom